Man, EVH and that amp guy really got Fender's dick down their throats.

Cliff Fiscal

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought the same thing. Every EVH article I've read (going back even through my Dad's 70's/80's Guitar Players) has been BS.

He'll say whatever setup he's using at the time is superior to anything else then 10 years later when he's revamped his rig, he'll be shouting how nothing else touches his new rig. I know I also read that he lied in a lot of the early interviews so people wouldn't duplicate his setup.

So basically whoever is paying EVH more money suddenly has the best rig EVAR!!!!11

{censored} EVH, and his cheese dick music.

• Members

I thought the same thing. Every EVH article I've read (going back even through my Dad's 70's/80's Guitar Players) has been BS.

He'll say whatever setup he's using at the time is superior to anything else then 10 years later when he's revamped his rig, he'll be shouting how nothing else touches his new rig. I know I also read that he lied in a lot of the early interviews so people wouldn't duplicate his setup.

So basically whoever is paying EVH more money suddenly has the best rig EVAR!!!!11

{censored} EVH, and his cheese dick music.

I'm ok with lying to preserve something truly special, but to be such an obvious gear whore is sad. Nothing is sacred.

I'm not even a big VH fan anyway........maybe some sweetened nostalgia from my youth but that's as far as it goes.

• Members
He'll say whatever setup he's using at the time is superior to anything else then 10 years later when he's revamped his rig, he'll be shouting how nothing else touches his new rig.

That reminds me of alot of people on HCAF and other forums as well, except instead of 10 years later it's 10 days later..... :D

• Members

I don't know about "Cheesedick music" but I have to agree on his interviews. They pretty much suck mostly. Lately it has all worn thin because he keeps coming out with gear and not new music. One begats interest in the other. I guess this is what happens when you get old and out of ideas. I think most players appreciate him for what he is and understand that the window has closed on his contributions to popular music.

Personally, I would love to hear him record something great again, but it is n't in him I don't think......

• Members
I'm glad to see that young people are finally starting to get a clue

about how things really are. Guitar magazine have been nothing but

{censored} for who knows how long. Just look at the ads, and 90% of

the content inside. It's geared for nOoBs.

Guitar Player is the same way. 2 page Mesa Lonestar advertisement followed by a raving review of the Mesa Lonestar.:eek: No WAY!

Guitar player is geared towards the non-n00b crowd, but is just as bad.:cry:

• Members

I'm glad to see that young people are finally starting to get a clue

about how things really are. Guitar magazine have been nothing but

{censored} for who knows how long. Just look at the ads, and 90% of

the content inside. It's geared for nOoBs.

I find it hilarious when the editor in chief of GW says "this issue is packed with over 200 pages of guitar info!" and there's actually maybe 90 pages with actual text on it, the rest is ads.

• Members
When you pay any guitar magazine 20K a month in advertising

you can bet you'll be 100% safe in the review department.

I spent a lot of money in guitar mags, and learned

rather quickly what a joke all of them are.

When I see some emo wanker on the front cover

and a title like "he gives you his tone secrets", I think

I'm the one ready for some razor-blades.

What's an interested musician to read?:eek::confused:

• Members

Saw an EVH vid the other day on youtube that I randomly ran across..and decided to watch (as I used to listen to my share of VH back in the day) When the friggin vid turned into a dam Infomercial with Eddie shamelessly trying to convince people to buy the new 25k frankensh_t guitar ..sad imo.

Archived