Mesa Lonestar dirty tone clip

Randy Van Sykes

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I played a 5153 and a lonestar 2x12 back to back and I have to say, I LOVE how different the amps are.

The 5153 is this ultratight gain monster that slams you in the chest, while the Lonestar has this really round, velvety bass and a smoothness that I didn't expect. I loved all the modern-ish blues stuff that I could pull out of the lonestar, I'd love to own one eventually.

• Members

I see, so that's the excuse for not making more Polaris clips eh? Nice. :poke:

Yeah, that's what the world needs, another "Unchained" amp clip. :poke:

You're sure in a pokey mood.

My poor pinky finger....wrapped in bandages with a splint on it. I should have gotten stitches, but I hate hospitals. :cry:

• Members

I played a 5153 and a lonestar 2x12 back to back and I have to say, I LOVE how different the amps are.

The 5153 is this ultratight gain monster that slams you in the chest, while the Lonestar has this really round, velvety bass and a smoothness that I didn't expect. I loved all the modern-ish blues stuff that I could pull out of the lonestar, I'd love to own one eventually.

I agree, it has a nice crunch and it's smoooooth....great for rock and blues.

• Members

Nice tone, great playing. Have you played the Mark IV, Im gassing for one pretty bad. I just wish i have the $1900 to pay for it

Never played one, but I actually never thought a Mark IV would be right for me, as I see most guys that have one play really hard rock/metal with it, and I tend to like a less aggressive, less forward sounding amp. I'm usually more into vintage type voicings.

• Members
Thanks...it's a C90 Mesa speaker so it's gonna add it's thing, hard to get around it...nice speaker though for this amp.
;)

Yeah, I understand that. The amp is definitely thick enough... maybe too thick for that type of tone... I like it, though. Got any clean clips? I've heard this thing will compete well with a Twin.

• Members

Yeah, I understand that. The amp is definitely thick enough... maybe too thick for that type of tone... I like it, though. Got any clean clips? I've heard this thing will compete well with a Twin.

I don't have a clean clip, but I can say that with my EBMM Silhouette Special, using the single coils, it's very Mark Knopfler sounding...great clean channel, which makes this amp so versatile, the fact that it can even pull off a nice dirty tone with a clean tone like that.

• Members
I don't have a clean clip, but I can say that with my EBMM Silhouette Special, using the single coils, it's very Mark Knopfler sounding...great clean channel, which makes this amp so versatile, the fact that it can even pull off a nice dirty tone with a clean tone like that.

Awesome. Let me know if you make any. :thu: clean clips of amps are extremely rare on the net.

Archived