South Park is OFFICIALLY the best thing ever

bullhead

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's the beauty of South Park though. Every bit of low-brow toilet humor on the show is done so with a heavy sense of irony. The writers understand how stupid toilet humor is, but make use of it anyway... because let's face it. No matter how sophisticated one might be, well timed profanity, gore, or {censored} is funny, provided the right context. That's why they have Terrance and Phillip... those characters amplify the juvenility of the whole "farts and cussing" thing, but because they're so ridiculous, it conveys the message that Matt Stone and Trey Parker are well aware of the retardedness of it all.

Yeah, occasionally they'll miss the mark and throw in more slapstick than they should, but they usually know just when and when not to add it in.

Amen, Brother. I guess some people get it and some people don't....

• Members

Family Guy is sooo lame... the jokes are always the same;

"Remember that one time, I was eating chicken with Fred Danza?" And then you see some really dumb-ass interlude scene with him eating the chicken with Fred Danza... And that joke lasts about 800 times I guess...

• Members
i love family guy. in many respects, i prefer it to SP.

hate the {censored}ing simpsons, though.

Hmm, that actually helps me understand why I've never been able to get into Family Guy, no matter how hard I've tried -- I'm a huge Simpsons fan. :idea:

• Members

Really? And you look to Family Guy for intelligent adult humor:confused:

Yeah, I dno Josh. The juvenile claim is hard to stand on when you're a fan of Family Guy...

As MetalHed mentioned, SP is completely self-aware of it's utter inanity at times.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

Necrothread resurrection, I know... but I was pissing my pants from laughing...

South-Park-Royal-Pudding.jpg

Round about the weakest episode yet .. I love SP but that wasn't really funny at all..aside fromone or two spot gags :idk:

• Members

It's taken a big downfall IMO. I want to see The Book of Mormon though.

Wasn't that the episode where they are singing/narrating, "Joseph Smith was a fraud... dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb..." to the tune of Yankee Doodle Dandy? Pretty sure it was years ago I saw that.

Archived