SS Posse!!

Shask

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh man.. cars :(

so I had to clip the springs a bit to get the screws in.

I'm doing a make-over of my guitar :)

new pickup AND

I painted the pickguard blue :)

I just did a clear coat of the pickguard..

so, should be ready in about 10 minutes :)

I'll take pictures.

• Members

Oh man.. cars
:(

so I had to clip the springs a bit to get the screws in.

I'm doing a make-over of my guitar
:)

new pickup AND

I painted the pickguard blue

I just did a clear coat of the pickguard..

so, should be ready in about 10 minutes

I'll take pictures.

What color is the guitar? I cant imagine any color that would look good with a blue pickguard...

• Members

What about blue
:p

Whats the point of having ap ickguard then? Rear-routed guitars look so much better anyway, the only way front-routed guitars look okay is if the pickguard looks nice. BUt if it's just a big plastic lid on the front of the guitar it would just look crappy. Black pickguards on black guitars look crappy.

• Members

I've come to a conclusion. I am a very sloppy guitarist.
:idk:

I need an amp with 3,000,000 db of gain to cover my sloppiness. Of course, with an amp with that much gain, I would need 30 noise gates and to only play single notes.
:idk::lol:

What style of playing do you use that gain hides slop? Legato technique relies on precision and finesse, and the more gain you've got the more obvious it is you're screwing it up. Kind of like sweeping that way.

• Members

What style of playing do you use that gain
hides
slop? Legato technique relies on precision and finesse, and the more gain you've got the more obvious it is you're screwing it up. Kind of like sweeping that way.

Rhythm. :cry:

It's not that I'm sloppy, it's that my brain is. :idk:

I forget where I'm at in the riff and where I'm going, y'know? Too much drugs, not enough ginko.

• Members

Rhythm.
:cry:

It's not that
I'm
sloppy, it's that my
brain
is.

I forget where I'm at in the riff and where I'm going, y'know? Too much drugs, not enough ginko.

THEN

I suggest the vh-140c :)

I got one, not because I'm sloppy..but because I wanted oodles of gain.

• Members

Remember, I used to have one. If you want a {censored} ton of gain, get a Digitech Grunge. The thing has more gain than I would want at like 9:00.

I don't know how much gain it has, but I know it sounds like dick. Seriously. You don't actually endorse that pedal, right? :)

• Members

Remember, I used to have one. If you want a {censored} ton of gain, get a Digitech Grunge. The thing has more gain than I would want at like 9:00.

oh, I forgot that you used to have one :(

how did it fair with you? just curious.

AND

yeah.. so I put the strings on..expecting this new humbucker to kick all sorts of ass.

THEN...it's silent

and i'm like OH {censored}

so.. then..I saw that somehow one of the soldering things became undone.

so now i have to solder that back on.

GWAH.

and I have a ginormous headache

• Members

I don't know how much gain it has, but I know it sounds like
dick
. Seriously. You don't actually endorse that pedal, right?

Not at all... although, I've had it for a while and I discovered that if you use the MIXER out through the clean channel, it sounds miles better. :idk:

I don't know why, but it works.

• Members

oh, I forgot that you used to have one
:(

how did it fair with you? just curious.

AND

yeah.. so I put the strings on..expecting this new humbucker to kick all sorts of ass.

THEN...it's silent

and i'm like OH {censored}

so.. then..I saw that somehow one of the soldering things became undone.

so now i have to solder that back on.

GWAH.

and I have a ginormous headache

It was my second amp, and the guy who bought it off me still has it, it still works, and I passively want it back. It was one of the few amps I could get along with ALL the time.

• Members

It was my second amp, and the guy who bought it off me still has it, it still works, and I passively want it back. It was one of the few amps I could get along with ALL the time.

I see, well I'm about to take pictures of my guitar.

I call it Blue Lightning

• Members

Not at all... although, I've had it for a while and I discovered that if you use the MIXER out through the clean channel, it sounds miles better.

I don't know why, but it works.

I didn't try that, but I was just goofing around with the used pedals at the local store. Put that one back quick. I haven't heard many worse sounding pedals, honestly, haha.

• Members

I didn't try that, but I was just goofing around with the used pedals at the local store. Put that one back
quick
. I haven't heard many worse sounding pedals, honestly, haha.

Once ya set it up right using the mixer out it actually sounds somewhere near decent. Still horrid... but at the time it beat NO distortion.

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=10636

That's the clip of the Stereo Chorus, recorded with a PC mic molesting the edge of the cone, showing off my sloppiness and it was boosted with a Maxon OD808, in case you missed it.

• Members

Once ya set it up right using the mixer out it actually sounds somewhere near decent. Still horrid... but at the time it beat NO distortion.

That's the clip of the Stereo Chorus, recorded with a PC mic molesting the edge of the cone, showing off my sloppiness and it was boosted with a Maxon OD808, in case you missed it.

I can listen to it now if you want, but I'm using a laptop without any kind of external speaker - let me download it and listen to it tomorrow on my studio setup. May be a day before I can get back to you about it, but I look forward to hear what you're getting that thing to do. Hell of an amp, and it sounds like you've got some good ideas about SS tone from our discussions here.

I'll also be posting up some clips tomorrow of my newest digital creations courtesy of my G9.2tt, hopefully to get some input from you guys on which cab IR to go with for the basic rhythm tone of my "album" I'm putting out... and also on some drum sounds I'm working on.

• Members

I can listen to it now if you want, but I'm using a laptop without any kind of external speaker - let me download it and listen to it tomorrow on my studio setup. May be a day before I can get back to you about it, but I look forward to hear what you're getting that thing to do. Hell of an amp, and it sounds like you've got some good ideas about SS tone from our discussions here.

I'll also be posting up some clips tomorrow of my newest digital creations courtesy of my G9.2tt, hopefully to get some input from you guys on which cab IR to go with for the basic rhythm tone of my "album" I'm putting out... and also on some drum sounds I'm working on.

Listen to it on your studio setup, man. I need real input on the tone.

I'll let you know what I think of your clips, as well.

Archived