Just because Killswitch Engaged uses something doesn't mean you have to

Angry Grimace

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I'll admit when I was 19 I thought htey were cool...but then I grew up and stopped listening to grown men screaming tunelessly into the mic

if that's you're cup of tea that's fine, but I don't relaly get obsessing over their gear. They use so much distortion is basically doens't matter what they use.

lolz. :cop:

• Members
Why is it tongue in cheek? It should be dead serious. Yeah you're whining about {censored} that doesnt matter and you actually care, but the whole "What gear does so and so use?" is the worst excuse for the internet ever!! If any of these self professed and proud gear whores would just play their damn guitar more often than buying the same gear that someone else uses they would probably give up!!
:lol:
Im sure if they didnt have the excitement of new gear, then the excitement of guitar would wane quickly..

maybe people like the tone they hear and want to try it for themselves. just because they have the same gear doesnt mean they'll sound exactly the same. getting the same amp as someone, unless it's the brian may sig vox, won't sound like the artist unless you eq it the same and run all the same peripherals. i got a framus dragon because i loved the tone that the human abstract got with them, but i didnt make mine sound like they did at all.

• Members
wat

if you go on message boards to get people to like you, you're doing internet wrong

:rolleyes: You suck at life if you feel the need to habitually troll said internet. Not saying that this is a troll thread, but you've trolled alot in the past you {censored}.

• Members
:rolleyes:
You suck at life if you feel the need to habitually troll said internet. Not saying that this is a troll thread, but you've trolled alot in the past you {censored}.

wat

because YOU {censored}ting your pants over a joke thread means I'm the "{censored}" who "fails at life."

More likely, it means you're a sensitive sally and with enough sand in your vagina that if you were Japanese I could probably get a full on mikimoto pearl necklace out of it

• Members
that wasnt bad til the guy started screaming for no reason
:confused:

Yeah I actually like that cover, except for the stupid breakdown thing in the middle. Their singer can do some pretty damn good Dio. He should get out of Killswitch and join a power metal band :cop:

• Members
Yeah I actually like that cover, except for the stupid breakdown thing in the middle. Their singer can do some pretty damn good Dio. He should get out of Killswitch and join a power metal band
:cop:

I honestly don't think he has a very "rock" singing voice. It's alright, but I don't think it's particularly special, and I doubt they hired him on the strength of his singing voice.

• Members
What, do you think they hired him because he's black?
:confused:

ahaha

cause black guys fit in SO well with hardcore music!

No, probably because his singing voice was passable and he has a very throaty sounding screaming voice. As "screaming" vocals go, he's not nearly as grating as some people, like say that idiot from Trivium.

• Members

ahaha

No, probably because his singing voice was passable and he has a very throaty sounding screaming voice. As "screaming" vocals go, he's not nearly as grating as some people, like say that idiot from Trivium.

actually, they do. but killswitch engage is pretty far from "hardcore music." more like mtv/radio metal.

• Members

I think his singing voice is better than his screams... though neither is really my kind of style. But I don't think he's ever sounded better than in that Holy Diver cover. To me, anyway. But it really doesn't matter because I don't even listen to KsE...

• Members

I think his singing voice is better than his screams... though neither is really my kind of style. But I don't think he's ever sounded better than in that Holy Diver cover. To me, anyway. But it really doesn't matter because I don't even listen to KsE...

i never understood this. howard's singing voice is so awful to me. i seem to be in the minority but i can't accept that i'm wrong when i can't make it through a whole chorus with him

• Members

ahaha

his screaming voice is different in his other band. i like that band better than kse. they are more hardcore.

Archived