DiSiAC Ripped me off!

MrSandMan

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, the amp actually looks fine to me. Nothing like the original poster ranted about.

This should be interesting. Maybe MrSandman needs the ban for slandering another member and ripping him off for the shipping costs.

Do you like to buy stuff from people who don't disclose prior issues with the gear?

You are assuming the pot shafts weren't bent?

How do you feel about receiving product with tubes and parts rolling around inside the headshell?

If you are perfectly happing sending $585 of your HARD EARN cash to someone who isn't going to:

A) properly package the product for you

B) Disclose any and all prior issues of the amp

Then you should marry him.

DiSiAC didn't post pictures of the baggie of parts or the bottom of the amp with missing chassis bolts.

The side of the amp shown is the side that the power cable could have touched,
It was shipped in a flightcase, the flightcase was in a box.

I highlighted the quote "The side of the amp shown is the side the power cable could have touched"

I think that comment is incriminating in itself. Why didn't he bubble wrap the tubes and power cord and insert them inside the back of the headshell and screw on the screen mesh? (the screen mesh that he said was included and never sent.)

• Members

Do you like to buy stuff from people who don't disclose prior issues with the gear?

You are assuming the pot shafts weren't bent?

How do you feel about receiving product with tubes and parts rolling around inside the headshell?

If you are perfectly happing sending $585 of your HARD EARN cash to someone who isn't going to:

A) properly package the product for you

B) Disclose any and all prior issues of the amp

Then you should marry him.

DiSiAC didn't post pictures of the baggie of parts or the bottom of the amp with missing chassis bolts.

Listen asswipe, I said maybe. So far he has posted pictures while you have ranted and flown off the handle. The way you described it, the amp was destroyed.

I tend to side with people that do not start posting threatening threads 2 weeks into a problematic transaction.

• Members
Hmm. Don't wanna judge from pics but I was expecting a WRECK after reading the original post.
:idk:

And this is why I filed a claim with FEDEX and took a little bit longer to ship a refund because I was dumb founded by the claims I heard and what I recieved in the mail...

Baggy of parts was a shattered tube. Chassis was a little loose but it took a quarter of a turn of a phillips head screwdriver to the rubber feet to make it solid.

• Members

ultra :snax:

That amps 'looks' to be fine in the pics other than the obvious broken tube. For conclusive evidence, we need pics of the pot shafts.

But that amp as it stands has been through two deliveries now!!

I was expecting A LOT worse judging by the initial reaction of the OP.

• Members

And this is why I filed a claim with FEDEX and took a little bit longer to ship a refund because I was dumb founded by the claims I heard and what I recieved in the mail...

Baggy of parts was a shattered tube. Chassis was a little loose but it took a quarter of a turn of a phillips head screwdriver to the rubber feet to make it solid.

^Bull{censored}! The baggie of parts included a chassis nut and some other random parts. Not to mention the amp sounded like it had BB's rolling around inside the chassis

• Members
Listen asswipe, I said maybe. So far he has posted pictures while you have ranted and flown off the handle. The way you described it, the amp was destroyed.

I tend to side with people that do not start posting threatening threads 2 weeks into a problematic transaction.

You buy it then :thu: Send him your hard earn cash... and buy it. :idea:

EDIT: By the way... it took him 2 weeks to get me a tracking number. Not when problems accured... get your facts straight.

• Members

Those tolex "gouges" while they may have been caused by an object during shipping, still represent nothing beyond normal physical wear that the amp would endure in any gigging band's hands.

Just how bad were the knobs "bent" now?

I would've just emailed the dude and been like, hey, you're a moron for not taking the tubes out and you owe me X amount for this tube that broke, and you're also an idiot for sticking an object in between the tolex and the case so it can grind, but I'll let that slide and report my experience accordingly on HC.

Chassis bolt loosening during shipping is common, this guy didn't torque the bolts, peavey did.

Shipping things back and forth when it's not really NEEDED hurts everyone and the shipping companies rake in the money.

All that being said I shipped an old superlead (built like {censored}ing TANKS) double boxed and perfectly packed. When it got to GA the choke transformer was rolling around inside the chassis. Guy KNEW it wasn't my fault and simply re-wired that bitch in there and re-bolted it down. Fired right up and he was tickled to death. Now if he went and done the same thing the OP did, I'd have all of HC breathing down my neck.

Deals online are a two way road.

• Members

^Bull{censored}! The baggie of parts included a chassis nut and some other random parts. Not to mention the amp sounded like it had BB's rolling around inside the chassis

You = no pictures, outrageous claims, and you have a refund in your pocket

Him = pictures to back up what he's saying, and he's out shipping.

You should STFU until you can produce some evidence to support your bull{censored}.

• Members

If some chassis bolts were loose/off, then the sound your heard inside the headshell coule be more chassis nuts?

• Members

You = no pictures, outrageous claims, and you have a refund in your pocket

Him = pictures to back up what he's saying, and he's out shipping.

You should STFU until you can produce some evidence to support your bull{censored}.

+87.

The tolex doesnt look 'shredded' to me:lol:

• Members

Those tolex "gouges" while they may have been caused by an object during shipping, still represent nothing beyond normal physical wear that the amp would endure in any gigging band's hands.

Just how bad were the knobs "bent" now?

I would've just emailed the dude and been like, hey, you're a moron for not taking the tubes out and you owe me X amount for this tube that broke, and you're also an idiot for sticking an object in between the tolex and the case so it can grind, but I'll let that slide and report my experience accordingly on HC.

Shipping things back and forth when it's not really NEEDED hurts everyone and the shipping companies rake in the money.

There are FAR more problems of the amp than his pictures prove. If I would had known it was going to turn into this, I would have taken pictures to prove my case.

I didn't take any pictures. I just wanted my money back. And now I have a refund, I'm a bit upset that I lost $17.27 in PayPal fees... but I'll manage.

1) The amp has bent pot shafts

2) missing chassis screw

3) sounds like BB's rolling around inside the chassis

4) gouges in the tolex

5) he didn't disclose prior issues with the amp

6) bad packing job

7) the flight case had a 4" gap on one end (thus the amp could slide back in forth) hence, why the pot shafts were bent.

The amp was damaged in shipping and I didn't want to take the hit on it

• Moderators

You have your refund. The pictures look a LOT better then what you described. Maybe you should let this go now?

• Members

There are FAR more problems of the amp than his pictures prove. If I would had known it was going to turn into this, I would have taken pictures to prove my case.

I didn't take any pictures. I just wanted my money back. And now I have a refund, I'm a bit upset that I lost $17.27 in PayPal fees... but I'll manage.

1) The amp has bent pot shafts

2) missing chassis screw

3) sounds like BB's rolling around inside the chassis

4) gouges in the tolex

6) bad packing job

7) the flight case had a 4" gap on one end (thus the amp could slide back in forth) hence, why the pot shafts were bent.

The amp was damaged in shipping and I didn't want to take the hit on it

No proof so STFU.

After it survived another trip packed the same way, and still looks like it does I'm thinking you either A.) decided you couldn't afford it and started nitpicking for a refund or B.) have an insane temper problem

He offered to buy you new tubes to replace the broken one. Other than that, is a tolex scrape on a PEAVEY XXX really going to hurt anything?!?

• Members

Look I'm not picking sides but my 2:90 had the exact same problem with his xxx. It would turn on everything would light up and the tubes wouldn't glow and there would be absolute silence. Turns out it had to do with my standby switch circuit or some {censored}. It's fixed now with no problems. In all honesty, I wouldn't even remember mentioning this if I sold the amp since it's working perfectly right now.

• Members
I wouldn't buy a Peavey XXX from my next door neighbor for $50.
:rolleyes:

..... :blah:

So you wouldn't send this guy your hard earn cash? btw, you are FULL OF {censored} stating that you wouldn't buy a xxx for $50??? LOL :rolleyes:

Go ahead there big guy... send him your hard earn cash.. do it! You seem so sure. Send him your money. :D

ahhh, you wouldn't send him your money if this was an amp you want. You're not stupid... you know it'd be a mess. Admit it. You wouldn't deal with him :D

• Members
Why do I need evidence? I have a full refund! That's evidence in itself.

This right here proves you're a douchebag that was just pulling some {censored} to get a refund.

:blah:

So you wouldn't send this guy your hard earn cash? btw, you are FULL OF {censored} stating that you wouldn't buy a xxx for $50??? LOL
:rolleyes:

Go ahead there big guy... send him your hard earn cash.. do it! You seem so sure. Send him your money.
:D

ahhh, you wouldn't send him your money if this was an amp you want. You're not stupid... you know it'd be a mess. Admit it. You wouldn't deal with him
:D

No, I just don't buy crap like Peavey XXX's. I don't have time to flip amps to idiots like you out there and I have no use for a XXX even for $50. :rolleyes:

Mods: can you ban this idiot for slandering another member for no reason, and harassing his mother?

• Members

No proof so STFU.

After it survived another trip packed the same way, and still looks like it does I'm thinking you either A.) decided you couldn't afford it and started nitpicking for a refund or B.) have an insane temper problem

He offered to buy you new tubes to replace the broken one. Other than that, is a tolex scrape on a PEAVEY XXX really going to hurt anything?!?

Signed.

Sorry man but after your opening blow up and what this kid showed in the pics I think you were way out of line and he kinda has you on this one.

The amp looks like it has normal wear but nothing outrageously bad.

I don't see any bent knobs in his pictures.

You described the amp as being totally trashed and it obviously isn't.

Next time your should try using a little restraint in your post before your try to tarnish someones name.

Glad you got your money back but hopefully this won't screw him out of selling his amp.

Archived