Tell me about the Fender Super Reverb....

Cliff Fiscal

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The reissues say "Musical Instruments" this one says "Elec. Inst. Co."

Right. Blonde/Brn/BF Amps made through 1964 said "Elec. Inst. Co.". Those made later said "Fender Musical Instruments". That's why I was thinking the chassis was '64. Guess there are repro '64 panels out there too.

- WOT

• Members

It's not too bad.....I can carry it in one hand......and having it be taller then wide, it's not as much of a pain in the ass as my 2x12 combos with big iron.

this amp is gorgeous, congratulations. It looks even better than mine!

• Members
It was modded by the local amp tech.:thu:

Yea, they all claim to know what their doing most don't. Sure they'll change a few caps and resistors and call it Black Faced. Big Deal. People were doing that to Blackface amps before there were Silverface amps. Or they pull out the Master Volume and call it Black Faced, I see no reason for this mod at all. Years ago in my Dads shop guys brought us their Blackface amps to put Master Volumes in, because they wanted something more like a Marshall. A few years later Fender caught on, and started putting them in Twins and other amps.

I have played it.....on wednesday I stopped in, and it was great. :love: Really great. Sounded just as you described along with very well balanced.

Here's the link again.
spx[/url][/
http://www.marcsguitarshop.com/ViewItem/1190.aQUOTE]

• Members
:lol:

What type of speakers does it have? How do you like the 10s?

I've already fallen in love with it.
:love:

How does it take pedals?

It's just the old blue label jensens in it. They're ok, but a little flat. I've been thinking of picking up some WGS 10s to put in there.

I use an old tube screamer and a bunch of different wah's (mostly dunlop and morley) with it and they all work great with it. I had a couple of old mxr delays and ODs that I mistakenly got rid of that went great with it as well. On the flip side, my digitech rack stuff sounds like crap with it. That could be a function of the amp or simply that it's digitech rack stuff (2112/2120, RP5).

Archived