Why Is Limbaugh on the air and Imus off?

JBecker

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
FREE SPEECH ------ I wish some people would have heard of this and more importantly have respect for it..
:cry:

:freak:

:cry:

I believe free speech only applies to government censorship. CBS firing Imus is not a violation of free speech, just cowardice and lack of balls.

• Members

They have freedom of speech and freedom to be an asshole, you have the freedom not to listen. Since censorship sucks, its just something to put up with as id rather allow that than have everything that opposes someones agenda censored. I dont know much about Limbaugh, but from what ive seen, hes a twat, and surely its best just to give him no publicity at all.

James

• Members

Why? It's pretty easy actually...

Imus was on liberal radio; Limbaugh is on conservative radio...

The people who are going to bitch about that kind of language listen to liberal radio. Conservatives embrace the use of such words apparently...

I wish it were possible to "ammend" the 1st Ammendment, because free speech should only be allowed for those capable of doing something productive with it. Sheesh. What an asshole Rush is...

• Members

Imus
was
on liberal radio; Limbaugh is on conservative radio...

The people who are going to bitch about that kind of language listen to liberal radio. Conservatives embrace the use of such words apparently...

I wish it were possible to "ammend" the 1st Ammendment, because free speech should only be allowed for those capable of doing something productive with it. Sheesh. What an asshole Rush is...

thanks for the opinion. Can I join the Nazi Party to?

• Members

Imus
was
on liberal radio; Limbaugh is on conservative radio...

So well leave it up to you for what people should listen to? Your the judge and jury? Your the final arbitor? :freak:

Thats 100000 times scarier" than some silly joke that some radio personality says on the air..

PS - Your liberal/conservative radio comparison is also incorrect.

:idea:

• Members
thanks for the opinion. Can I join the Nazi Party to?

Germany? I don't know, though. I heard they won't take anyone who can't spell :)

You tell me how calling Barack Obama "Barack the Magic Negro" is either accurate or productive and I'll gladly take back my argument. If Rushman wants to be critical of Obama's platform, voting record, etc, fine, but poking fun at his race is mean spirited and completely unnecessary.

• Members
PS - Your liberal/conservative radio comparison is also incorrect.

How so? If Limbaugh had aired that on liberal radio, it would be all over the news right now. However, because his target audience is so specific, I'm assuming it was largely ignored. How am I wrong?

• Members

Limbaugh is REALLY profitable + his employers enjoy the revenue

Imus' employers had no balls + Imus wasn't very profitable or entertaining.

SIMPLE

Ding Ding!! Correct.. Follow the money trail...!

• Members
Germany? I don't know, though. I heard they won't take anyone who can't spell
:)

You tell me how calling Barack Obama "Barack the Magic Negro" is either accurate or productive and I'll gladly take back my argument. If Rushman wants to be critical of Obama's platform, voting record, etc, fine, but poking fun at his race is mean spirited and completely unnecessary.

you seem like more of an asshole to me than Rush does

• Members

you seem like more of an asshole to me than Rush does

Well, you couldn't be more wrong. I'm a really nice guy and easy to get along with. I just can't imagine why anyone would still tolerate racism in our country anymore...

...that's what this argument is really about--racism. It's not about Rush Limbaugh being a conservative (I could care less). I'm just saying your average "Nascar Steve", who listens to his show, wouldn't give that segment a second thought.

• Members
Where did I say I should be the "final arbitor"? It's my belief that these situations will work themselves out on their own. If major advertisers start pulling from Rush's show, then he'll be off the air too...

Oh, and that's not a "silly joke". A joke is something that is funny...

How so? If Limbaugh had aired that on liberal radio, it would be all over the news right now. However, because his target audience is so specific, I'm assuming it was largely ignored. How am I wrong?

Both guys are on PUBLIC radio, yes Rush is geared more towards conservatives but Imus was a lil better *mixture* of guests, people and viewpoints.

Were heading towards a slippery slope of PC in this country, if you dont like the product simply change the channel! Both sides of the political aisle/ideology should have the right to spout their views and let the mkt dictate, simple concept..

BTW The guy in your avatar has said and done some silly things in his past! :D

• Members
Both guys are on PUBLIC radio, yes Rush is geared more towards conservatives but Imus was a lil better *mixture* of guests, people and viewpoints.

Were heading towards a slippery slope of PC in this country, if you dont like the product simply change the channel! Both sides of the political aisle/ideology should have the right to spout their views and let the mkt dictate, simple concept..

BTW The guy in your avatar has said and done some silly things in his past!
:D

Well, I don't listen to his show, but my tax dollars fund the FCC, who regulate "Public" airwaves. Therefore, I can have an interest in this issue in my opinion...

"Barack the Magic Negro" isn't a political argument; it's RACISM. If Limbaugh wants to make a case against his platform, that's fine, but Obama's race has NOTHING with his work as a Senator or ambitions for the executive office.

I could care less about whether or not it's "politcally correct"; it's just bad and vulgar radio.

• Members

JV + Elvis are PATHETICLY BORING :bor: :bor:

but this is the typical bull{censored} we have in America 2007

Im 100% italian, how many jokes/stereotypes do u think have i heard? Not 1 of them has affected me in a negative way.. :freak: I think i turned out fine lol. :o

Can u imagine what comedians and eneterainers will be able to say in 20 yrs? - who left this asshole at the OCO (Organization Of Chinese americans) in charge? Hes the arbitror of good taste? whats funny/not funny?

It seems like alot of people want this, personally its bull{censored} and a slippery slope imo

• Members

Rush didn't make that song, did he? I thought someone else did and he just played it. Like that he didn't tell anyone to make it, he just found it, thought it was funny, and played it on his show.

And I'm pretty sure that he's meaning it in the opposite way, as in he thinks it's ridiculous that people (like Al Sharpton, I can maybe gather from the song, but I wouldn't really know) think that Obama isn't "black enough."

• Members
JV + Elvis are PATHETICLY BORING
:bor:
:bor:

but this is the typical bull{censored} we have in America 2007

Im 100% italian, how many jokes/stereotypes do u think have i heard? Not 1 of them has affected me in a negative way..
:freak:
I think i turned out fine lol.
:o

Can u imagine what comedians and eneterainers will be able to say in 20 yrs? - who left this asshole at the OCO (Organization Of Chinese americans) in charge? Hes the arbitror of good taste? whats funny/not funny?

It seems like alot of people want this, personally its bull{censored} and a slippery slope imo

I like JV and Elvis, other than that +1.

I thought Imus was an ass and not funny at all so I didn't listen. That's the way it works.

Archived