I have no idea what to do with my life.

JBecker

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
false.

wherever I go, there I am. the self-destruction and self-hatred follow me to all corners of the globe.

running away is not the answer. I've done it 3 times. I became more depressed and confused.

:cry:

the opposite happened to me ...i just wanted to keep {censored}ing and partying :thu:

learn to embrase your selfhatred:cool:

• Members
true

:idea:

False. If it were true that being passionate about something was enough, then most small businesses wouldn't fail in the first year, and those that survive the first year wouldn't die within the first five. Being passionate about something is a great start, but being smart about turning that into a profitable business or even skill that someone else will hire you for is another thing entirely.

• Moderators

False. If it were true that being passionate about something was enough, then most small businesses wouldn't fail in the first year, and those that survive the first year wouldn't die within the first five. Being passionate about something is a great start, but being smart about turning that into a profitable business or even skill that someone else will hire you for is another thing entirely.

I have to agree with ya, unfortunately.

• Members

I went to a great school in my area and got an BA. I got out of school and thought to myself "I really don't want to sit in an office, so why the hell did I bother with the last 4 years." Then I figured I would be a cop, what the hell sounded decent, nearly got hired, but they didn't want to hire at 21. Ok, now what? I've got a succesful residential/commercial construction company and I absorb rental properties when I am able to pay cash. I'm happy right now and I'm actually taking the rest of the week off. Who knows, may do something else in a few years.:thu:

Decisions that started before or in college don't generally work out by the time you finish.

• Members
I went to a great school in my area and got an MBA. I got out of school and thought to myself "I really don't want to sit in an office, so why the hell did I bother with the last 4 years." Then I figured I would be a cop, what the hell sounded decent, nearly got hired, but they didn't want to hire at 21. Ok, now what? I've got a succesful residential/commercial construction company and I absorb rental properties when I am able to pay cash. I'm happy right now and I'm actually taking the rest of the week off. Who know, may do something else in a few years.
:thu:

Decisions that started before or in college don't generally work out by the time you finish.

You had an MBA at 21? :eek:

I didn't even get my BA until 23, and I'll probably be 28 before I get my MBA. :cry:

• Members

I hate to get God on you, but life is pretty meaningless without Him and living for yourself, as you already see.

God puts purpose in your life. To people without Him, they die and that is it. To those with God in our lives, we have everlasting life. Its not like life isn't a struggle once you understand Him and take Him in your life, but it makes it easier to get through.

I'll bite. While I understand what you're saying, not everyone needs God in their life to feel like they're going somewhere or doing something worth while. I'm in no way saying it's wrong for someone to need god to feel like they have guidance or worth. I know I have purpose with or without god, I have just yet to find it. And 'knowing' god wouldn't help me find it any faster (been there done that). This whole discussion goes deeper than simply having god there to guide you. I think the crux for everyone asking this question or being in the position of not knowing what to do is trying to deal with their mortality. We're afraid of living out our lives and feeling that we've accomplished nothing; thus many people seeking out god.

What I feel religion provides is something after death so that we don't fear or regret what we have or haven't done in our lives. But again, that doesn't always work with everyone. I just know that I would like to think that I've accomplished something that had meaning. I haven't met very many guys that didn't feel that they wanted to be remembered, for whatever reason. I've noticed that women tend to not have this sentiment; I don't mean all, just the ones I've discussed this with.

Does anyone get what I'm trying to say or am I just needlessly rambling and making an ass of myself?

• Members

I'll bite. While I understand what you're saying, not everyone needs God in their life to feel like they're going somewhere or doing something worth while. I'm in no way saying it's wrong for someone to need god to feel like they have guidance or worth. I know I have purpose with or without god, I have just yet to find it. And 'knowing' god wouldn't help me find it any faster (been there done that). This whole discussion goes deeper than simply having god there to guide you. I think the crux for everyone asking this question or being in the position of not knowing what to do is trying to deal with their mortality. We're afraid of living out our lives and feeling that we've accomplished nothing; thus many people seeking out god.

What I feel religion provides is something after death so that we don't fear or regret what we have or haven't done in our lives. But again, that doesn't always work with everyone. I just know that I would like to think that I've accomplished something that had meaning. I haven't met very many guys that didn't feel that they wanted to be remembered, for whatever reason. I've noticed that women tend to not have this sentiment; I don't mean all, just the ones I've discussed this with.

Does anyone get what I'm trying to say or am I just needlessly rambling and making an ass of myself?

I get what you're trying to say, but a lot of people feel like that. Some people need God, some people don't. Live with it.

• Members

Everything I've read here,for the most part,is strictly philosophical.I've lived a fairly decadent existence,traveled,had seemingly countless woman.None of it as important as a refined lifestyle with lots of stuff.
Don't let a bunch of tuition wasting, bong sinkers, convince you it's all about amassing good times,it most emphatically is not.It is the quality of life and stuff you aquire.Most people in this world don't know what they want,whereas you do,at least equipment wise,right?
You're already here at Amps for upper end gear and you surely notice the difference between junk and finery in other areas of western living as well.It's okay to want be well off,even starting out simple with stuff like a decent watch(Breitling,Rolex)and an elegant or fast car,reminding your parents to put their house in your name,before they become forgetfull.Also,don't let a bunch of renaissance faire rejects tell you you're being plastic or superficial,they don't know {censored}! The pursuit of a sophisticated life and property ownership doesn't mean you have to be an arrogant,GQ dickhead either.Somewhat vein maybe,but when was that a crime against humanity?
In closing,I feel it important to point out that you absolutely do not have to lose your "freak on" or cool,to be upper crust,just look at that dude Tony in the Tanqueray gin commercials or any rock star/celebrity of note.It's not really the money,it's personality,shopping instinct and GEAR! Oh,and just in case you're a total nerd or don't know where to begin,let me point you in the direction you've always secretly wanted to go,anyway..
http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com

• Members
Everything I've read here,for the most part,is strictly philosophical.I've lived a fairly decadent existence,traveled,had seemingly countless woman.None of as important as a refined lifestyle with lots of stuff.

Don't let a bunch of tuition wasting, bong sinkers, convince you it's all about amassing good times,it most emphatically is not.It is the quality of life and stuff you aquire.Most people in this world don't know what they want,whereas you do,at least equipment wise,right?

You're already here at Amps for upper end gear and you surely notice the difference between junk and finery in other areas of western living as well.It's okay to want be well off,even starting out simple with stuff like a decent watch(Breitling,Rolex)and an elegant or fast car,reminding your parents to put their house in your name,before they become forgetfull.Also,don't let a bunch of renaissance faire rejects tell you you're being plastic or superficial,they don't know {censored}! The pursuit of a sophisticated life and property ownership doesn't mean you have to be an arrogant,GQ dickhead.Somewhat vein maybe,but when was that a crime against humanity?

In closing,I feel it important to point out that you absolutely do not have to lose your "freak on" or cool,to be upper crust,just look at that dude Tony in the Tanquerey gin commercials or any rock star/celebrity of note.It's not really the money,it's personality,shopping instinct and GEAR! Oh,and just in case you're a total nerd or don't know where to begin,let me point you in the direction you've always secretly wanted to go,anyway..

http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com

Oh :o

Archived