SS Posse!!

Shask

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yea, rhythm is mostly all I play, or care about. My friend is a lead player, and always filled in those parts.

Ive just been more about the groove, and get bored with long shreddy leads.

Maybe its because I played percussion and bass? I dunno...

• Members

I try to play leads with finesse that fit the movement that I'm trying to accomplish. In the metal drum jam demo I recorded a few weeks ago, I composed the chords first and then played leads to accentuate and modulate them. Not my best work, but that's my technique anyway.

I'll let others be the judge of my speed, I guess.

Did you check out mah clip yet?

• Members
Did you check out mah clip yet?

Trying to DL it now because I'm about to head home. My comp wants to start streaming it right away and that makes it nearly impossible to nab it. I'm going to have to let it load and get it from Firefox's Media tab in the "Page Info" dialogue. But I'll get to it, and get back to you tomorrow or so!

With my clips in hand :)

• Members
Trying to DL it now because I'm about to head home. My comp wants to start streaming it right away and that makes it nearly impossible to nab it. I'm going to have to let it load and get it from Firefox's Media tab in the "Page Info" dialogue. But I'll get to it, and get back to you tomorrow or so!

With my clips in hand
:)

K, sweet man. Thanks!

• Members

Preliminary listen on a cruddy pair of USB headphones - it's not a bad amp by any means, surprisingly decent high gain tone out of it considering its age and its original purpose. I don't know, it's a bit loose sounding for me and kind of gritty (speaker replacement would probably do wonders, as would closing the cab, but you'd have to be careful to tune it correctly or it'd be farty or boomy). Your riffing isn't really that bad, though it is sloppy like you said - it does seem like sometimes you just kind of forget where you are and have to get back on track. I bet a drum machine or a metronome (I recommend a drum machine, they're too cool and more fun to play to than a click) would fix that problem in like two weeks. If you need a link to some computer drum machines of the free variety let me know, I can hook you up.

I loved hearing Opeth in the middle of it, made me grin. Seems like everyone who likes melodeath knows that intro. Easy but heavy as hell.

I'll get back with more comments tomorrow or so, man. All in all, pretty good setup on the cheap. Nice score. I'm not sure how I feel about the way harmonics sound on it - they seem to have a strange hump to them in the upper mids. Do you get that same feeling or is that how you like 'em to sound? I guess it could be the OD you're using - I don't particularly care for TS-style ODs, that midrange hump doesn't do the thing I want it to :)

• Members

WHAT A DAY.

So I had this audition with this "gothic" metal band.

the other guitarist was using a marshall tsl2000 full stack with a maxon od808 boost and a plethora of other random peddles//suppressors/compression/balls

and he had a gibson studio les paul

the bassist was using a madison bass 8x10 stack

and a fender 5 string bass

I had a bass amp and a metalzone

and the guitar you saw the pictures of.

I was expecting these guys to be totally TOTALLY bad ass. like, TOTALLY.

and fully expecting the other guitarists tone to KILL mine.

but, he dialed his amp.. to somehow the worst tone imaginable.

My tone>his tone for SOME reason unknown

and I played light-years better then these other guys.

Needless to say I'm in the band, it's gothic metal, it's slow. and ambient.

and not really my style but they've got connections with some korean record label-so they asked if I'd like to join and I'm like yes.

moral of the story.

EXPENSIVE STUFF DOES NOT MAKE YOU A GOOD PLAYER.

• Members

SHouldnt gothic metal be like.. fast?

I had no idea, I don't really listen to it, but they showed me some examples and it's like....SOOOO SLOW.

like draconian? and tristania?

and I'm like...............soooooo slowwwwwwwwwwww.

it's like.. guitars and keyboard. it's pretty weird.

not entirely my style but I have a feeling that this will be able to get me somewhere in life.

• Members
Preliminary listen on a cruddy pair of USB headphones - it's not a bad amp by any means, surprisingly decent high gain tone out of it considering its age and its original purpose. I don't know, it's a bit loose sounding for me and kind of gritty (speaker replacement would probably do wonders, as would closing the cab, but you'd have to be careful to tune it correctly or it'd be farty or boomy). Your riffing isn't really that bad, though it is sloppy like you said - it does seem like sometimes you just kind of forget where you are and have to get back on track. I bet a drum machine or a metronome (I recommend a drum machine, they're too cool and more fun to play to than a click) would fix that problem in like two weeks. If you need a link to some computer drum machines of the free variety let me know, I can hook you up.

I loved hearing Opeth in the middle of it, made me grin. Seems like everyone who likes melodeath knows that intro. Easy but heavy as hell.

I'll get back with more comments tomorrow or so, man. All in all, pretty good setup on the cheap. Nice score. I'm not sure how I feel about the way harmonics sound on it - they seem to have a strange hump to them in the upper mids. Do you get that same feeling or is that how you like 'em to sound? I guess it could be the OD you're using - I don't particularly care for TS-style ODs, that midrange hump doesn't do the thing I want it to

You pretty much summed my thoughts on it up. I like the pinch harmonics to sound that way... the mic added the grittiness, really. It's a fairly smooth amp for a Peavey. I'm gonna throw a set of Swamp Thangs in it, still. You should've heard it before I took the Blue Marvel out. The speakers are Bugera, and I hate to say it, but HUGE improvement over the Blue Marvel and the Crate bass guitar speaker that WAS in there. Add about 10 DB at 900hz and 10khz to that sound, and you have what it sounded like before. :freak: I thought the BUGERAS were fizzy and undefined. :blah:

I was working on that drumjam a little earlier, and you're right. I need a drum machine. I play SO much better with drums.

I'm not going to close the back on it... that would add weight and when I weighed it without speakers it weighed 105 lbs, more than most 4x12 cabs. It probably weighs a good 110-115 lbs now. Peavey 2x12 combos are not for the frail.

• Members
You pretty much summed my thoughts on it up. I like the pinch harmonics to sound that way... the mic added the grittiness, really. It's a fairly smooth amp for a Peavey. I'm gonna throw a set of Swamp Thangs in it, still. You should've heard it before I took the Blue Marvel out. The speakers are Bugera, and I hate to say it, but HUGE improvement over the Blue Marvel and the Crate bass guitar speaker that WAS in there. Add about 10 DB at 900hz and 10khz to that sound, and you have what it sounded like before.
:freak:
I thought the BUGERAS were fizzy and undefined.
:blah:

SWAMP THANGS!

• Members

People always complain about Slayers solos, but I think it fits perfect. You dont expect Hell to sound all pretty and melodic

Slayer solos sound like a dial up modem. Morbid Angel solos sound like hell has come to your door. :p

I suck at everything equally. ;)

Archived