Hetfield's original Flying V tuneup

4nkam

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While they are a great live band, I don't think that any of them are particularly skilled musicians compared to many others. And Lars was clearly {censored}ing up the timing. You don't forget to keep time, over and over again, because you're not taking it seriously. Lars has always been sketchy on timing anyway (see Fight Fire with Fire). The rest of them do what they do well but none of them are virtuosos.

Like I said they are a great live act and (were) a great band... but I don't think that any of them could smoke the majority of this board on their respective instruments. Now, if you're referring to who would kick the most ass on stage, that's a different story.

Its not about how technical you are IMO. If thats what it was all about then would steve vai and bucket head and all of those other guys that are fast and technical be selling tens of millions of records? Yes Metallica's {censored} is not the hardest stuff ever in the history of the world to play but thats not what matters. Who gives a {censored} about how skilled of a musician you are if you cant make music that people want to listen to? Yeah its a given that there are better musicians out there but theres not many people that can create the songs that they have or they would have also sold tens of millions of records. Its funny to me that so many people here make fun of Metallica but will never do what they have done in there wildest dreams.

• Members

If we're talking about Bostaph, then we should be talking about Forbidden, not Testament.

Wasn't he pulling a stint in Exodus too? Metallica could DEFINITELY use some Bostaph! Hell, even Tempesta would be an improvement.

• Members

Its not about how technical you are IMO. If thats what it was all about then would steve vai and bucket head and all of those other guys that are fast and technical be selling tens of millions of records? Yes Metallica's {censored} is not the hardest stuff ever in the history of the world to play but thats not what matters. Who gives a {censored} about how skilled of a musician you are if you cant make music that people want to listen to? Yeah its a given that there are better musicians out there but theres not many people that can create the songs that they have or they would have also sold tens of millions of records. Its funny to me that so many people here make fun of Metallica but will never do what they have done in there wildest dreams.

Read my post. I never said it was "about" how technical you are, and I said they were a great band, and I've praised on many occasions their early albums, etc etc. All I was doing was responding to a post which said that the guys in Metallica could "probably smoke almost a 100% of us here." THAT'S ALL. Christ, you can't say one bad thing about Metallica without everyone throwing a hissy fit. All I said was that they weren't particularly skilled on their instruments relative to others, which is true. It doesn't mean that they aren't a great band... many great bands have rather middling musicians; many crappy bands have incredibly skilled musicians. I'm well aware of this.

• Members

I have no problem with them, dont care for St Anger of course but hope the new one has some good stuff on it.
I bought Kill 'em All in 83, saw them for the first time on the Ride tour, met Cliff and still follow them pretty closely today, in fact, there is a pic of LArs and I on the Cunning Stunts dvd. I hope they surprise alot of people with the new cd, but I doubt anyone will admit if they do.

• Members

Hmm.....it seems everyone hates Metallica and has nothing good to say about them.

Good. Maybe I'll start wearing my old Metallica shirts again. Why not concentrate your time watching bands you DO like.

Losers.

Mods, please move this post to the Sand-in-Vagina forum. Thanks.

• Members

Hmm.....it seems everyone hates Metallica and has nothing good to say about them.

Good. Maybe I'll start wearing my old Metallica shirts again. Why not concentrate your time watching bands you DO like.

Losers.

STFU and GTFO n00b. :mad: The first 4 Metallica albums are in constant rotation in my car. :cop: Load, Re-Load, St. Anger are steaming piles of {censored}.

• Members

Here's the V in action live from a performance 3 days ago. With Flea of all people.

Lars is the obvious weak link again, but IMHO:

KICK ASS.

Cool video!

However, Jaymz referring to his band as 'tallica is just moronic.

• Members
STFU and GTFO n00b.
:mad:
The first 4 Metallica albums are in constant rotation in my car.
:cop:
Load, Re-Load, St. Anger are steaming piles of {censored}.

Dude, go {censored} yourself. MetallicA rocks!!...

Even Lars ( I think he's a great drummer, not the best but who cares)

Kirk doesn't hide behind his wah. If you guys say that wah is for {censored}'s then your saying that Jimi Hendrix, Slash, Dimebag Darrell, Joe Satriani, Steve Via, Buckethead, John Fruscainte and millions of other guitar players suck. I bet Kirk could kick all your asses in a solo off while he has his guitar clean and you guys use a Dual Rectifier and a wah.!!!

• Members
Dude, go {censored} yourself. MetallicA rocks!!...

Even Lars ( I think he's a great drummer, not the best but who cares)

Kirk doesn't hide behind his wah. If you guys say that wah is for {censored}'s then your saying that Jimi Hendrix, Slash, Dimebag Darrell, Joe Satriani, Steve Via, Buckethead, John Fruscainte and millions of other guitar players suck. I bet Kirk could kick all your asses in a solo off while he has his guitar clean and you guys use a Dual Rectifier and a wah.!!!

Fanboi attack. :o

Don't mess with GodBlessTexas... he's a cool dude :mad:

Archived