The Gear Page...

Brick

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm in the Emporium all day. What are you looking for? I've done a lot more deals over there than I have on Harmony Central.

Ditto, but I've done more deals here. Over there though you don't get as many tire kickers...usually the first few guys who PM me about something they see in the emporium buy it within a few days.

I like their offerings of pedals, plus a lot of the guys there keep meticulous care of their gear.

Oh yeah, pretty pictures of $5K guitars are nice too.

Don't go into the forums much, I must've asked 2 questions before and deal only in the emporium.

The guys there do know their stuff though and it helps that some manufacturers post on there and will answer questions too.

• Members

It's too snobby over there for my tastes, but it's GREAT for selling. Stuff sells over there MUCH faster than it does here or on rig-talk.... well, as long as it's not a br00talz amp. they don't want those, really. lol

Yeah I feel the same way...I can sense them turning their noses up at some of my offerings. Lol.

• Members

Yeah I feel the same way...I can sense them turning their noses up at some of my offerings. Lol.

I don't think that anyone over there is going to "turn there nose up" at anything, so much as they just plain won't be interested in certain things...the same way that people here just won't be interested in certain things. No one over there is going to give a rat's ass about a metal amp, simply because most people over there (like me) don't play or listen to metal. Conversely, most people here won't be interested in a jazz amp.

It's really not a matter of snobbery or cork sniffing, it's just a different demographic, that's all. Nevertheless, many people love to put a negative spin on it. One man's refined taste is another man's snobbery I suppose. All I know is that nobody in the TGP amp forum (to my knowledge) lives with their parents. I really like that.

:blah:

• Members

The Dumble/Robben Ford fixation over there gets a bit overbearing. I think the countless boutique variations of AC30's and Dumble/Trainwrecks are pretty stupid personally and are ridiculously priced and are more of a status symbol than great sounding amps.

• Members

Lots of big Egos over there, but over-all, most the people are cool. When I am in a goofy mood, HC is fine because nobody cares, :o but you can get banninated over at Teh gear page if you aren't careful :confused:

..... I got an infraction for saying that teh China built crappy stuff :cry: ..... I was told that there were Chinese on teh board and it wasn't very nice to bash teh Chinese :mad:

• Members

Lots of big Egos over there, but over-all, most the people are cool. When I am in a goofy mood, HC is fine because nobody cares,
:o
but you can get banninated over at Teh gear page if you aren't careful
:confused:

..... I got an infraction for saying that teh China built crappy stuff
:cry:
..... I was told that there were Chinese on teh board and it wasn't very nice to bash teh Chinese
:mad:

but if nobody tells them they build crappy stuff.... how will they ever know?:confused:

• Members

Wow, i just went there cause I'm in the market for a new amp, and all I can say is wow, the most expensive {censored} in there:freak:, but no one plays teh
:rawk:
, its all really expensive PTP wired clean amps:freak:

Then I went to the forums:freak:. Its so dry in there, the most boring stuff. Glad I foung out about this place first:thu:

/rant

Yes, how {censored}in dare they actually talk about gear in their gear forum, and actually answer questions with decent answers, related to the question. I mean, if specifically someone asks if a a Fender TWIN or VOX ACC30 would be more suitable for a certain application, how dare they not recommend him a Bogner SHIVA or MESA marIV...///

those bastards....

• Members

TGP is really where a lot of HC posters go when they grow up. Personally I tend to prefer it to here these days, since most of the posts are OP bull{censored} and most of the posters have never played a gig outside their mother's basement.

• Members

TGP is really where a lot of HC posters go when they grow up. Personally I tend to prefer it to here these days, since most of the posts are OP bull{censored} and most of the posters have never played a gig outside their mother's basement.

lol most of the posters on TGP are a bunch of rich prissy snobs who sit around buying dozens of $500 overdrive pedals to use with $3,500+ amps to play blues.

• Members

lol most of the posters on TGP are a bunch of rich prissy snobs who sit around buying dozens of $500 overdrive pedals to use with $3,500+ amps to play blues.

You've got a point there. I got caught up in some of that boutique pedal stuff, and realized that most of that {censored} doesn't sound any better than the mass-produced stuff. It makes me laugh though - a lot of people over at TGP have pedalboards a mile long and worth about $3K+, yet they don't gig or just play blues and nothing else.

• Members

It wasn't necessarily directed at you. It's just funny how many people in this forum view TGP. The talk about amps over there ranging from $300 (like the Traynor YBA-1) to $4,000+ like Diezel and Elmwood (same {censored} everyone over here talks about). I don't think that people over there like amps exclusively based on the price tag like everyone thinks. Dr. Z amps are huge over there, and they are very affordable. In general, I think that it's an older crowd with good ears who can afford nice amps. If being financially successful, reasonably well behaved and having good taste is a crime, then I should probably have my {censored}ing head cut off. Nothing against pointy guitars and teh bRewTal MeTulZ, but I'll take a nice strat and a Matchless any day.

Two kinds of people over there:

lawyers with expensive amps who cant play worth a damn, and some VERY good knowledgable players with damn good tone.

They run the forum like a nazi camp though, and it is very stuffy and up tight. And if you tell someone you dont like their clip they go off the deep end like middle schoolers. Which is pretty hilarious considering their middle aged rejects.

• Members

They run the forum like a nazi camp though, and it is very stuffy and up tight. And if you tell someone you dont like their clip they go off the deep end like middle schoolers. Which is pretty hilarious considering their middle aged rejects.

Got that right. There are certain people over there who seem to be immune from any sort of bashing or banning. If they post a clip, you damn well better say it's the best thing you've ever heard, or else...

• Members

Rich prissy snobs? How do you figure? Granted, the combined income of TGP probably far exceeds that of HCAF, but what makes them prissy snobs? I mean, can't we apply your same logic and say that HCAF is full of immature, underachieving retards who buy dozens of cheaply made pointy homo guitars and high gain buzz boxes so that they can play BreWtAl {censored} MeTul?

There are discussions on a regular basis at TGP about low priced amps, but somehow you seem pretty focused on $$$ aspect.

Sounds to me like you're player hatin'. :cop:

Just becasue someone can afford and enjoys gear with a high price tag, how does that make them snobby and prissy? Or are you one of these guys that can only afford {censored}ty canned beer, but you like to make fun of people who drink fine wine and nice scotch because you're "keeping it real"?:idea:

• Members

While TGP is certainly often as much "brand of the month" type madness as this forum sometimes has, it is by far more informative in many cases. You do have to take lots of stuff with a grain of salt because the userbase seems to be mostly guys who are into blues, classic rock, jazz, fusion etc stuff whereas here the emphasis is more on metal, hard rock and a little bit of indie I suppose. It does amaze me how so many on TGP can be so into whatever is the next great overdrive. There must be about a million different overdrives on the market and to me most of them sound like a Tube Screamer with a twist.

HC and Rigtalk seem to gather much more immature people in general though I must admit that both have their bright spots as well. Pretty evident by the "let's go troll the ___ forum" folk. That's just {censored}in' lame. I do enjoy reading the funnier off topic posts on HC.

Archived