UK / Euro 4th Quarter spam thread

justcrash

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Right - pics to follow tonight

It is a 1996 model, no noticeable dings, but there is a couple of marks at the headstock from a hanger, where it has been hung up on a wall, it also appears to have been kept on a stand and the rubber has left a mark in the nitro on the back of the neck and the white is ageing nicely (difficult to explain, but it's not a fresh white anymore if that makes sense). Anyway, apart from that it is in good nick - all the hardware is original and the gold is still in good nick. The Gibson gig bag seems to have vanished but I'll send it in a hard case which is not an exact fit, but it'll protect it in transit.

• Members
Hi all..

Selling my Georgious Mesa/Boogie F30 Special in Hardwood with Wicker grill. Also comes with Flightcase and footswitch. small mark on the bottom corner, but other than that it's in A1 condition.

Looking for

• Members

FT Washburn x50pro-fe

24 frets
mahogany body and neck
specs say rosewood board but it's the darkest rosewood I have ever seen, looks more like ebony
flame maple top
EMG 81 & 85

Looking to trade for an Ibanez RG with trem, let me know what you've got

pics not that great but it's well put together and sounds great

• Members

I have an opportunity to buy a 70s Fender Precision so I have to part with the Les Paul listed further up the thread and pictured here

2052227769_de0e8d1cdc_o.gif

and also my JV Squier Precision Bass. This one is the 62 RI style - threaded saddles, reverse tuners, strap button on the headstock. All parts are original - the pickguard is showing its age and has warped slightly. It's also got a small crack in it at the top, but not really noticeable - I don't know if it's snapped, but it's on the bass ok. Neck date is 22 April 1983. General condition is great, hardly any dings scrapes - there's something minor on the back, but it's generally fine.
Comes in a hard case and I would like to see

• Members

Vintage Marshall 1960a (Slanted) 4x12

Any interest in one of these? Its a genuine JCM800 one, from the 80s. 4 Celestion GT-75s, made in England, all broken in. A proper marshall cab. Dont have any pictures to hand, there are a couple of dings / scrapes to the tolex, but in very good condition for a 20+ year old cab. Its certainly got some mojo!

Selling cos I am downsizing my rig. Any offers? Would consider trades for 2x12s / 1x12s and maybe superstrats.

I am based in Bournemouth and would prefer not to ship, but we can arrange pickup/delivery/meet halfway depending on circumstances!

Is this still for sale? How much? Thanks

• Members

Hi chaps, not sure if there's much cross-traffic between here and the UK/Euro thread in the Effcts Forum so thought I'd cover all my bases and re-spam :

:thu:

Epiphone Sheraton II which I did some upgrades on in summary:

Hardware replaced with Tone Pros bridge and tailpiece (Nickel)
Pickups replaced with Gibson ( a Burtsbucker #1 and Classic 57) (Nickel)
All pots and switches replaced : CTS pots, Orange drop caps, Gibson switch
Push/Push switch added for out-of-phase in middle position
Tuners (Grovers) gold plating removed to reveal natural nickel finish

The result of this was to make a decent guitar sound great. No idea which of the individual changes had the most impact but an impact it has had! Also the look (replacing the gold prts with Nickel) has de-blinged the standard Sheraton look (much for the better imo)

The other (big) thing I did was to totally de-bling the super-thick and shiny finish by removing it with steel wool! It now has a matt patina that I absolutely love, and which may also have contributed to the opening up of the sound (it's a much louder guitar unplugged now too - probably also down to the hardware)

2007_0331TestPics0001.jpg
2007_0331TestPics0002.jpg
2007_0331TestPics0024.jpg
2007_0331TestPics0025.jpg
DSC00444.jpg
DSC00446.jpg
collage2-1.jpg

• Members
i dont usually like big body guitars, but for some reason i think that one looks like the sex

:cool:

I tell you it just works - Epi (or someone) should do this : the multi-ply binding looked OTT when it was all gold and shiny - now it just all clicks in to place : nice defined curves with the bound edges and f-holes, you can see the colours of the burst rather than your reflection in an inch-thick poly finish. And I'm not just saying this because I'm selling it :lol: I will do this again to a Sheraton in the future (semis make great upgrade platforms - I think it's the fact that the hollow ply construction means that more of the overall plugged-in sound comes from the hardware and electrics than the wood - but for now I need to populate a gigging pedalboard for my covers band.

I've priced this at a low/ave price of a s/h Sheraton plus the upgraded parts at s/h cost because that's what it'll cost me (in

Archived