Warehouse Speakers

Aaron SS

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All the G-Flex owners should be prepared... I am trying the CL80 clones and V30 clones in mine over the next few days. Plan on doin some mixing and matching, etc.

I'll be back with a report.

As a stock Gflex owner, I eagerly await your report!!!

• 6 months later...
  • Members

quick update:

at appartment levels, it sounds great. much better than the blue marvel. smoother, much less harsh high end, a bit more bass, and it responds well to the EQ, which is nice!

quick tests with: american std. strat, usa wolfgang special, parker nitefly m. so far i think it likes the parker the best! very interesting. this was only the 1st half hour or so, but they all sounded much more full and less harsh through this speaker.

i like it.

big surprise was the clean channel. muuuuch more lush. exactly what i was hoping for.

so far i'm really pleased. i need to experiment a lot more, obviously, and i'll get some clips (before and after) up in the next few days.

cheers.

• Members

quick update:

at appartment levels, it sounds great. much better than the blue marvel. smoother, much less harsh high end, a bit more bass, and it responds well to the EQ, which is nice!

quick tests with: american std. strat, usa wolfgang special, parker nitefly m. so far i think it likes the parker the best! very interesting. this was only the 1st half hour or so, but they all sounded much more full and less harsh through this speaker.

i like it.

big surprise was the clean channel. muuuuch more lush. exactly what i was hoping for.

so far i'm really pleased. i need to experiment a lot more, obviously, and i'll get some clips (before and after) up in the next few days.

cheers.

Are yours heavily doped around the edges? The reason i ask is my v30 clones are heavily doped and i think this has a lot to do with why they sound warmer, not sure though. I mean, if you took a regular greenback or V30 and heavily doped the edges, wouldnt it sound like a WGS Green Beret or V30 and vice/versa? If they are made of supposedly the same materials, the only dif i see is the doping.

• Members

i don't have any celestions to compare it with, but yes it is doped pretty good.

i obviously haven't even started to break them in, but out of the box i like the response. i wish i could crank the thing...haha but i like where i live.

i used to have an avatar w/g12h30 and a v30, and while i liked the general tone, there was a real piercing high frequency that i couldn't tolerate, that i believe was attributed to the V30. the highs on this speaker are very nice. articulate, but warm.

• Members

i listened to some samples on their site. i didnt like them so much. the sound is ok kinda like the celestions. I'm after more "vintage" soulful tone that scumback offers but they are kinda pricey.

Do they sound harsh a little bit because of the mic recording.. really want to try those warehouse speakers cause they arent that expensive. Might go for the greenback clone called green beret but i need to hear some soundclips hehe

• Members

No, but they're really good. I think one of mine has failed though, but it might be my soldering too. My cabinet reads around 12 ohms as opposed to the 16 it used to read.

It's supposed to read around 12 ohms if it's a 16 ohm cab. That's actually normal. You're measuring resistance but trying to determine the cab's nominal impedance; the two are not equal. I doubt your cab ever measured 16 ohms in resistance.

• Members

It's supposed to read around 12 ohms if it's a 16 ohm cab. That's actually normal. You're measuring resistance but trying to determine the cab's nominal impedance; the two are not equal. I doubt your cab ever measured 16 ohms in resistance.

I know it usually reads a little low (i.e. a 4 ohm speaker might read 3), but it did seem very low.. maybe not though. Can't find my multimeter now to verify. Sounds really good though, i have the V30 clones, actually like them better than the originals (not so harsh).

• Members

I know it usually reads a little low (i.e. a 4 ohm speaker might read 3), but it did seem very low..

Usually:

A 16 ohm speaker (or cab) will read between 12 and 13 ohms resistance.

An 8 ohm speaker (or cab) will read about about 6.5 ohms resistance.

A 4 ohm speaker (or cab) will read between 2.7 to 3 ohms resistance.

You can trust me. :)

• Members

Usually:

You can trust me.
:)

I dunno....I heard that you snuck in some tone with your br0otalz. I want pure br0otalz, not br0otalz cut with good tone. :mad:

• Members

Usually:

You can trust me.
:)

Yes, thanks.. good to know it's okay.

Archived