What cables do you use, and why?

Random Hero

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A bunch of old monster standard series cables, they don't make them anymore as now they have plastic casing around the connection between the cable and the plug. One of mine needed to be re-soldered and the guy at GC wanted to give me one of the new ones as a replacement so I just took it home and fixed it.

• Members

I use cables from a seller on ebay called Rapid Cables or something. Neutrik jacks and apparently good cable. Cheaper than branded cable as well.

Could you check on the details for those? I tried searching on Rapid Cables and came up empty.

• Members

Mogami 2524 and neutrik plugs.

Affordable cable, anti-microphonic, low capacitance, two-conductor (for semi-balanced wiring with floating ground).

I can't really hear a difference between cables as far as sound quality goes.. except some may have a little more treble than others .. :idk:

• Members

Mogami 2524 and neutrik plugs.

Affordable cable, anti-microphonic, low capacitance, two-conductor (for semi-balanced wiring with floating ground).

I can't really hear a difference between cables as far as sound quality goes.. except some may have a
little more treble than others ..
:idk:

That's a difference! A very big difference between say a Esteban cable and a Monster cable--clarity, treble response.

• Members

That's a difference! A very big difference between say a Esteban cable and a Monster cable--clarity, treble response.

John Suhr claims treble rolloff in a cable is a great tool for battling harsh highs when you play with a lot of distortion..

OTOH i have a roll of crap-o-cable, it sounds dull and you hear it thru the amp when you step on it..

Archived