I'm on my way to pick up a 5150 combo...

guitarbilly74

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well, good luck with it, i never hear good things after about six months. but usually the last 5 months are just the owners convincing themselves that they like the sound it is making.

I'm pretty sure I can break even if I ever need to sell it, but I've had god experience with Peavey amps, I used to have a Classic 50 head and I loved it.

• Members

Can the combos handle high volumes without becoming a mess?

Yeah, they hold up fine. No problem in a mix with a loud drummer. But higher volume is where the stock speakers start to show their weak points. At lower volumes the stock speakers don

• Members

With stock tubes, hi gain input and full pre-gain on lead channel, its feedback/mess/mush city for sure.

but WHO would use full pre gain on the lead channel??? That's just insanity!!!

I am getting ALL the gain I need with the gain set to 5 !!!

That just reinforce my impression that a lot of the bad reviews are due to user error

• Members

Great {censored}in amp dude you will love it screw these guys that say it sucks they are preps, (I would love a bogner too but they are not $450) change the tubes and speakers. My main bitch was the clean channel and the weight of the thing, it's a backbreaker. P.S. get an EQ pedal and never look back.

• Members

Also you can order the channel switch for $40 from peavey but it's plastic, I bought an old marshall channel pedal and gutted it and put the 5150 pedal guts in it so it was solid.

I used a 2 button Marshall footswitch not too long ago. I didn't like it because it didn't have LEDS and I didn't know if I was on the right channel (using some other dudes amp for a show) And I could hardly hear myself. :mad:

• Members

I had my luthier drill the holes put the lights from the peavey switch in man, it looks great and I put a killer wildass paint job on it. If this thread is still hoppin tommorrow I will post a pic.

• Members

I had my luthier drill the holes put the lights from the peavey switch in man, it looks great and
I put a killer wildass paint job on it. If this thread is still hoppin tommorrow I will post a pic

Oh it will be. I'll just bump it if it's not.

Archived