I'm on my way to pick up a 5150 combo...

guitarbilly74

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You guys really have me gassin' for the combo. :mad:

I need to wait and check out the Vypyr first though as that would suit my needs better. It better come out quick. Having cash and GAS at the same time is a weak willed person's nightmare.

But it's lots of fun too. :thu:

• Members
it works!!! I can stay on the crunch channel and get a lower gain tone with the footswitch.. and if I switch to my neck single coil I can roll off the volume a bit and nice a nice clean tone on the low gain mode... wow!

Yeah I always thought that was a cool little trick. It can be useful, because I actually like the tone that both inputs can provide, so it just adds more flexibility to an amp that everyone thinks is a "1 trick pony"..:lol:

• Members

Once you've picked it up and have it at chest height, it's a breeze. :poke:

Yup. {censored} the handles, bend down put your arms around that bitch and pick it up, definitly the best way to carry this amp.. ANd keep a dolly in your car/van to roll it in and out of the gig..

• Members
which ones? oh riiiiiiiiiiiiight... the ones that didn't.

:cop:

You know when you climb a gym rope? And one of the knots hit you in the balls when you are sliding down? That is what your average contribution to life is.

• Members
Yeah I always thought that was a cool little trick. It can be useful, because I actually like the tone that both inputs can provide, so it just adds more flexibility to an amp that everyone thinks is a "1 trick pony"..
:lol:

I wish I had known that trick. It was one of the reasons I got rid of it. The weight and the on stage foot switch options.

• Members

Played the rhythm channel without the crunch button today for an hour or so and it is awesome! Dime the gain and it is very cool. Lots of harmonics almost like a single channel amp! :) I have always used the crunch button and I think I will play without it for a little bit.

I tried the low input trick and it is sweet. You can roll of the volume and get a not too bad clean.

Archived