Xbox 360 owners: Microsoft extending warranty for all 360's to 3 years

blargh

• Members

Oh totally...but if you remember right, it took the xbox a year to get a good game (gears of war) so the PS3 isn't behind, its just still young...sony claims to have 200 packaged games by march, even if 10% of those are good, thats still 20 good games by march...

I think the ps3 will definitely come around:thu:

COD2, Oblivion, PGR3, Condemned...those were launch games or within the launch window..so I wouldn't say that GOW was the first 'good' game for the 360

• Members

Watch the MGS4 tech demo and trailers. That's what we will be getting soon. How can you base your opinion on Sonic!?!??!

Oh and it's not like the HALO flagship ever had good graphics either. They both will have their good and bad. Too bad I don't have money for both :(

• Members

Apparently the PS3 price cut rumor is untrue :(

It's a nice console but they definitely overhyped it... the hardware is marginally more powerful than the 360 at best, which is kind of disappointing considering the price and how long they had to make it.
I'm not a MGS fan at all, but Heavenly Sword looks like it'll be a blast.

• Members
Watch the MGS4 tech demo and trailers. That's what we will be getting soon. How can you base your opinion on Sonic!?!??!

Oh and it's not like the HALO flagship ever had good graphics either. They both will have their good and bad. Too bad I don't have money for both
:(

halo was more than pretty for its time

• Members
COD2, Oblivion, PGR3, Condemned...those were launch games or within the launch window..so I wouldn't say that GOW was the first 'good' game for the 360

well in that respect, COD3 (not 2), Oblivion, MotorStorm, Resistance were all within the launch window as well...so people that say the PS3 has no good games are sorely mistaken...:thu:

• Members

halo was more than pretty for its time

Not really. Considering it's one of the biggest games out there, there were plenty of other games that looked better. I also think it's a WAY overrated game in general. So many FPS out there and it's a little kiddy/cheesy version of much better games.

• Members
Apparently the PS3 price cut rumor is untrue
:(

You mean the 499 in the ad (Circut City if I remember)??? Isn't that false advertisement and they have to sell at that cost if it's advertised???

Edit: Forgot to say when someone already mentioned it but...Condemed rules. I'm pumped for the second one. Last one I spent 10-14 hours strait playing through it with a friend in a windowless basement on a 50 something inch TV, with surround sound. SO scary.

• Members

You mean the 499 in the ad (Circut City if I remember)??? Isn't that false advertisement and they have to sell at that cost if it's advertised???

Edit: Forgot to say when someone already mentioned it but...Condemed rules. I'm pumped for the second one. Last one I spent 10-14 hours strait playing through it with a friend in a windowless basement on a 50 something inch TV, with surround sound. SO scary.

Sony denied the price cut, so apparently it's just a Circuit City thing, and I have a feeling those things will sell out before I could get my hands on one.

• Members

Not really. Considering it's one of the biggest games out there, there were plenty of other games that looked better. I also think it's a WAY overrated game in general. So many FPS out there and it's a little kiddy/cheesy version of much better games.

while the second half of your reply is your opinion, and I respect that, the day halo came out on the originaly xbox that {censored} was amazing. That was what sold me on xbox. halo1 doesn't stand up to the test of time that well, but initially it was amazing. amazing.

• Members
well in that respect, COD3 (not 2), Oblivion, MotorStorm, Resistance were all within the launch window as well...so people that say the PS3 has no good games are sorely mistaken...
:thu:

yeah, but not much else other than the new ninja gaiden game has come out...not to mention that you coulda been playing COD3 and oblivion on the 360 for the past year and a half =) not to mention that developers had longer lead times to develop for the PS3...

motorstorm was pretty cool when I played the kiosk demo..although it ran choppy as {censored}....resistance wasn't bad, but wasn't anything killer either

• Members

name another console (NOT PC, considering that PC hardware was much more advanced than console at the time that came out) FPS that looked better...and besides..who cares? a fun game's a fun game....

halo had cool gameplay elements as well as a kickin' story and cool setting...

this is kinda what kills me....whenever one of these sony vs xbox arguments come up

for years, as an xbox owner, all i heard was 'yeah, xbox has better graphics, but PS2 has more/better games'...and now that the PS3's out, it's always about how pretty a game is or how much 'prettier' it is than the 360 version (or so they think)...

say what ya want about halo..but kiddie doesn't describe it...and that's not even my favorite game, but it was one of the most fun times I had playing a game like that....

• Members

yep, really atmospheric and creepy..not the best looking game ever, but far from the ugliest with VERY cool artistic design...that burnt out department store with the mannequins was especially spooky...

the second one looks killer..

bioshock looks awesome as well

• Members

Are the 360 and ps3 similar technology wise? Call of duty2 on 360 is meant to be sick graphics and that but it looks poor next to my computer that i built last january (which was pretty budget)

So it makes me think - if 360 and ps3 are similar and 360 is surrounded in a lot of hype for how good it is then how can sony make claims of 'it can make filmz!!!lol11' ?

I'm not hating on anything really as I don't have that much experience but surely if they're that good you should be able to notice it straight away?

• Members

The Xbox division at Microsoft has lost over 5 billion dollars for the company with no hope of erasing those loses in the near future.

Just a few weeks ago the same Microsoft exec was denying that they had any hardware issues with the Xbox 360, sounds like typical Microsoft BS to me.

Max

• Members

Me and my kid each have a 360 from when they first came out and both are broke with the red light of death, and my cousin had one that broke also. Microsoft was giving me {censored} about not wanting to fix it for free a couple months ago and I got pissed when they wanted 150 each to fix them or something close to that price.
So I just started playing ps3 instead. I'm glad they are fixing them free now, I'm gonna have to call them up and get them both fixed.

• Members

Are the 360 and ps3 similar technology wise? Call of duty2 on 360 is meant to be sick graphics and that but it looks poor next to my computer that i built last january (which was pretty budget)

So it makes me think - if 360 and ps3 are similar and 360 is surrounded in a lot of hype for how good it is then how can sony make claims of 'it can make filmz!!!lol11' ?

I'm not hating on anything really as I don't have that much experience but surely if they're that good you should be able to notice it straight away?

Know one really knows but the people develpoing the games. Unlike when the Xbox came out and had a bigger motor under its hood than the PS2.

Oh and my point about Halo's graphics weren't just about FPS graphics. I don't know where you got that from. I was just pointing out that a popular game can have decent graphics, so they don't matter THAT much.

And much better FPS I was reffering to was mostly PC. Console shooters almost always feel awkward.

Archived