Just because Killswitch Engaged uses something doesn't mean you have to

Angry Grimace

• Members

Those guys are more of gear whores than even you guys, and memo: they don't sound any different on any of their albums; it's all screaming guy while they play various power chords based around an open low "C." Stop paying attention to whatever {censored} some company sends them for free and get your own freakin' sound. :o

I think half you guys are probably waiting for Killswitch to tell you which toilet paper to use, and you'd probably import it from Ishibashi if necessary

[/rant]

I thought you dudes had gotten over Killswitch two albums ago. How did it come back to this?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"tongue in cheek" my ass... you're on a preachy rant and you know it.:poke:

I'll admit when I was 19 I thought htey were cool...but then I grew up and stopped listening to grown men screaming tunelessly into the mic

if that's you're cup of tea that's fine, but I don't relaly get obsessing over their gear. They use so much distortion is basically doens't matter what they use.

• Members

I thought you dudes had gotten over Killswitch two albums ago. How did it come back to this?

TBH I have noticed a bit of this goin around.

That said I've started to base all my tones off of "Rose of Sharyn" :love:

Only gear I have that they used is a Triamp, but that is purely coincidential.

• Members

I sincerely hope the rest of the forums gets that it's tongue in cheek.

Why is it tongue in cheek? It should be dead serious. Yeah you're whining about {censored} that doesnt matter and you actually care, but the whole "What gear does so and so use?" is the worst excuse for the internet ever!! If any of these self professed and proud gear whores would just play their damn guitar more often than buying the same gear that someone else uses they would probably give up!! :lol: Im sure if they didnt have the excitement of new gear, then the excitement of guitar would wane quickly..

• Members

Why is it tongue in cheek? It should be dead serious. Yeah you're whining about {censored} that doesnt matter and you actually care, but the whole "What gear does so and so use?" is the worst excuse for the internet ever!! If any of these self professed and proud gear whores would just play their damn guitar more often than buying the same gear that someone else uses they would probably give up!!
:lol:
Im sure if they didnt have the excitement of new gear, then the excitement of guitar would wane quickly..

Becuase it's not really my business what other people want to buy...even if it's kind of silly. The funny thing to me is that for the most part Killswitch always sounds the same.

• Members

I'll admit when I was 19 I thought htey were cool...but then I grew up and stopped listening to grown men screaming tunelessly into the mic

if that's you're cup of tea that's fine, but I don't relaly get obsessing over their gear. They use so much distortion is basically doens't matter what they use.

This post is obviously just meant to bait people (i.e. me)... whatever. I'm not a fan of the band, but I think they have good tone. End of story (for me anyway).

As for the first statement, "growing up" does not mean you no longer listen to music which appeals to you. If you don't like a certain type of music any more, that's fine; but it has nothing to do with you growing up.

• Members

This post is obviously just meant to bait people (i.e. me)... whatever. I'm not a fan of the band, but I think they have good tone. End of story (for me anyway).

As for the first statement, "growing up" does not mean you no longer listen to music which appeals to you. If you don't like a certain type of music any more, that's fine; but it has nothing to do with you growing up.

Tell me that when you're 35 and still listening to death metal.

• Members

I heard Adam D. uses Charmin because it doesn't irritate his skin. So I am going to try it. Perhaps it has good tone?

Do you want me to pick up some tampons for you while I'm at the store? Sounds like you might need some. :thu:

• Members

Tell me that when you're 35 and still listening to death metal.

I'll be sure to look you up in 10 years :rolleyes:

What, you don't think I run into 40+ year old guys at death metal shows? {censored} man, half the bands I listen to have guys in their late thirties at the very least.

And whether or not you ever "grew up" in the first place is debatable:poke:

• Members

I'll be sure to look you up in 10 years
:rolleyes:

What, you don't think I run into 40+ year old guys at death metal shows? {censored} man, half the bands I listen to have guys in their late thirties at the very least.

And whether or not you ever "grew up" in the first place is debatable:poke:

I do still know one guy in his 40s who's a death metal holdover. He lives in a one-bedroom apartmetn and sold all his gear recently to afford to eat

• Members

I read an interesting psych journal once about the anonymity of the internet. It mentioned how some people, often called "trolls," use it as a veil of security from which they could berate others to vent the frustrations of their usually meaningless daily lives without any consequences.

Just thought you'd like to know. ;)

Archived