What cables do you use, and why?

Random Hero

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I use these guys:

http://www.surebuyz.com/CustomleadZ/ClZ_Home.html

they make the cables up themselves using van damme wire/cabling and they are simply brillant! They'll make any kind of guitar lead to order and the price is not bad at all. They are very low noise and very solid.

They also have an ebay shop here:

http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/TrusoundZ-pro-audio-cable-solutions_van-damme_W0QQsaselZ120385159QQsofpZ0

just send them a message about what you want and they'll make it for you!

:)

• Members

Lava ELC from lavacable.com

I've used a lot of cables, and the ELC sound as good, if not better then the top dollar stuff for half the price. They sound better the mogami and canare, and are way more road-worthy. They dont' kink up like a lot of other cables do either.

Plus everything Mark sells has a lifetime warranty and he's a great guy to deal with.

-W

• Members
John Suhr claims treble rolloff in a cable is a great tool for battling harsh highs when you play with a lot of distortion..

OTOH i have a roll of crap-o-cable, it sounds dull and you hear it thru the amp when you step on it..

You can also adjust at the amp depending on volume. :blah: I'd rather have the ability to have maximum sensitivity if I want it.

• Members

My main instrument cable is a Monster that I got back before I found out what legalsauruses they were. However, I've had it since 2002 with no problems, and I do get a free one whenever this one breaks, no questions asked. Which is why I bought it in the first place.

All my other patch cables are George Ls, which have done fine by me. I use them because I can trim them to length with my leather man, and no soldering. You usually see either 6" or 1' or 2' cables and with the George L's, I can have whatever I need, to the inch. My speaker cables are generic 14 gauges, or a generic Banana-to-1/4" job.

I rarely buy cables, and I'm cheap a {censored}.

• Members
I'm cheap as {censored}.

Me too! Not to mention I'm a tight ass.

Up until a couple of years ago.

I looked around my room and realized that I have about 25 guitar cables (all different types). And I never bought a single one of them. :o

We've all meet someone that is a lighter thief. :o I had become a cable thief. :o

Long story short:
I got the help I needed. I've been clean and sober for 2 years now. :D

The hardest part was confornting the 25 people that I had walked away with their guitar cords.

I can't believe I let guitar cables get ahold of me like that. :o

Never again man, never again. :o

• Members

For my long cables, the ones that go from amp->pedalboard and pedalboard ->guitar, I use mogami, and mogami only.

Right now on my pedal board, it's a bunch of cheapo piece of {censored} patch cables, however, I am going to get either mogami patch cables, or more likely george L.

Archived