Who makes the best Vox clone?

Berserker22

• Members

I'm interested in a AC30 w. Alnico Blues. I'm having reservations about buying anything put together in China however. I'd like to drop Bush's so-called present back into the economy by buying American. What boutique maker builds the best AC30 clones. I've searched, but haven't found much. Thanks guys.

• Members

On a humorous note, the Top Hat website boasts the Club series as having great tone without spending thousands of dollars, but they list between $1800 and $2200?

Top Hats are some of the best sounding amps I've ever heard, price be damned. :thu:

• Members

I would have to agree...Hayseed. But how about the new Vox AC30 handwired series?

Aside from the fact that the EF86 channel is way cooler than the normal channel, they're not really better, and they have no master volume, which is absolutely retarded.

And they're still made in China. $2,000? No thank you.

• Members

There's a guy in town who has the little 20 watter, and it's unreal. It's like a gutsier AC15.
:love:

Yeah it sounds like the vox stuff but not as cutting on the treble and way bassier (yet tighter). I also like what I hear of the 65 amps london.

Archived