MY BANDS NEW DEMO IS DONE! PLEASE TAKE A LISTEN INSIDE:

flaming turd

• Members

We just got this done. There is no mastering on it, just a mix job. We may end up having it remixed and mastered by David Bendeth, so would appreciate any comments about the mix.

The first three songs are the new ones. Please listen to the songs all the way through if you can, I think some of the best parts are toward the end.

All three songs were tracked with PRS Singlecuts, Make Me Burn was all Mesa Dual Recto with a SLO on the lead parts, While Cherish The Rain and The Highway are pretty much all H&K Triamp MKII, as I remember.

Anyway, would really appreciate any feedback on it.

Thanks, Bruce.

myspace.com/lifterfs

• Members

I see u live in Arkansas... I live around Jonesboro in the NE part of tha state.. I got buddies that go to U of A... Do you ever have gigs in Fayetteville?? I would make the trip over to catch your show... Shoot the {censored} and have a few drinks... I go there all the time to hang with my buddies that live there... I really like that area of arkansas!!!

hank

• Members

I generally like the riffs but think that they are maybe are just a tad too generic and i sincerely wouldn't distiguish you from a lot of bands that are aired on MTV, VH1 and similar..
everything IMHO:
vocals are maybe a bit too silent, cymbals too freaking loud, the mix actually to me sounds pretty strange, there are some extra low freqs, below 50 Hz, and then, like a gap til about 200 Hz, i would say, cut some highs from guitars and lower the cymbals.. also everything is really really loud and compressed, i guess you can blame myspaces amazing sound converter for some of this

please don't take this too harsh and note that i'm being as criticizing as i can since it seems to me that you aim a little higher with these songs, not just a demo made in a garage with one mic, right? :)

• Members
I generally like the riffs but think that they are maybe are just a tad too generic and i sincerely wouldn't distiguish you from a lot of bands that are aired on MTV, VH1 and similar..

everything IMHO:

vocals are maybe a bit too silent, cymbals too freaking loud, the mix actually to me sounds pretty strange, there are some extra low freqs, below 50 Hz, and then, like a gap til about 200 Hz, i would say, cut some highs from guitars and lower the cymbals.. also everything is really really loud and compressed, i guess you can blame myspaces
amazing
sound converter for some of this

please don't take this too harsh and note that i'm being as criticizing as i can since it seems to me that you aim a little higher with these songs, not just a demo made in a garage with one mic, right?
:)

You are correct, and I really appreciate the input. We will definitely take it into consideration.

Hank, we will play some shows in F-ville soon, add us on myspace, and we'll let you know when.

• Members

i usually hate this kinda {censored}. like, seriously, as soon as i saw someone mention sevendust and shinedown i was like "{censored}, this is going to be awful."

but it's actually not bad at ALL. I don't really like your singer's voice because he's doing that whole Eddie Vedder/sorta southern rock sounding but not really-vocal style way of pronouncing/forming his words, but you guys still sound good. The drummer is pretty damn good. I only listened to "the highway" and in general I liked what i heard. Cool intro and buildup, cool verse rhythm, cool breakdown, I dug the last riff in the outro...etc.

:thu:

You have two songs with the word "rain" in them though, so...:freak:

• Members

I listened to the first half of your other songs. It's all a little samey (like the same chord progressions a lot) but it still keeps it pretty interesting; plenty of bands i listen to use the same chords a lot. You guys have a good sense of knowing that you sound like other bands but you still have your own sorta thing going on that makes it unique enough for me not to just write it off as another lame faux-grunge band that listened to a Killswitch Engage album :p

• Members

Awesome job to your band, that style is easy to listen to. For a rough mix this sounds really good. The guitars sound really good in the mix, although I would try to get rid of the fizz on the distortion (just IMO). I guess thats what you get when you play that music though ;)

-D

• Members

yeah, sounds great; minor things mastering will fix- vox need to be more up front and the usual high end fizz (but this could myspace...)...compression smash happy, but not to the point of that 3rd Disturbed record (one of them was so {censored}ty sounding, the high end would make your ears bleed)...Not busting your ass, it sounds great. I love the Cornell/Alterbridge type vocals. I added you guys too. I'm really impressed by how many really good bands HCAF has.

Archived