Those who had problems with the VOX Valvetronix, come in! (Silver-grilled models)

LaLa900

• Members

I liked the VOX AD's I tried and do plan to get the VOX AD50VT if possible. They are selling brand new for $385 CAD! The thing is, once I get this amp, I think this would be my only guitar amp. Therefore, I can't risk having an amp crap out on me as I won't have a backup.

I've seen the AD50VT for $359 at a couple places.

• 11 months later...
  • Members

I have had the original valvetronix .. the AD120 VT ... that worked like a charm until we moved from CT to Fla.

Now the thing will just simply stop sending a signal to the speakers....

could it be the tubes?

if yes on tubes, would the issue come and go?

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Members

HEY I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM! ive had an AD50VT for about 2 months now, played it loud with my band about 3 times and it sounds amazing. however last practice about 2 and a half hours in something weird happened to it, the amp wouldnt sustain any notes, it would quickly stop the note ringing out after about a second, sort of like it was struggling to keep it going but then it stopped doing it, and then started again. i have it on the full 50watts. apparently its not that somethings broken, i forget what the problem is, or what ive been told anyway, does anyone know what this problem is? i have a gig thursday so i really need a quick reply!!

• Members

HEY I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM! ive had an AD50VT for about 2 months now, played it loud with my band about 3 times and it sounds amazing. however last practice about 2 and a half hours in something weird happened to it, the amp wouldnt sustain any notes, it would quickly stop the note ringing out after about a second, sort of like it was struggling to keep it going but then it stopped doing it, and then started again. i have it on the full 50watts. apparently its not that somethings broken, i forget what the problem is, or what ive been told anyway, does anyone know what this problem is? i have a gig thursday so i really need a quick reply!!

you turned the gate again, check the manual.

I never had any trouble out of mine...I gave it to a friend who didn't have an amp.:cry: I really miss it, it was such a great amp.

• Members

I just bought a new AD100VTH for $235.00. It was the store demo model. Anyway, I've used it at rehearsal twice now and after about an hour it produces this scary hot electrical smell. I guess that's normal for a new amp. I'm gonna keep giving it hell though and see what happens. Has some pretty good sounds in it so far especially considering it was so cheap. Not all the amp models sound good but, I wasn't really expecting them all to be usable. Been using the 70's UK model with a TS9 boosting the front end and I also happen to have an EQ pedal in the loop which really opens the amp up. A really great amp would need no pedals but, hey, you can't really expect a lot for $235.00. I use pedals with my other amps anyway.

• 11 years later...
  • Members

After trying out different fixes with regards to sound issues with my NOS Vox Valvetronix AD100VT XL to no avail,  I just did a factory reset and the fix is working amazing so far. 

My issues were, The sound wasn't coming on at all, than it was, then wasn't, basically it was cutting out etc.

I tried re-seating the 12ax7 tube, then I tried spraying all the input jacks, but to no avail.

Last resort, I tried this factory reset. Working flawlessly now. I'm stoked.....

RESTORING THE FACTORY SETTINGS:

NOTE: If you do this, the programs you saved in the channels will be completely erased,
and will be reset to the factory settings.
NOTE: Effect and noise reduction settings made in the Manual mode will also be erased.

1. Turn the power off.
2. While holding down both the CH and WRITE buttons, turn the power on.
When the CH1 and CH2 LEDs begin blinking, release these two buttons.
HINT: If you decide to abort this operation, press the TAP switch at this point.
3. When you press the WRITE switch, the CH1 and CH2 LEDs will change from
blinking to lit. Initialization will be completed in a few seconds, and the amp
will switch to Preset mode.
NOTE: Never turn off the power while initialization

Archived