Why is it that every amp demo, amateur or pro, is 10million notes per second?

Angry Grimace

• Members

An electric guitar playing by itself with nothing but 16th and 32nd notes is going to sound pretty much the same as anything with an equal amount of distortion. Why does everyone, including the manufacturers themselves, insist on showing off these stupid single note demos going a mile a minute. :freak: Am I supposed to tricked into believing I will be able to play that fast if I buy said amp? :freak:

I'd honestly rather hear every amp clip be done by just playing three power chords and an A major. :o

Trut.

• Members

They're trying their best to hide any hint of composition or inspiring improvisation.

Personally I'm rather tired of the heavy chugga chugga clips as well. Too few clips highlighting the cleans and lower gain tones!

• Members

I'd honestly rather hear every amp clip be done by just playing three power chords and an A major. :o

Trut.

QFT although I prefer the G-Major chord but A-Major ranks up there with it.

When I test amps on the gain channels I just play some powerchords and a G-Major. If the powerchords are chunky and I can hear all the notes in the G-Major I'm happy.

• Members

They're trying their best to hide any hint of composition or inspiring improvisation.

Personally I'm rather tired of the heavy chugga chugga clips as well. Too few clips highlighting the cleans and lower gain tones!

I just want to hear some chords. I don't care about chugging. I dunno...for the most part, most songs are chords.

• Members

How many times are you going to post this thread?
:freak:

That was one was bitchin about people who just talk the whole time on youtube.

I was referring more to actual manufacturers and sellers demos...you would think they would do a better job than random youtube dudes.

• Members

An electric guitar playing by itself with nothing but 16th and 32nd notes is going to sound pretty much the same as anything with an equal amount of distortion. Why does everyone, including the manufacturers themselves, insist on showing off these stupid single note demos going a mile a minute.
Am I supposed to tricked into believing I will be able to play that fast if I buy said amp?

I'd honestly rather hear every amp clip be done by just playing three power chords and an A major.
:o

Trut.

Actually I would like to see fast and slow soloing

Fast and slow riffing.

Get an idea of the amps response to ALL types of playing.

• Members

Bacuse nOObs can't play fast and they're easily impressed,

they'll buy it if you can play it.

but you would know better than I....a n00bs money is just as good as a pros :o

Someone forgot to tell that to alex dumble tho...he could be rich off the money of SRV-loving, telecaster slinging, Gear Page-posting lawyers

Archived