Warehouse Speakers

Aaron SS

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's a clip of a WHGS Veteran 30, mic'd with another budget gem, the GLS Audio ES-57 dynamic mic (guess what it's apeing) from www.speakerrepair.com. The mic is really cool, smooths out some of the high peakiness of the SM-57 without losing its clarity and punch. Generally a bit flatter of a mic. Only $30 for one, $50.00 for two, $200.00 for 10! They also make an ES-58, same deal.

lgbt

The Vet30s are in an X pattern with English V30s, but that's only until I order two more Vet30s to finish the job. They're just great. One of the Vet30s is mic'd, obviously.

• Members

thats all I was told....doubt he would have told me the increase...David from wharehouse confirmed

whatever, I would stock up now!

Im fairly certain that 90% of his business came from the fact that the speakers were cheap, hell i bought a pair of the of the v30 and cl80 clones a day before his price jumped to $49. Honestly they are fantastic speakers at $20, good speakers at $49 and not worth it at $79(im assuming the price is gonna be what the Reaper is now).

Ive had the v30 clones for awhile now and honestly i prefer real v30s. When i originally loaded them in i noticed like all new speakers they were tight and sorta shrill but i assumed they would break in. Now about a 50 hours later which more than half the time they had a RedBear chugging thru them at small-mammal-stunning volume and they only loosened up a bit and still are shrill. Ive never played thru real cl80s but the clones are decent. I ended up taking out the v30 clones and putting in Swamp Thangs that sound many many times better and they cost $85 new. If the WGS do indeed go up to $79 there really isnt much difference between the 2 besides the fact that they Swamp Thang sounds much much better.

I really think that David is overvaluing his speakers, WGS isnt Celestion, they're not Eminence, they're not even in Webers, or Jensons league. They are "good deal" speakers, but not something id spend over $50 for.Just my humble opinion.

• Members

If they get closer to Celestion's pricetag I'm going to expect them to upgrade the quality of their suspensions to be closer to that of Celestions. They're still well-made, not going to bend over time or with use, but I'm not willing to pay $25 more at a whim if I'm not getting tangible returns. But that's something I'd take up with the merchant, really, since it seems like due to the size of his operation it wouldn't be too hard to get a dialogue going on the topic.

If they start costing as much as Emminence I'll buy Emminence, because they've got better suspensions and comparable sound quality.

• Members

But that's something I'd take up with the merchant, really, since it seems like due to the size of his operation it wouldn't be too hard to get a dialogue going on the topic.

If they start costing as much as Emminence I'll buy Emminence, because they've got better suspensions and comparable sound quality.

I emailed him awhile back asking questions and never got a response. This is a far cry from when one of the cl80 clones i bought had a wire fall off and was getting instantaneous email responses, which is also a far cry from about 6 months ago emailing him and getting a response in an hour or 2. I even emailed them again and still didnt get a response.

Also i think the Swamp Thangs and the Legends i got in my Drive cab are better sounding than the WGS v30s, so ill probably just stick to emi anyway.

• Members

Well by listening to some soundclips weber speakers can go in the same league as the celestion made in china speakers but are much more cheaper. But not the guy that is behind them is increasing the prices and thats when they lose their great deal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Members

So is there going to be a FURTHER price increase in 2009? I must have missed the boat when they were $21 and $45 as they are currently $65 + whatever ungodly amount he is charging for shipping these things. Are these going up to some name brand prices in January or is he finally satified with his profit margins? I can see if he is upgrading components for the price, but come on if these go up to say $79 in January, that is 3 price hikes and a quadruple in price in just 1 1/2 years?!?!

• Members

So is there going to be a FURTHER price increase in 2009? I must have missed the boat when they were $21 and $45 as they are currently $65 + whatever ungodly amount he is charging for shipping these things. Are these going up to some name brand prices in January or is he finally satified with his profit margins? I can see if he is upgrading components for the price, but come on if these go up to say $79 in January, that is 3 price hikes and a quadruple in price in just 1 1/2 years?!?!

He told us from day one that they would eventually go up to normal speaker prices.

From

Day

One

• Members

Wait until you see the updated Celestion price increases...

• Members

Im fairly certain that 90% of his business came from the fact that the speakers were cheap, hell i bought a pair of the of the v30 and cl80 clones a day before his price jumped to $49. Honestly they are fantastic speakers at $20, good speakers at $49 and not worth it at $79(im assuming the price is gonna be what the Reaper is now).

Ive had the v30 clones for awhile now and honestly i prefer real v30s. When i originally loaded them in i noticed like all new speakers they were tight and sorta shrill but i assumed they would break in. Now about a 50 hours later which more than half the time they had a RedBear chugging thru them at small-mammal-stunning volume and they only loosened up a bit and still are shrill. Ive never played thru real cl80s but the clones are decent. I ended up taking out the v30 clones and putting in Swamp Thangs that sound many many times better and they cost $85 new. If the WGS do indeed go up to $79 there really isnt much difference between the 2 besides the fact that they Swamp Thang sounds much much better.

I really think that David is overvaluing his speakers, WGS isnt Celestion, they're not Eminence, they're not even in Webers, or Jensons league. They are "good deal" speakers, but not something id spend over $50 for.Just my humble opinion.

I could not disagree more. I swapped out Celestions and Eminence for Warehouse speakers and I am delighted with the results. IMO Eminences range are HUGLEY overated. I like celestions but still pick the warehouse speakers over them any day.

And I backed this up because I actually buy $80 speakers from Warehouse. Even though I was in like Flyn when they were $20 too. So I am a classic case of repeat buyer after the big firesale.

• Members

Check the "friend" site for the most recent price jump, and Dave at Avatar told me another large Celestion price increase is going into effect this January...

WOW:eek:

I didn't even know they were up that high as it is.

How high does everyone think they'll go next year?

I'm about to start buying up all these cabs I see locally just to speaker flip.

• Members

WOW:eek:

I didn't even know they were up that high as it is.

How high does everyone think they'll go next year?

I'm about to start buying up all these cabs I see locally just to speaker flip.

Lol I do that. For instance I bought a 5150 cab for next to nothing, dumped the speakers for $100 on ebay and filled it with vet 30's.

The difference was night and day.

I dumped the (awful) Eminence speakers from my Splawn cab and filled it with Reapers. Now it is like a lazer beam of molten tightness compared to the piky midzzors in the stiff ass'd Eminence speakers.

I buy local cabs just to flip the speakers and purchase the speakers I really want for specific tonezzz.

• Members

He told us from day one that they would eventually go up to normal speaker prices.

From

Day

One

And from day 1 name brand speakers weren't much different from where he is taking these. That I find a bit arrogant as these are at best the Agile or SX of the speaker world. Sure they are bang for the buck but imagine if Jurt or Jay started pricing their guitars at Fender/Gibson prices?

Archived