SS Posse!!

Shask

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Damn that's screwed up.

I was trying in vain to play slide for a while... I figured the DT tuning might be a little better for htat.

But I get all confused because all my familiar scale shapes are all contorted.
:freak:

Ive messed with it, and its cool, but I get messed up also.

Plus, everything sounds too happy :D

• Members

I'm actually installing a mighty mite motherbucker in my main guitar right now. :)

from what I hear these are top knotch.

*edit*

and new year

MAN..

I have to go to college!

I've never been to college before.

and yeah..so I'm going

also I just got confirmation that I was to join this band :)

they're gothic metal.

so i was like :eek:

because gothic metal usually means ghey.

but then I was like..

hm..maybe I can show my creative side better in a band like this.

• Members
My bad Scott, this

Yea, these selects are the most craptastic pickups ever.

Ive always wondered if those were cool or not. I know you see them cheap, like $30-$40 all the time. I figured the value tanked too quick for them to be real good...

• Members
Ive always wondered if those were cool or not. I know you see them cheap, like $30-$40 all the time. I figured the value tanked too quick for them to be real good...

It sounds about like my head did. Just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much lowend for me.

• Members

Damn that's screwed up.

I was trying in vain to play slide for a while... I figured the DT tuning might be a little better for htat.

But I get all confused because all my familiar scale shapes are all contorted.
:freak:

I got into downtuning playing the Devin tuning.

Now I use CGCGCG, CGCFCG, CGCGCF, and one half step up of each (Db variants). They're much more "me*." Want me to throw up some recordings tomorrow or the next day? I'd like to anyway, I'm working on recordings for my new album and I'd like some comments on tones I'm thinking of (part of the great thing about VST based recording is that I can change the cabinet impulse response I'm using after the recording, hah!)

*Devin is a classic Shredder, emphasizes alternate picking, tapping, and sweeps... I'm a legato player, emphasizing even, precise HO/PO, plectrum techniques, and slides. Not that he doesn't ever legato, or that I don't ever shred. He's definitely a huge inspiration on my playing, right up there with George Lynch and Joe Satriani. I don't sound like any of my influences, though, which is kind of wierd.

Archived