You Canadians have some messed-up TV commercials...

MattACaster

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Those were kind of disturbing, especially the first one with the hot oil!

It wasn't hot oil, she slipped on hot oil with a huge, boiling pot of water. If you ask me, we shouldn't be wasting airspace with garbage like this. That kind of {censored} should be left up to Darwin.

• Members

i love that first one. after a while you kind of just watch it knowing that its going to happen. barrel of laughs. the scream is amazing. the only thing i would do differently is have her scream to have some hot oil in it. more like a gurgle.

From what i know, i think these are sort of influenced by the british drunk driving commercials that come out around the holiday season. those are pretty graphic as well apparently. Good times

• Members

Anyone notice the forklift didn't have a safety cage on it?

Actually these commercials get their point across, nothing says safety more than graphic violence.

As for kids seeing this, they should broadcast this stuff after 10 PM. All you whiners about kids out there have no excuse then. Put your {censored}ing kids to bed!

• Members

Thats was the one that really freaked me out. For some reason it seemed the most real out of all of them....

Yeah, a coworker I was working with at Wendy's spilt a pot like the one in that commericial of hot water all over his legs. And i've burnt myself a few times when I used to work there. And there was always a guy walking around with a big pot of chili. THAT, was an accident waiting to happen. If anybody has worked at a fast food joint, you know how slippery those floors are.

• Members

Those are not commercials from Canada. Notice, not one "Eh?" at the end of a sentence. We all know that every sentence in Canada ends with "Eh?" as per the "Eh" laws of 1924, passed and ratified in Saskatchewan, eh?

Example of a TRUE Canadian commercial.

"CALL 9-1-1, EH?! THERE'S BEEN AN ACCIDENT, EH?!"

"I'm working double time in order to go on a vacation with the family, eh?"

Those commercials = false.

• Members
Those are not commercials from Canada. Notice, not one "Eh?" at the end of a sentence. We all know that every sentence in Canada ends with "Eh?" as per the "Eh" laws of 1924, passed and ratified in Saskatchewan, eh?

You're kidding, right?:lol:

• Members

+1

If TV has taught me anything, it's that this is an accurate representation of Canada...

[YOUTUBE]kZyCVpM43MU[/YOUTUBE]

Archived