so, EVH 'invented' tapping eh

shreder75

• Members

dudes dudes dudes =) you're putting way too much thought into this whole {censored}ing post...lol

but I have to say....thank you thank you THANK YOU for reminding me why I rarely come here these days....my memory must be failing me in my old age..

gotta say, I don't miss this board where it seems most people just lie in wait to find a post they can disprove or give their reasons as to why the original poster was wrong for whatever reasons =)

enjoy the vid =)

• Members

dudes dudes dudes =) you're putting way too much thought into this whole {censored}ing post...lol

but I have to say....thank you thank you THANK YOU for reminding me why I rarely come here these days....my memory must be failing me in my old age..

gotta say, I don't miss this board where it seems most people just lie in wait to find a post they can disprove or give their reasons as to why the original poster was wrong for whatever reasons =)

enjoy the vid =)

Intentionally trolling and then complaining about the quality of the ensuing discourse is like going to a whorehouse and then complaining that you can't meet any nice girls there. :rolleyes:

Thank you for reminding us why this place is filled with vitriol and sarcasm. :love:

• Members

Vitriol and sarcasm aside, that was a great vid. Nice to get a break from brutal death and listen to some great bluegrass melodies. The jerry rice/chet video was great too. Definitely surprised to see him sweep picking. His tone could have been better though. :cop:

• Members
its kinda funny how simple guitar riffs and solos were the "difficult thing" about 30 years ago, and now the average metal guitar player can sweep and do all the fancy {censored}...

it makes me wonder how the talent in the guitarists 30yrs from now will just destroy players of 2day with speed and acuracy

I've read stupider things here..............I think...............maybe..................hmmmm, maybe not.

• Members

There are plenty of metal leads that have tons of feeling. Not really talking about a Slayer solo here, but check out Selkies: The Endless Obsession by Between the Buried and Me. Even if it's not your type of music, just listen to it all the way through. The ending is genius. Slow lead that has tons of feeling and sweeps that make all sorts of manly and heroic feelings pump through your veins.

lolz

I really enjoy listening to Metal don't get me wrong I just find much of the blazing lead playing boring after awhile. Slower metal lead is so much better IMO. I know for many metal guitar players speed is king, but it dosen't impress me much.

• Members

its kinda funny how simple guitar riffs and solos were the "difficult thing" about 30 years ago, and now the average metal guitar player can sweep and do all the fancy {censored}...

it makes me wonder how the talent in the guitarists 30yrs from now will just destroy players of 2day with speed and acuracy

I doubt it. Watch a Paul Gilbert or Vinnie Moore vid from two decades ago; their speed and accuracy then (and now) is on the level of anyone from today. The "best" guitarists today (in terms of speed and accuracy) aren't significantly, if at all, better than the "best" guitarists 20 years ago. There are perhaps more of them out there, but that too is debatable (how many people were running scales and sweeps and copping Yngwie riffs in their bedrooms in the 80s? They just didn't have youtube).

On the other hand, I'd like to see the average metal player try to attempt some Chet Atkins... I know I sure as hell couldn't.

• Members

I've read stupider things here..............I think...............maybe..................hmmmm, maybe not.

What, you don't think that music is all about speed and acuracy?

You must be one of those old school players who play with feeling and {censored} like that.

Get with the times man and play some mindless, robotic bull{censored}. ;)

• Members

On the other hand, I'd like to see the average metal player try to attempt some Chet Atkins... I know I sure as hell couldn't.

No kidding. A few years ago I put some effort into learning travis picking. It's hard as hell. I also tried to pick up some hot country playing with all those double stops and chicken pickin. Again it's 10 times harder than it looks.

Archived