Let's hear it!!!! Post your music here...

Dave Bryce

• Members

Ah, I remember that one - "The Best Korg Z1 on the Internet" it said in the auction title right?biggrin.gif Lol, you outbid me on thatbiggrin.gif

Have fun with it, Im hoping its everything I think it is. Ive been after one of these for years.

Awake77

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey LoopStar!

I love it!! Total Dr.Who sci-fi vibe going on there and it totally works over the breakbeat. Nice filtering and sound design, and great melodic hook.

I can tell there is some low-frequency stuff going on in it, but its tough to hear through the headphones Ive got on right now.

What hardware/software did you use to create it?

Awake77

• Members

Sounds pretty cool! Some things I noticed:

-Track seems over-saturated with reverb, lacks punch and definition

-Percussion remains static throughout, spicing it up a little bit or diverting from the cliche 'Boom tsstssBoom' old-school trance groove might spice it up a bit

-The sound programming lends a very 'old school', 90's style trance sound to it. Works well if that's what you're going for, but might sound a little dated to some.

Just my opinions! And you know what they say about those!biggrin.gif

Awake77

• Members

Originally posted by Awake77

Hey LoopStar!

I love it!! Total Dr.Who sci-fi vibe going on there and it totally works over the breakbeat. Nice filtering and sound design, and great melodic hook.

I can tell there is some low-frequency stuff going on in it, but its tough to hear through the headphones Ive got on right now.

What hardware/software did you use to create it?

Awake77

Cool you like it! I did everything inside reason 2.5. The low-frequency-stuff seems to have suffered a little due to the mp3-encoding. But as far as I can tell by the reviews I got so for, it also depends _a lot_ on the speakers and phones you're using.

• Members

That was about my song I guess. Thanks for reply. You are totally right and I have now updated a little this song.

Here is my latest song in romantic jazz style.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/song...songID=3820465

--RPdigital

Originally posted by Awake77

Sounds pretty cool! Some things I noticed:

-Track seems over-saturated with reverb, lacks punch and definition

-Percussion remains static throughout, spicing it up a little bit or diverting from the cliche 'Boom tsstssBoom' old-school trance groove might spice it up a bit

-The sound programming lends a very 'old school', 90's style trance sound to it. Works well if that's what you're going for, but might sound a little dated to some.

Just my opinions! And you know what they say about those!biggrin.gif

Awake77

• Members

Sugar & Sunshine

Early 70s soft pop style. String pad is Yamaha YS200 (TX81z) on Widestrings patch, together with a Yamaha TX802 with a downloaded Prophet2 patch. The string dynamics fell off heavily when I did the WMA conversion, so I'll likely re-EQ it and try to compensate. Bass is a Yamaha MU90, and drums are just loops from various sources.

• Members

glad to see your keeping your interest in music, Jamille.

Kind of funny that as Im posting this, im chating with you on iChat. I miss the old days when we would run havok over KSS.

Hmmmnn.

Maybe one day I'll have some music finished and posted online.

• Members

Originally posted by soup

Hey!

I just put up a (crappy) site where I can host the song ideas I've been working on.

I have 3 fairly short clips up. If you have a second, check them out!

The link is in my sig.

I listened to them. What do you use for sound sources? I think they all have potential.

Archived