Warehouse Speakers

Aaron SS

• Members

Dont know if this has been mentioned yet but did anyone see warehouses speakers price increase? Its been said for a while now that they would go up in price, but the price it went up to seems a bit insane to me....

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Veteran-30-Guitar-Speaker-made-by-WGS-8-ohm_W0QQitemZ200148050646QQihZ010QQcategoryZ121165QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

:freak:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This isnt meant to be a debate, ive already said that they are worth the price even now. Im just saying that i wasnt expecting that big of price jump/wondering if others are thinking the same thing.

You should've been expecting this kind of increase, honestly, because he's been warning of an increase for quite some time...since day 1. And how little of an increase could anyone expect it to be, $2 per speaker? Of course they're going to be $45. I thought they'd honestly go up to $60+ each. There flat out is nothing like this in the market for this price, this *current* price of $45, besides what he sells. And IMO it smokes speakers selling with an OEM price list of $65+.

• Members

Call me gulible but i wasnt expecting that high of an increase

I wouldn't say gullible. I'd say ignorant. :D If these sounded like some half-assed Eminence from 4 years ago, they could still sell for $45 each. But, they sound like (what I consider to be) "better versions" of Celestions.

I'll be sending business his way, for sure.

• Members

They still aren't that much if you look at other speakers they're in the market with such as celestion and eminence, I have two of their clones and they are definitely worth 45$ each, though I paid 21$ each for them.
:)

You are going to compare them to Big name brand speakers ?

lol.

Where was the proof that these were made from the same specs etc ?

I do not think they were ever posted.

• Members

You are going to compare them to Big name brand speakers ?
Why not?

lol.
:rolleyes:
Where was the proof that these were made from the same specs etc ?
Who cares to what specs they are made?

I do not think they were ever posted.

they are great speakers. why can't they be compared to big name speakers?:rolleyes:

• Members

i don't think most would say "better". Certainly there are similarities which is why its considered a clone but the only way that its better is the price. They're certainly not worse, maybe slightly different in the same way that there can be subtle differences from speaker to speaker.

They are a good quality speaker that could be sold at a higher price, though they would not be competitive if they did.

Archived