Let's hear it!!!! Post your music here...

Dave Bryce

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not much of a composer... but I put together this "live" drone in one take, no over dubs... just 4 synths into a mixer,
a Triton LE, XP30, DW8000, and Micron. I set the drone on sustain and just added some textures over it. The only addition thing I did was add some ambient reverb over the track. It came out to about 22 minutes.... I didn't want to bore anyone, so I just clipped the best 4 mins or so. WARNING.... this is pretty slow stuff. It's pretty repetative and predictable... but then again, I didn't have much of a plan.

Drone Xone

I really like how the DW8000 cuts through the mix with these long delayed saw brass tones.

• Members
Originally posted by wheresgrant3
Drone Xone
Wow, that is cool! I started the file inadvertently while I was watching a TV about aliens (Threshold), and I was like Wow, Mark Snow is doing TV shows again - then the commercial came on and the music was still playing! Did not realize it was your Drone until then! It fit right in with the scene!

Great stuff!

• Members

This was recorded live at the Burning Man festival, out in the Nevada desert. It's ambient music influenced by old school stuff like Tangerine Dream, Pink Floyd, and Eno, as well as newer artists like Global Communication, Irresistible Force, and Aphex Twin. There are no drum beats, just some rhythmic noises and pads. Everything was done on two Clavia Nord Modular racks running through two Kurzweil KSP-8s.

It's about an hour long.

http://submodern.com/liveburn05ccf.mp3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I havn't written my own stuff in ages. Some of it is here. The newest of those is Unseen Peril, from September 2002. The oldest of those is from 2000, I think. Mind you that Subliminal and React are two of my earliest compositions. So keep that in mind when listening. :p

Now I play keyboards in Tempus. We played 30 shows this year, and we're taking some time off to record a new album. You can download all of our currently available music here.

• Members

Here are two songs I've done with Rebirth 2. Both links are hi-quality live streams:

No reason

Still alive (2x303 short mix)

Both songs are acid-trance style. As I said, my songs are done in Rebirth 2 because it's my only tool at the moment.

The link to my account on mywonmusic.de (german), where you can also download the songs and listen to some more of my tracks.

Thanks!

LoopStar

btw: the link down below is to my old account on soundclick.com. please don't use it any longer

• Members
Originally posted by -=LoopStar=-
Here are two songs I've done with Rebirth 2. Both links are hi-quality live streams:

No reason
Good sounds. The track would fit in great at any modern club. I love the sound of Rebirth. I'm sorry that Propellerheads won't update it for OSX.

My only criticism is that I'd like to hear occasion accents on drums to give a sense in the drum track of the start of a measure. Of course, it's obvious from the synths, so it's not really necessary. I'm just an accent freak.

biggrin.gif

Good work!

thumb.gif

• Members
Originally posted by Counterpoint

Good sounds. The track would fit in great at any modern club. I love the sound of Rebirth. I'm sorry that Propellerheads won't update it for OSX.

My only criticism is that I'd like to hear occasion accents on drums to give a sense in the drum track of the start of a measure. Of course, it's obvious from the synths, so it's not really necessary. I'm just an accent freak.

biggrin.gif

Good work!

thumb.gif

Thanks a lot for your comment! smile.gif I've already tried to work with accents, but they always messed things up. So I threw them out again. I'm definately _not_ an accent freak biggrin.gif

Archived