Why Is Limbaugh on the air and Imus off?

JBecker

• Members

Well, I don't listen to his show, but my tax dollars fund the FCC, who regulate "Public" airwaves. Therefore, I can have an interest in this issue in my opinion...

"Barack the Magic Negro" isn't a political argument; it's RACISM. If Limbaugh wants to make a case against his platform, that's fine, but Obama's race has NOTHING with his work as a Senator or ambitions for the executive office.

I could care less about whether or not it's "politcally correct"; it's just bad and vulgar radio.

It's not racism; it's comedy.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well I doubt it was too violent since the NYPD agreed with him and gave him back the $75 he had to pay.

Well I wouldn't argue that police do not QUITE COMMONLY infringe upon civil liberties. However, this has nothing to do with the Patriot Act.

• Members

After a big storm, Stosh found a rather large tree fallen down in his yard, across the driveway.

Taking matters into his own hands, he goes to the local hardware store and inquires about buying an axe. He describes the tree and the clerk says, "Stosh, what you need is a chainsaw and I just happen to have one here on sale".

Stosh returns home.

Three days later, Stosh shows up at the hardware store with bandages on both hands clutching the chainsaw. The clerk asks him what happened and Stosh replies, "this saw is junk, it took three days to cut that tree up, I would have been better off with an axe like we used in Poland".

The clerk grabs the saw and pulls the cord. The engine comes to life and Stosh takes three quick steps backwards, "What's that noise"?

:D

OK, how many Polish people want me banned now?

• Members
After a big storm, Stosh found a rather large tree fallen down in his yard, across the driveway.

Taking matters into his own hands, he goes to the local hardware store and inquires about buying an axe. He describes the tree and the clerk says, "Stosh, what you need is a chainsaw and I just happen to have one here on sale".

Stosh returns home.

Three days later, Stosh shows up at the hardware store with bandages on both hands clutching the chainsaw. The clerk asks him what happened and Stosh replies, "this saw is junk, it took three days to cut that tree up, I would have been better off with an axe like we used in Poland".

The clerk grabs the saw and pulls the cord. The engine comes to life and Stosh takes three quick steps backwards, "What's that noise"?

:D

OK, how many Polish people want me banned now?

hahahahaha nice!

• Members

Well I wouldn't argue that police do not QUITE COMMONLY infringe upon civil liberties. However, this has nothing to do with the Patriot Act.

Very wrong, the Patriot act makes ANY protest an act of terrorism. One of the definitions of "terrorism" in the USA PATRIOT Act is to attempt to sway the public opinion, one of the main goals of a protest. I don't remember the exact wording, I wrote a term paper on it last year.

• Members

Whatever, dude. "Negro" is not a term anyone should use when referring to a United States Senator...

...and I'm glad you're so well versed in derogatory terms for black people. Your mother must be proud.

dude just stfu its pc asshats like you who ruin things

christ you sound like a 5th grader

• Members

Wow, dude...

I realize you're from Louisiana and all, but that's not comedy. I find your posts disturbing...

So your now racist against people from Lousiana too?

For someone preaching against bigotry, you sure are a bigot.

All of us from the South hate black people right?

• Members

Such words? Like what? Negro? They are negros.

No. "They" are Americans, just like my Irish/German, white ass.

Barack Obama is a Harvard graduate and a United States Senator. He is not a "negro"; he is a man who deserves respect...

• Members

Whatever, dude. "Negro" is not a term anyone should use when referring to a United States Senator...

...and I'm glad you're so well versed in derogatory terms for black people. Your mother must be proud.

You need to understand this. A guy like me. I'm 44 years old. I got a few miles on me. We were taught early on that "nigger" was a bad word. We were told to use the desriptor, "Negro". A few years later, "Negro" was out of fashion and it seemed "Colored" was the proper terminology. "Colored" then was phased out and "Black" was the accepted word. Now we are told that "African American" is the only acceptable term. There's probably folks older than me that will tell you that there was a day when "nigger" was not actually an insult, but a description that was not intended to cause harm as all these other terms hadn't been thought up yet.

The whole thing is assinine to me (perhaps because I am not black), because all black people did not in fact come from africa.

I'd bet my ass that in a few years, "African American" is no longer going to be in style. In my humble opinion, there will always be a barrier between blacks and everyone else if they feel the need to be treated with "kid gloves" and need to change the words in which they feel they need to describe themselves every few years.

We're all americans if we are born on this soil.

• Members

So your now racist against people from Lousiana too?

For someone preaching against bigotry, you sure are a bigot.

All of us from the South hate black people right?

My whole family is from the south and I understand that the subject of race is treated differently in that part of the country. I don't have to accept it though...

I'm also not sure where I said all people from the south hate black people. Why do you feel the need to put words in my mouth?

• Members

...and that's how I feel. I've never felt the need to describe any of my black friends otherwise. It's just not necessary. I don't acknowledge race as a cultural division and neither should anyone else.

• Members

No. "They" are Americans, just like my Irish/German, white ass.

Barack Obama is a Harvard graduate and a United States Senator. He is not a "negro"; he is a man who deserves respect...

Kinda like our President who's also an Ivy League grad and is a former Governor... Does he deserve respect too?

Tell ya a little story... I'm Irish... I'm talking a couple of generations on my mom's side and first generation on my dad's side. When the powers that be wanted to drain the swamps around what is now New Orleans who do you think got stuck with it? It was incredibly hazardous work and many folks died of Malaria which the savages at the time thought was due to "bad air" not to mention all the nasty little wee beasties that inhabit the area. I'll give you a clue... It was the Irish, because "Negroes" were deemed to be too valuable. Course all my people were starving in Ireland at the time but then I don't carry around a gaping wound because of the trials and tribulations of my ancestors. I'm not a victim.

• Members

My whole family is from the south and I understand that the subject of race is treated differently in that part of the country. I don't have to accept it though...

I'm also not sure where I said all people from the south hate black people. Why do you feel the need to put words in my mouth?

You said "I realize your from Lousiana and all"....as in being from there means you must be racist.

Theres just as much racism in the north. The tired sterotypes about the south and racism are ridiculous. Believe it or not the south had advanced in the past 50 years.

• Members

You need to understand this. A guy like me. I'm 44 years old. I got a few miles on me. We were taught early on that "nigger" was a bad word. We were told to use the desriptor, "Negro". A few years later, "Negro" was out of fashion and it seemed "Colored" was the proper terminology. "Colored" then was phased out and "Black" was the accepted word. Now we are told that "African American" is the only acceptable term. There's probably folks older than me that will tell you that there was a day when "nigger" was not actually an insult, but a description that was not intended to cause harm as all these other terms hadn't been thought up yet.

The whole thing is assinine to me (perhaps because I am not black), because all black people did not in fact come from africa.

I'd bet my ass that in a few years, "African American" is no longer going to be in style. In my humble opinion, there will always be a barrier between blacks and everyone else if they feel the need to be treated with "kid gloves" and need to change the words in which they feel they need to describe themselves every few years.

I'm pretty sure black is back. Jamaicans get pissed off if you call them african. Nigger is a little bit different though, I've never heard anyone say "black" with the intent to demean and insult a person, but I do see your point

• Members

Kinda like our President who's also an Ivy League grad and is a former Governor... Does he deserve respect too?

If you take a close look his life, no. His father, on the other hand, I would probably say yes.

• Members

I'm pretty sure black is back. Jamaicans get pissed off if you call them african. Nigger is a little bit different though, I've never heard anyone say "black" with the intent to demean and insult a person, but I do see your point

Whether it's PC or not, I'm stuck on "black". I've heard "black" people use this in conversations with me. IE: I'm looking for Jim Smith. Usually, a "black" person, when asked about Jim Smith, will say, "he's the black guy over there".

I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone say "african american" other than an asshole politician or Reverend Sharpton like individual on TV spouting off some bull{censored}.

• Members

BTW... I have a couple of friends who are actually from Africa. One of them is the son of an Ambassador who grew up there and speaks nearly a dozen different dialects and languages. My other friend is from S Africa and is about as white as people get.

We (my S African friend and another buddy from Chem class) were studying at one of the many starbucks in town and some "African" American kids were being abnormally loud and making all sorts of racket at the next table. They kept referring to each other as "African" this and "African" that and finally my real African friend leans over and asks them what part of Africa they're from. This went over like a floating turd at a pool party. She pointed out that she's spent her whole life in Africa and that because of what her dad did (He taught people how not to get Malaria and treated people who had it) she had traveled to nearly every part of Sub-Saharan Africa. The jackass kids straight up told here that she wasn't African because she was too white... :freak:

This whole race sensitivity thing has to stop. People are getting stupid about it...

• Members

No I don't respect rich drunken crack addicts from connecticut who think their cowboys as well as the savior of america from a non existent mass evil looming on the horizon. I'd add more but you can only fit so much failure in one sentence.

• Members

Theres just as much racism in the north. The tired sterotypes about the south and racism are ridiculous. Believe it or not the south had advanced in the past 50 years.

There's plenty of racism everywhere (all over the world), but in the United States, it is the worst in the south--it's not just a stereotype. It works both ways too unfortunately.

• Members

Whether it's PC or not, I'm stuck on "black". I've heard "black" people use this in conversations with me. IE: I'm looking for Jim Smith. Usually, a "black" person, when asked about Jim Smith, will say, "he's the black guy over there".

I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone say "african american" other than an asshole politician or Reverend Sharpton like individual on TV spouting off some bull{censored}.

+1, all my black friends, which include my next door neighbor endorse using 'black' as a proper descriptor.

• Members

I certainly would take no offense to being called the "white guy" if I were being described next to a spanish or black person. It's a simple, fast and effective description. When I pick a shirt off the rack in a store, I can ask for the green one or the purple one without fear of insulting the cotton or silk fabric. :p

• Members

Yeah, I'm sticking with black too. I always find it funny when people say it. First theres the uncomfortable look around to make sure there's no black people around, then the faint whisper of black guy. If I'm bored I'll say pretty loud, "WHAT DID YOU SAY? BLACK GUY?"

Archived