THE BASSMEN - fender bassman players

echodeluxe

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I said "different" not better or worse. Go to the LP forum for that.

Bassman Tens are one of the worst Fenders ever built IMO. They don't sound good at all for bass, and less than stellar for guitar. Do they get the job done? Of course.

- WOT

Alas, they are the poor man's "super-reverb", LOL! :p

• Members

I hopefully will be joining the ranks of the Bassmen soon:D. I'm planning on picking one up in mid July if I don't sell my Peavey Classic 100 by then.

I've had Bassman GAS bad for a while. Mike Ness makes it hard, lol. I don't think I've heard a Bassman in person that I didn't love the way it sounded. I remember hearing/playing a Bassman TU_BE had a few years ago and damn that thing sounded killer:love:.

I think one will sound great with my Mojo 4x12 loaded with Greenbacks and boosting it with my BBE Green Screamer:cool:.

• Members

I hopefully will be joining the ranks of the Bassmen soon:D. I'm planning on picking one up in mid July if I don't sell my Peavey Classic 100 by then.

I've had Bassman GAS bad for a while. Mike Ness makes it hard, lol. I don't think I've heard a Bassman in person that I didn't love the way it sounded. I remember hearing/playing a Bassman TU_BE had a few years ago and damn that thing sounded killer:love:.

I think one will sound great with my Mojo 4x12 loaded with Greenbacks and boosting it with my BBE Green Screamer:cool:.

Count me in too. I'm about to pull the trigger on an Allen modded Bassman head. I guess I'll have to buy a Weber Z Matcher to get around the fact that the head is 4 ohms, but that's no big deal.

• Members

Here's mine, just your basic '59 RI, all stock, pre-LTD RI. Nothing particularly outstanding compared to some of the sweet vintage stuff some of you have, but it's a great workhorse amp.

59bassmanri.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived