Xbox 360 owners: Microsoft extending warranty for all 360's to 3 years

blargh

• Members

For the 3 red lights, anyway.

They're also refunding past out-of-warranty repairs.

It's good news that Microsoft has finally kind of acknowledged the 360 is a piece of {censored} reliability-wise.

I know someone here had his out-of-warranty xbox 360 break recently, so this is very good news for them.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/petermooreletter.htm

• Members

+1 Microsoft

I've had two 360s. The first was a lemon straight out of the box. Took it back to a very apologetic EB Games and got a new one, no problems since then!

oh, and, 360 > PS3

• Members

oh, and, 360 > PS3

HAHA!!! Posting this in a thread about how 360's need extended warranties cause they break too much. This news comes around the same time PS3 price drop does too.

Anyway I'm getting a PS3 now because I want blu ray since it's better than HD DVD and cause MGS4. Really the only reason to say one is better is mostly just depending on what exclusives you like, which is opinion. I guess there is the whole DVD part though, that ain't opinion, that's fact the PS3 wins.

• Members
super NES for the win. 15 years later and its still goin strong.

m/

my nes is still working with a blow or 2 into it. i guess when i bought my xbox 360 on release day i was very lucky. i havent had a bit of trouble with it yet. :rolleyes:

• Members

peice of {censored}, quality wise? had mine since launch day with no problems whatsoever..

you'd be part of the 2 out of 3 people who didn't have problems.... journalists spoke to retailers, and it was revealed that between 33% and 35% of them had been returned because of an inssue involving the red light of death thing... or 1 in every 3 consoles.... which is A LOT. it's the most unreliable videogame system that has ever been released, and that's why microsoft is doing something so drastic with this... there's been somewhat of an uproar from people getting pissed about how microsoft was dealing with the situation, so they're doing this now right before the PS3 price cut, and right before Halo 3 comes... it's just another way for them to sell more consoles. they're taking a big loss for refunding people, but I'm sure they made some calculations before they were willing to go through with that. heh

• Members
COD4 is going to be awesome.

agreed

and when the ps3 gets a price cut later this year, the line between the two systems will be very thin. They will both be equal in my opinion...The ps3 will be the better buy however i think...it comes with wi-fi, blu-ray (hd-dvd is an add-on for xbox), and a more "media" based approach...
But both systems when it comes to gaming kick ass :)

• Members
agreed

and when the ps3 gets a price cut later this year, the line between the two systems will be very thin. They will both be equal in my opinion...The ps3 will be the better buy however i think...it comes with wi-fi, blu-ray (hd-dvd is an add-on for xbox), and a more "media" based approach...

But both systems when it comes to gaming kick ass
:)

Other than price, the problem with the PS3 right now is a lack of good games. They will come eventually though.

• Members

Quality is expensive and they are in the business to make money. This is obvious in their software, now we see it in their hardware ( I just gave up on my MS wireless keyboard).

Coincidentally, my task today is to go over my software code with a special tools that is VERY picky and make me code in a strict and safe way. I can change my code, but the MS parts I rely on fail miserably with the checker, and I have to tell the tool to not even bother checking the MS stuff.

• Members

Other than price, the problem with the PS3 right now is a lack of good games. They will come eventually though.

Oh totally...but if you remember right, it took the xbox a year to get a good game (gears of war) so the PS3 isn't behind, its just still young...sony claims to have 200 packaged games by march, even if 10% of those are good, thats still 20 good games by march...

I think the ps3 will definitely come around:thu:

• Members

What's with all the hype on ps3 - it's sposed to have gfx chips that are capable of making movies and stuff.

Played ps3 with sonic utterly unimpressed. I know it's an early game blah blah but why are there {censored}ty jaggedy lines everywhere and why is there *any* slowdown at all if it's not pushing it and it's sposed to be amazing.

• Members

What's with all the hype on ps3 - it's sposed to have gfx chips that are capable of making movies and stuff.

Played ps3 with sonic utterly unimpressed. I know it's an early game blah blah but why are there {censored}ty jaggedy lines everywhere and why is there *any* slowdown at all if it's not pushing it and it's sposed to be amazing.

early code?? I assure you it will get better...Brand new technology takes lots of R&D to take advantage of all the nuances of the technology...

Plus Sonic is a gay game:p Play resistance or something that is actually a good game:)

Archived