Yup, i miss my pop!

Lucius

• Members
I'm with ya guys. Oct 12 1986
:cry:

+ 1 on all that. I lost my father when I was 14 and he was only 42. Sometimes I get depressed when I wonder whether or not there really is an afterlife and if my father and other family are aware of what's still going on in the lives of family like me and if I'll ever see them again or not.

Sorry to hear about the losses you guys have had to endure, as well, and hopefully you have good memories.

• Members
Massive heart attack. My Dad didn't drink but smoked pretty heavy. He died within 34 hours so he didn't suffer much.

My Mom died of a brain tumor. This was a long terrible death
:cry:

My father died of a heart attack, as well. He survived one going into the hospital, then it seemed like everything was going to be okay until a couple days later when he died.

Man, I'm very sorry to hear both your parents are passed on and what your mother and family went through with the tumor.

• Members

My dad just had a small amount of pre-cancerous tissue taken out of his tongue. I'm glad they caught it, but the seriousness has not hit my dad.

Unfortunately, my dad smokes, doesn't exercise and likes to brag that he never meets his deductible for his medical insurance because he never goes to the doctor (except for the dentist, I suppose he can't ignore teeth pain). He's lost his parents and 2 brothers in the last 4 years (he's 56), and much of it could have been avoided if they took better care of themselves and got checkups.

I'm not looking forward to inheriting a goddamn thing. I want my family back.

• Members

If people dont mind my asking, what has been the cause of death for their fathers?

My Dad had a micro-bacterial lung disease very simular to TB. He contracted this disease sometime around '99. It was not contagious or anything and could absolutely not be gotten rid of. The antibiotics would only slow it down to help him live longer. He was a drunk and a heavy smoker and done both up until the final hospital stay. Despite that, he was a good man and a hell of a fishermen, I still respect and love him very much.

Being his only child and him not being married, I had to make the decision to either string him along assisted or to let him pass on naturally. No matter which I chose the prognosis was the same. A very hard and emotional decision to make as he was basically out of it at the time.

I watched him take his last breath and pass on at 6:05pm 9-9-06. That moment is burned into my memory for as long as I live. Every so often I re-live that moment in my mind despite trying not to. I'll never get over it I don't think, but I got through it.

Can't believe I just typed all this.........

• Members
My Dad had a micro-bacterial lung disease very simular to TB. He contracted this disease sometime around '99. It was not contagious or anything and could absolutely not be gotten rid of. The antibiotics would only slow it down to help him live longer. He was a drunk and a heavy smoker and done both up until the final hospital stay. Despite that, he was a good man and a hell of a fishermen, I still respect and love him very much.

Being his only child and him not being married, I had to make the decision to either string him along assisted or to let him pass on naturally. No matter which I chose the prognosis was the same. A very hard and emotional decision to make as he was basically out of it at the time.

I watched him take his last breath and pass on at 6:05pm 9-9-06. That moment is burned into my memory for as long as I live. Every so often I re-live that moment in my mind despite trying not to. I'll never get over it I don't think, but I got through it.

must have been tough, my friend had almost identical scenario as you with his mum. I can sympathise :(

• Members

Wow, thanks for sharing that.

Archived