I'm on my way to pick up a 5150 combo...

guitarbilly74

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rhythm Channel: Bright Switch AND Crunch Switch ON

Pre-Gain: 6.5

Bass: 6.5

Mids: 8.5

Treb: 5

Res: 5

Pres: 5

Post-Gain to whatever you can crank it too. 3-4 really {censored}ing rips.

By using the Rhythm channel, I'm not getting nearly as much fizz as from the lead channel. I love it.

• Members

Questions:

1-My amp did not come with the footswitch. I really don't like the Peavey plastic footswitch, does anyone know if a generic 2 button f/s would work??

2- Can this amp be modded to make the crunch/clean switch footswitchable instead of the reverb?

Thx!!!!!

• Members

Going to magically sound different after a month, is it...?
:lol:

not magically different...

bad.

it will sound bad. and its not like it'll just start to after a month, oh on...he'll just start to notice it.

• Members

Questions:

1-My amp did not come with the footswitch. I really don't like the Peavey plastic footswitch, does anyone know if a generic 2 button f/s would work??

2- Can this amp be modded to make the crunch/clean switch footswitchable instead of the reverb?

Thx!!!!!

Yep, I think Behringer makes some sort of metal chassis generic 2 button footswtich.

• Members
I actually have a pair of real V30s laying around. I will try them tomorrow
:)

I have plenty of v30 cabs laying around. Clones sound better with Peavey amps then Celestion v30's. Even the Celestion relic 30 sounds better then the v30. Peavey amps don't need the extra mid spike of the Celestion v30's.

• Members

I have plenty of v30 cabs laying around. Clones sound better with Peavey amps then Celestion v30's. Even the Celestion relic 30 sounds better then the v30. Peavey amps don't need the extra mid spike of the Celestion v30's.

oh cool.. I didn't realize the clone was different.. I will look into it.

• Members

oh cool.. I didn't realize the clone was different.. I will look into it.

Look right here:thu: If you have never purchased anything from them they are great to deal with. http://warehousespeakers.com/proddetail.php?prod=veteran30_12&PHPSESSID=13e93188d72da3416afd920ce8036bec

The relic 30's are great too but they were discontinued and are getting a bit harder to find.

Archived