South Park is OFFICIALLY the best thing ever

bullhead

• Members

dude this is awesome..

and i never knew kyles dad or stan whoever..could play...hilarious.

even funnier is hes sayin the same thing as a million bulletins on myspace about how queer guitar hero is because they can really play the songs...

cant wait for rock band..

cause i can barely drum...and thats the only reason i want it..as long as they do metal songs and offer a double kick..

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i didnt see it but i DVR'd it so ill watch it later.

SP and Family Guy are the funniest Shows on TV they just keep getting funnier and funnier. Not like the Simpsons which i feel is getting worse as time progresses.

Though nothing will be funnier then the early episodes of the simpsons

• Members

I always get such a kick out the stupid {censored} like that. Like in Metalocalypse, I about lost my {censored} when Pickles used stomp boxes to operate the TV.

I agree, there are so many little things like that in Metalocalypse that slay me.

As for last nights episode of SouthPark, friggin' classic.

Guitar Hero.....Heroine Hero.....Rehab Hero.....LOL!

As for The Family Guy, I used to love it, and still get a kick out of it, but have to admit that I have never looked at it the same way since I saw the South Park episode where they spoof of it.

• Members

I agree, there are so many little things like that in Metalocalypse that slay me.

As for last nights episode of SouthPark, friggin' classic.

Guitar Hero.....Heroine Hero.....Rehab Hero.....LOL!

As for The Family Guy, I used to love it, and still get a kick out of it, but have to admit that I have never looked at it the same way since I saw the South Park episode where they spoof of it.

Family Guy has always been way more funny than South Park. South Park is funny every now and then but a lot of the time it's kinda boring... I don't really like it as much now that I'm older and have grown up a bit, but maybe that's just me....

• Members

Family Guy has always been way more funny than South Park. South Park is funny every now and then but a lot of the time it's kinda boring... I don't really like it as much now that I'm older and have grown up a bit, but maybe that's just me....

I like both, but South Park's ability to respond to current socially relevant issues makes it by far the superior show IMO.

• Members

"Real guitars are for old people".
South Park's kind of hit and miss but when they're on it's great. It's the only show I make myself stay up for when it's a new episode. I like FG too.

The Cartman with teuretts syndrome was great-guess they can get away with way more language than they used too. Yeah, I can't spell turrets. :cop:

• Members

Simpsons is wayyy too old. South Park is the best out of the 3, they can be made so fast that they can respond to stuff that just happened. Simpsons is good stuff, and FG is good once in a while but for me it gets old.

But every once in a while its {censored}ing hilarious :thu:

• Members

Now that's just not true.

I like both, but South Park's ability to respond to current socially relevant issues makes it by far the superior show IMO.

Eh, I dunno. The humor seems too 13 year old teenage boy-ish to me most of the time. It's just stupid {censored}...

• Members

Eh, I dunno. The humor seems too 13 year old teenage boy-ish to me most of the time. It's just stupid {censored}...

That's the beauty of South Park though. Every bit of low-brow toilet humor on the show is done so with a heavy sense of irony. The writers understand how stupid toilet humor is, but make use of it anyway... because let's face it. No matter how sophisticated one might be, well timed profanity, gore, or {censored} is funny, provided the right context. That's why they have Terrance and Phillip... those characters amplify the juvenility of the whole "farts and cussing" thing, but because they're so ridiculous, it conveys the message that Matt Stone and Trey Parker are well aware of the retardedness of it all.

Yeah, occasionally they'll miss the mark and throw in more slapstick than they should, but they usually know just when and when not to add it in.

Archived