OT: I just had one of the best beers I've ever had....

rememberduane

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I love Cubans.. they're legal over here. Had myself a Cohiba 2006 LE Pyramide on New Years day. Oh yes.

My local place actually has a box of 1999 Siglo IV's that get me off.

That and the 2001 Trinidad Fundadores.
:D

Actually, I've found Ramon Allones Belicosos or Specially Selected to be my regular of choice. Or a Partagas Series P No. 2, or D4... I love all Partagas though.

:love:

You don't think, by any chance, that you could ship some over here? :D

A buddy of mine found a place in Geneva Switzerland where they supposedly ship you real Cubans (it's a long process in order to get them through customs), but we're pretty skeptical. All this has gotten me in the mood for a fine smoke.

• Members
If you can try out Flying Dog Porter. Goddamn it's good and it'll get you drunk! 4 beers and I was slurring pretty bad. I'm no lightweight either. The Double Dog ale is like 11.5 %. It is associated with Hunter S Thompson and the labels are all Ralph Steadman pictures.
:thu:

I've had the Hunter S. Thompson porter that {censored} Great!:love:

• Members
:love:

You don't think, by any chance, that you could ship some over here?

A buddy of mine found a place in Geneva Switzerland where they supposedly ship you real Cubans (it's a long process in order to get them through customs), but we're pretty skeptical. All this has gotten me in the mood for a fine smoke.

Most will ship to you and wrap it like a present and not put what it is on the customs form... BUT if you get caught, you may have to pay a VERY large fine and could even face prison time. :cry:

• Members
And I like a lot of good beer. Cairngorm Trade Winds. If you can find it, try it.

Next up on the night, Sammy Smith Organic Lager. Let's see how that goes.

What beer has made you just go "Oh {censored}, that's good!"?

I've got a Sam L Org. Lager in the fridge myself bro. It's my birthday, I've got a good buzz on, smoked a joint just a while ago, am listening to Robot Hive/Exodus on the cd player right now, and getting ready to pop the top on that Sammy in a few minutes. After that it's dry aged ribeyes, rst potatoes, and broccolini with the family. :cool:

• Members
I've got a Sam L Org. Lager in the fridge myself bro. It's my birthday, I've got a good buzz on, smoked a joint just a while ago, am listening to Robot Hive/Exodus on the cd player right now, and getting ready to pop the top on that Sammy in a few minutes. After that it's dry aged ribeyes, rst potatoes, and broccolini with the family.
:cool:

Damn man, living the good life I see. No smoke for me till Sunday. Damn.

Happy birthday, and keep enjoying it!

• Members
Most will ship to you and wrap it like a present and not put what it is on the customs form... BUT if you get caught, you may have to pay a VERY large fine and could even face prison time.
:cry:

Jesus tap dancing Christ. All because some dictator will not die! I'm convinced the man is a robot and Castro died years ago.

• Members

Jesus tap dancing Christ. All because some dictator
will not
die! I'm convinced the man is a robot and Castro died years ago.

I know. I just worry that when they're introduced to the US, it's going to {censored} the quality or price (or both) due to such a massive increase in demand.

• Members

Anybody here homebrew? I made my first batch not long ago it got rave reviews from friends and family. It was slated to be a pale ale, but I used alot more malt than the recipe called for so it was anything but. It kicked like a mule, too. Anything more than two was just asking for trouble.

My beer came out fantastic. I'd choose it over 75% of the stuff I could buy. I'm fixin' to turn out some more soon. The whole process was a blast.

• Members
I know. I just worry that when they're introduced to the US, it's going to {censored} the quality or price (or both) due to such a massive increase in demand.

That's a fair assumption.

But let me get this straight...

If I get them from this place in Sweden, I will be the one facing punishment, even though I didn't smuggle them in? I'm not doubting your understanding, I just don't think it makes much sense. That place is smuggling them, not me. After all, isn't that what the law is against? It's not actually against owning them, is it?

:confused:

• Members

Anybody here homebrew? I made my first batch not long ago it got rave reviews from friends and family. It was slated to be a pale ale, but I used alot more malt than the recipe called for so it was anything but. It kicked like a mule, too. Anything more than two was just asking for trouble.

My beer came out fantastic. I'd choose it over 75% of the stuff I could buy. I'm fixin' to turn out some more soon. The whole process was a blast.

God I'd love to try that one day. How did you get started with it?

• Members
That's a fair assumption.

But let me get this straight...

If
I
get them from this place in Sweden,
I
will be the one facing punishment, even though I didn't smuggle them in? I'm not doubting your understanding, I just don't think it makes much sense. That place is smuggling them, not me. After all, isn't that what the law is against? It's not actually against owning them, is it?

:confused:

The law is actually against giving them your money. And through buying them overseas you are buying from someone who bought them from Cuba so technically you are funding the purchase from Cuba.

I may be wrong, but that's how I understand it. Either way, you do get {censored}ed. :( You're TECHNICALLY not even supposed to buy them when overseas if you're an American... but nobody can check.

Archived