Worst amp tone you've ever heard

notcool

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Randy's timing is sloppy, ESPECIALLY live... Even on record though, but whatver, maybe its intentional..

I dont consider him the WORST tone... I think BUSH does. hehe BUt Randy was mentioned and on the albums he did the tone wasnt all that.. I like Rhoads, but I really dont consider him even in the same league as say EVH.. And I know no one is comparing them, but I used Eddie as reference...

You are right I never saw Randy live. BUt Im 30 years old (not quite the youngin) and have seen numerous videos of him and wasnt at all blown away by it..

Randy had the best live tone of anyone I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of people live. All the videos & the tribute album don't even come close to his true live sound. There are some bootlegs out there that come close.

But of all things I've never, ever heard Randy described as sloppy :eek:

At 30 your a youngin' to me :D

Wanna talk bad tone I got 2 words for ya

Kerry King

Nuff said

• Members

Wanna talk bad tone I got 2 words for ya

Kerry King

Nuff said

Cant say Im a huge Slayer "tone" fan.. BUt Reign in Blood still is GOD!!!!

Anyway, Slayer use JCM800's.. And prolly a pedal or 2 and those damn tone sucking EMG's...

BUT probably Not too much different than Rhoads was using ,no?

• Members

Cant say Im a huge Slayer "tone" fan.. BUt Reign in Blood still is GOD!!!!

Anyway, Slayer use JCM800's.. And prolly a pedal or 2 and those damn tone sucking EMG's...

BUT probably Not too much different than Rhoads was using ,no?

Randy used a Plexi, passive pickups, and a MXR Dist +. Quite a different set up and sound from Mr King.

• Members

Big bands? In Flames' Lunar Strain disc ...original and remastered, ORrrrr Deftones Adrenaline...dear lord...the horror...the horror

Live? Some indie band using a GB Eldiablo and a 3ch Triple Rec....Both had the bass dimed :freak: to this day I'm not sure how i survived that night.

• Members

I actually liked Dime's tone on his albums, definitely worked for his playing and the music IMO. I'll probably still be listening to Vulgar Display when I need a walker.

I will say though, I saw Pantera open for Skid Row, and fought my way to the front of the stage. Big mistake, I think I suffered permanent hearing damage from that show, I'm still digging the icepicks out. :freak:

• Members
Big bands? In Flames' Lunar Strain disc ...original and remastered, ORrrrr Deftones Adrenaline...dear lord...the horror...the horror

Live? Some indie band using a GB Eldiablo and a 3ch Triple Rec....Both had the bass dimed
:freak:
to this day I'm not sure how i survived that night.

I really dig the Deftone's earlier sounds. They're very fizzy and vomity sounding, but they mesh well with their style at the time.

Archived