Let's hear it!!!! Post your music here...

Dave Bryce

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This isn't my band, but after seeing them live Friday night, I wouldn't be surprised if you all started hearing more from them soon. They're called HORSE the Band. Sounds dumb, but trust me, they're one of the most innovative bands to come along in years. I swear you won't believe it until you hear it. Listen to "Cutsman" on their myspace and tell me that {censored} doesn't melt your face off.

Oh, and their keyboardist uses and MS2000 for those curious.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendID=4085991

• Members

This isn't my band, but after seeing them live Friday night, I wouldn't be surprised if you all started hearing more from them soon. They're called HORSE the Band. Sounds dumb, but trust me, they're one of the most innovative bands to come along in years. I swear you won't believe it until you hear it. Listen to "Cutsman" on their myspace and tell me that {censored} doesn't melt your face off.

I thought it was OK, but it didnt melt my face offsmile.gif Sounds like local emo band-quality emo with keys. I envision many hardcore dancers in the crowd, flailing wildly whilst they try to defend themselves from invisible ninjas.biggrin.gif

• Members

A song about my wife.

Sizzle,

I think your music is great, but I can't get used to the vocals. Production, sound design, arrangement are all stellar however. Is that you singing? Have you thought about getting a professional singer on the tracks? I totally dont mean to offend...the music itself is top notch but the vocals seem to detract from the beauty of the amazing patches and songs youre creating.

I cant sing for {censored}, so take the above for what its worthsmile.gif

awake77

• Members

Originally posted by Awake77

Sizzle,

I think your music is great, but I can't get used to the vocals. Production, sound design, arrangement are all stellar however. Is that you singing? Have you thought about getting a professional singer on the tracks? I totally dont mean to offend...the music itself is top notch but the vocals seem to detract from the beauty of the amazing patches and songs youre creating.

I cant sing for {censored}, so take the above for what its worthsmile.gif

awake77

That's cool, man, I appreciate the comments. I, for one, don't care for my vocals - but I have received some encouragement lately so I'm working at them a little. But, totally, I would LOVE to have a skilled vocalist come in a sing a little over my stuff. A friend who is a vocalist just moved back into my area so I may have him come by in the future. However, it is mighty convenient to not have to wait for someone else to do it, and to me not having the vocal line there makes it sound incomplete, you know? Your input is duly noted and appreciated!

• Members

However, it is mighty convenient to not have to wait for someone else to do it, and to me not having the vocal line there makes it sound incomplete, you know? Your input is duly noted and appreciated!

smile.gif I totally know what you mean - I lay down scratch vocals on my tracks sometimes but dont have the confidence in my singing to show them anyone. Its a good thing I write a lot of club/dance oriented musicsmile.gif

Some of the phrasing sounds real David-bowie-ish I think, and actually sounds quite good! Proof positive that perhaps with some vocal training you could really make your vocals shine. I think that's what doesnt quite do it for me with the vox on the tunes...more of a phrasing thing than tone, because the pitch and timbre of your voice are ok. Its great that you're going for it though, because it will only get better the more you work at it!

Also - I cant help it but comment again on how great the music itself sounds! Really dynamic with lots of movement and killer sounds...what kind of equipment are you using?

• Members

Originally posted by sizzlemeister

A song about my wife.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=3721388&q=hi

Tell me what you think.

sizzlemeister,

my thoughts:

first off, big ups on making a song about your wife and posting it for everyone to hear....pretty cool. that being said, IMHO the vocals are really pulling the pace of the song off. It sounds like you have some good dynamics going on with the synths and stuff but the vocals take up so much space that it's all kind of lost in the background...

i'm no mastering expert but maybe some time spent with a spectrum analyser and your eqs would bring everything together...

my other suggestion would be to put some more drive into your bassline and rhythm track. maybe a little more oompfh would make you vocals sit a little tighter by giving them something to phrase off of. i know its not supposed to be a banger but i am thinking of depeche mode's "sweetest perfection" and how the the vocals and the bassline play off each other to make that song groove even though its a pretty chilled out tempo....

anyways, my 2cents. thanks for sharing.

• Members

You can have an idea of my stuff clicking the link in my signature. It's 2 years of hard work, all the synth sounds come from specifically designed patches of the mighty flexorized Creamware Modular...the mp3's on site don't really make justice to the sound, but the music is music....

• Members

You can have an idea of my stuff clicking the link in my signature. It's 2 years of hard work, all the synth sounds come from specifically designed patches of the mighty flexorized Creamware Modular...the mp3's on site don't really make justice to the sound, but the music is music....

VERY cool alfonso!! You're right, the Mp3's definitely do not do these tracks justice! This must sound huge through a proper system.

All the synth sounds were done on the Creamware modular? What version of the card do you have? Do you own any other synths? What do you use for a controller?

Awake77

• Members

Cool...nice, deep string patch. The shakuhachi sound is very cool, but sounds like it could be a little further back in the mix, perhaps with just a bit of reverb or delay just to take the edge of its 'rompler-ness' (not that that's a bad thing).

The composition itself is great!! What movie is it going to be in?

• Members

Cool...nice, deep string patch. The shakuhachi sound is very cool, but sounds like it could be a little further back in the mix, perhaps with just a bit of reverb or delay just to take the edge of its 'rompler-ness' (not that that's a bad thing).

The composition itself is great!! What movie is it going to be in?

It's called The Mandalorian. He's done with the script and shopping it around. I haven't read much of the script, but he knows right where he's going to use that track. I didn't have much time to really work on the mix. I'm going to redo everything in my Trinity and will post it up when I complete it. Glad you like the composition.

• Members

Do you think you might try doing the shakuhachi patch on your Z1? That might sound pretty neat...biggrin.gif

Haha, funny you ask... my sig is deceiving!! The Z1 should be on my doorstep in a few days. I just won one off of eBay. I would entertain that idea no doubt! It would definitely get a physical modeling workout! (Oh that was interesting that you picked the name of that sound out. I was scrolling the sounds for anything that looked Asian and picked that sound out as well as something called a Kotu I believe. You here that in the dark minor section in the middle of the track.)

• Members

Haha, funny you ask... my sig is deceiving!! The Z1 should be on my doorstep in a few days. I just won one off of eBay. I would entertain that idea no doubt! It would definitely get a physical modeling workout! (Oh that was interesting that you picked the name of that sound out. I was scrolling the sounds for anything that looked Asian and picked that sound out as well as something called a Kotu I believe. You here that in the dark minor section in the middle of the track.)

LOL! No way! So did I!!smile.gif Which one did you get? Was it the fully expanded one with the crack in the chassis? Im sending payment for mine Monday, hopefully it will be here soon!biggrin.gif

• Members

VERY cool alfonso!! You're right, the Mp3's definitely do not do these tracks justice! This must sound huge through a proper system.

All the synth sounds were done on the Creamware modular? What version of the card do you have? Do you own any other synths? What do you use for a controller?

Awake77

Everything has been done in Scope, 90% is the Modular with Flexor, but I've also used other CWA Synths, expecially the Prodyssey, the Six String (only for breathing pads, I'm a guitarist after all...) and the (currently named) Pro12.

I have 2 Scope Pro and an old Pulsar 1.

The controller is an Oberheim Viscount MC2000. I have used a vintage Neumann U87i through an Apogee MiniMe for recording the acoustic sounds.

The mastering was made in Scope too, with a touch of GraphEQ when needed and Optimaster, nothing else.

I hope this CD goes well, there's a lot of my life in it.

Thanks for the kind words.

• Members

LOL! No way! So did I!!smile.gif Which one did you get? Was it the fully expanded one with the crack in the chassis? Im sending payment for mine Monday, hopefully it will be here soon!biggrin.gif

I won mine April 1st for 625 shipped. I delayed shipment because I was out of town, so it should be here soon. I paid a little more than I should probably have for a non-EX, but it's a mint cond. one. I can't wait to give the Trinity some family company. biggrin.gif

Archived