Hetfield's original Flying V tuneup

4nkam

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Lars' playing myself. Totally looking forward to the new one. I much prefer Lars' playing for metallica than all the other sound a like drummers out there. Plus, some people are dumb enough to think it supposed to sound like a produced record.

• Members

Hahahaha, that thing is an enormous hunk of donkey {censored}. It's hilarious that you guys are saying it's cool. The only thing cool about it, is that a famous musician owned it. If you saw that thing on Ebay, you'd all say it was a piece of garbage, which it is. It's a cheapo, bolt-on, plywood body piece of {censored}. You can buy junk like that on Ebay all day for $50.

The guitar alone isn't worth much. OTOH, history is priceless. That guitar is a piece of history. If you can't understand why a guitar which Hetfield toured and/or recorded with, beat to hell and carved various {censored} into would be worth a ton, then I don't know what to say. Either way it's not for sale, so it's pretty irrelevant. But if it WAS on eBay, its starting price would probably be something like $20k.

• Members
+1 I wonder how many times Trujillo has kicked himself in the ass for ending up playing with a bunch of dryed up old limp dicks. The money may be the only thing keeping his heart in it.

Hell, my cover band does a better rendition of Creeping Death than that. At least our singer sings the {censored}ing lyrics.
:lol:

Maybe because he's in the one of the top 5 most well known bands of all time and by leaps and bounds the most well known heavy metal band of all time. And I promise you your cover band does not do any Metallica songs better than Metallica. :rolleyes: This forum is like a magnet for asinine statements.

• Members

I'll give you Dark Angel, Megadeth and Slayer for sure, but the original drummers for Testament and especially Kreator were far more simplistic (and overall not as good as) Lars was during his late 1980's peak.

I was into all those bands back then and everybody at the time thought the drummers from Testament and Kreator were the weakest link. Ok Lars may be Metallica's weak link too, but there's nothing from 80's Testament/Kreator that touches AJFA drum arrangements.

As far as Testament is concerned, I was referring to Bostaph; don't know much about their other drummers but Bostaph is definitely a beast on the kit. For Kreator, I don't know, he might have been a bit sloppy on the early stuff, but certainly by the time Coma of Souls was released he was in great form.

Anyhow, if you're talking about drum arrangements, you're comparing apples to oranges. AJFA is very different stylistically than anything other thrash bands were putting out at the time, and like I said a few times, all I'm comparing is technique, not arrangement or anything else. FWIW I agree that the drum arrangements on AJFA kick serious ass.

• Members

Hahahaha, that thing is an enormous hunk of donkey {censored}. It's hilarious that you guys are saying it's cool. The only thing cool about it, is that a famous musician owned it. If you saw that thing on Ebay, you'd all say it was a piece of garbage, which it is. It's a cheapo, bolt-on, plywood body piece of {censored}. You can buy junk like that on Ebay all day for $50.

that guitar was what is recorded on kill em all, ride the lightning and probably master of puppets.

• Members

It's a piece of history. Of course people think it's cool

• Members

The guitar alone isn't worth much. OTOH,
history
is priceless. That guitar is a piece of history. If you can't understand why a guitar which Hetfield toured and/or recorded with, beat to hell and carved various {censored} into would be worth a ton, then I don't know what to say. Either way it's not for sale, so it's pretty irrelevant. But if it WAS on eBay, its starting price would probably be something like $20k.

That's exactly what I'm saying. The ONLY reason why people are saying it is cool is because it's Hetfields. If it was mine, and I posted pics, those same people would say "what a piece of junk". No doubt, put it on Ebay, and it would bring a ridiculous amount.

• Members

As far as Testament is concerned, I was referring to Bostaph; don't know much about their other drummers but Bostaph is definitely a beast on the kit. For Kreator, I don't know, he might have been a bit sloppy on the early stuff, but certainly by the time Coma of Souls was released he was in great form.

If we're talking about Bostaph, then we should be talking about Forbidden, not Testament.

• Members

that guitar was what is recorded on kill em all, ride the lightning and probably master of puppets.

Which goes towards proving my point. Gear snobs will turn their nose up at much nicer guitars because they're not USA made Gibson or Fenders and such, but record a few classic metal albums with it, and it's suddenly an icon of epic proportions. Silly isn't it.

I imagine it probably plays quite well, and sounds pretty good. Plus, the fact that it is a cheapo, excuses the fact that it's beat to {censored}.

• Members

Which goes towards proving my point. Gear snobs will turn their nose up at much nicer guitars because they're not USA made Gibson or Fenders and such, but record a few classic metal albums with it, and it's suddenly an icon of epic proportions. Silly isn't it.

What kind of point are you trying to make? Why is that silly? People get excited about historic stuff. You don't get excited over stuff? It's idol worship for god sake, that's what most of rock and roll is built upon.

• Members

I'll give you Dark Angel, Megadeth and Slayer for sure, but the original drummers for Testament and especially Kreator were far more simplistic (and overall not as good as) Lars was during his late 1980's peak.

I was into all those bands back then and everybody at the time thought the drummers from Testament and Kreator were the weakest link. Ok Lars may be Metallica's weak link too, but there's nothing from 80's Testament/Kreator that touches AJFA drum arrangements.

I agree with you on the first Testament drummer, Louie Clemente. He wasn't a very good drummer, hence why he got replaced when things got more serious. Kreator always had a good drummer, Ventor. He has awesome double bass skills and, to me, much more technical and aggressive drumming, more thrashlike. Lars isn't the best drummer out there, that's for sure. But I'm okay with that, the music Metallica made was just awesome enough for not having to have double bass everywhere or fills and all that. I like the drumming on KEA up to AJFA or even the Black Album, but he's no Dave Lombardo for sure.

• Members

From what I can tell it look like Mahogany.. So there goes your "plywood" BS..

• Members
From what I can tell it look like Mahogany.. So there goes your "plywood" BS..

Mahogany? Are you blind? Where is this imaginary mahogany you're seeing? :freak:

That, my synaptically challenged friend, is plywood.

• Members

I cant beleive how seriously you guys are taking an unimportant practice/rehearsal video. I dont know about you, but my rehearsal performances arent quite like my live performances. I am pretty sure that no matter how "terrible" of musicians they are....they will probably smoke almost a 100% of us here.

• Members

I cant beleive how seriously you guys are taking an unimportant practice/rehearsal video. I dont know about you, but my rehearsal performances arent quite like my live performances. I am pretty sure that no matter how "terrible" of musicians they are....they will probably smoke almost a 100% of us here.

+ 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Archived