When ur 2nd guitarist sucks...

ProjectBert

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

if he's not the kind of guy that you can talk to about that kind of stuff, then there's probably not much of a future with him in a band context unless you're willing to play at a speed that he can keep up.

so, either be patient while he gets better, fire him and get someone closer to your level, or quit and do something else. those are really the only options you have....well, ALMOST the only options you have. there's also A2M/GAPE and murder/suicide:cop:

trut

• Members

I notice that all you guys are telling this guy that HE is the problem, when nobody has heard clips of the band yet (or at least influences/approximates). Depending on what they're trying to play, maybe the 2nd guitarist is actually a big liability and hindering their ability as a band to shred as hard and as fast as they can.

• Members

Clearly.. ANother n00b who has this "same problem".

You are just too fast and awesome for anybody to play with.

Jesus you kids these days, I would hand over your ass

easily on creativity and just playing period.

And speed comes 2nd nauture with these things

so it wouldnt be just faster, It would be alot more precise.

You guys need to mature around the music a couple more years

and you will see the point here.

obviously since you can read (well done) it came to your attention that i am a junior member lol(whatever that means). The assumption was obviously made on your behalf that since i am JUNIOR in this forum i cannot be an experienced guitarist in any way and you felt the need to insult my intelligence and guitar playing, righting me off as a player and a NOOB KID LMAO.In fact i have been playing for 14 years have studied at an Australian conservatorium and currently i am furthering my guitar playing at a university under a world renowned guitarist who i wont name, obviously he feels that my guitar playing is refined enough to study under him hopefully giving me better skills. The life of a guitarist is a never ending lesson, i believe that if you talk to any accomplished player, they will tell you that no matter how long they have played for, something new is learnt each day.just the fact that you stated "I would hand over your ass easily on creativity and just playing period." shows that there is no humility in your approach to playing and you feel the need to promote your greatness by trying to put others down to make you feel better about yourself,(playing guitar is not a competition with anyone other than yourself)the sooner you learn this oh legendary senior member in harmony central forum the better. With respect to what i originally wrote about playing to a rhythm book with a metronome i stand by it, however i obviously did not read closely enough and after re reading what was originally posted i stand by what i said except for one point which i didnt add, the original poster needs to work on his own playing as well if he cannot play slow that is just as bad as not playing fast, a rhythm book and a metronome will fix this too. I would seriously doubt that any player including yourself would keep playing in a band with someone who doesnt cut it. AS i stated originally i have had this problem and there is nothing worse than wasting time with a player who shows no improvement and cannot keep up with the rest of the band.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO SHOOT SOMEONE DOWN AND IN THE FUTURE TRY HAVING SOME HUMILITY THIS MAY HELP YOU BETTER YOURSELF AS A PERSON AND A GUITARIST

• Members
obviously since you can read (well done) it came to your attention that i am a junior member lol(whatever that means). The assumption was obviously made on your behalf that since i am JUNIOR in this forum i cannot be an experienced guitarist in any way and you felt the need to insult my intelligence and guitar playing, righting me off as a player and a NOOB KID LMAO.In fact i have been playing for 14 years have studied at an Australian conservatorium and currently i am furthering my guitar playing at a university under a world renowned guitarist who i wont name, obviously he feels that my guitar playing is refined enough to study under him hopefully giving me better skills. The life of a guitarist is a never ending lesson, i believe that if you talk to any accomplished player, they will tell you that no matter how long they have played for, something new is learnt each day.just the fact that you stated "I would hand over your ass easily on creativity and just playing period." shows that there is no humility in your approach to playing and you feel the need to promote your greatness by trying to put others down to make you feel better about yourself,(playing guitar is not a competition with anyone other than yourself)the sooner you learn this oh legendary senior member in harmony central forum the better. With respect to what i originally wrote about playing to a rhythm book with a metronome i stand by it, however i obviously did not read closely enough and after re reading what was originally posted i stand by what i said except for one point which i didnt add, the original poster needs to work on his own playing as well if he cannot play slow that is just as bad as not playing fast, a rhythm book and a metronome will fix this too. I would seriously doubt that any player including yourself would keep playing in a band with someone who doesnt cut it. AS i stated originally i have had this problem and there is nothing worse than wasting time with a player who shows no improvement and cannot keep up with the rest of the band.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO SHOOT SOMEONE DOWN AND IN THE FUTURE TRY HAVING SOME HUMILITY THIS MAY HELP YOU BETTER YOURSELF AS A PERSON AND A GUITARIST

:blah::blah:

:wave:

:bor:

Not even going to waste my time kid.
Goodnight. Get better. STFU. n00b :mad:

• Members

obviously you iether dont have the brain power or attention span to comprehend what i have said in reply to your useless post so i guess we will agree that you are horribly wrong and need to take a long hard look at yourself.

I suspect that since you have spent so much time on this forum and after looking at your posts most of your responses are very badly thought out,i have come to the conclusion that you like talking about yourself and your supposedly awesome guitar playing. however anyone who spends this much time insulting anything or anyone who you come across most probably donsnt have much time to actually play guitar or pursue the greatness which you claim to have.

MAYBE LOG OFF AND TRY PLAYING SOME GUITAR

another thought that came to me was that since you most probably are not some virtuoso, you feel the need to pump up your own ego in a place like this instead of actually going out and playing guitar to promote some sort of reputation in the real world.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR INFLATED EGO IT WONT GET YOU FAR WITH ANYONE WHO IS OF ANY SUBSTANCE IN THE REAL WORLD

• Members

also this whole young noob kid stuff gives me the s$%ts because whoever posts is entitled to their own opinion and obviously nobody knows how old, how good a guitarist, or how experienced i am LOL:poke:

• Members

i believe that anyone who attacks someone so easily without thought deserves to have that attack analyzed and responded to as i have done with PlagueOfSorrow. in my opinion i have hit the nail on the head as PlagueOfSorrow has not replied with any gusto and most probably realizes that what i have said is truth and does not want to take the matter further as this will only show his own short comings.

• Members

I will address your concerns one by one.

Nobody knows how old I am.

The real question is not of age but of maturity. You might be 90, I don't know, but if you're not quite grown up enough to avoid being baited into a brick of text and then another post where you can barely contain your e-anger, what is your age worth?

Age is a measure of how long you've managed to go without dying. So, for what it's worth, good on you for making it this far ;)

Nobody knows how good a guitarist I am.

Post a thread with a bunch of clips and solve that one right off the bat! Just don't say you're using a solid state amp or digital modelers, people will crucify you :eek:

Nobody knows how experienced I am.

What is experience worth if it doesn't impart wisdom? Has your experience given you the self-confidence to resist being trolled in an internet forum where the two biggest attractions currently are a thread about hot chicks from around the world and an e-investigation of the one forum member who has claimed to be a girl? Has your experience given you the strength of character to remain level-headed when a complete stranger questions your abilities?

This thread started with someone who could use some experience, I think, and maybe given his relative humility in addressing the questions and jabs of the acerbic amps forum crowd, he will benefit from experience. I question the value of the experience you're claiming no one knows you have if you can't out-self-control a guy who was mostly worried that his friend couldn't keep up with his 16th note "skillz."

• Members

good points all of em

this is the sort of response i was hoping for from PlagueOfSorrow

LOL i like the point about the modellers which i dont use, everything is analog with a boogie powering it

in fact i wasnt trolled int o this forum i came here to ask about a 1981 pt9 which i was having problems with and noticed this thread. after having some experience with useless band members myself i posted a reply that i thought might help the thread starter. This was promptly written off by another member who as you say questioned my abilities. essentially i did offer an answer which would help however i did not read the original post well enough and should have done so offering the opinion which i have now done which is both guitarists need to work on their time.
my issue was only concerning some self inflated fellow who couldnt help but attack my abilities, once again i would agree with you i should have said to myself this guy deosnt know what he is talking about but i could not let what he said lie.;)

• Members
I will address your concerns one by one.

The real question is not of age but of maturity. You might be 90, I don't know, but if you're not quite grown up enough to avoid being baited into a brick of text and then another post where you can barely contain your e-anger, what is your age worth?

Age is a measure of how long you've managed to go without dying. So, for what it's worth, good on you for making it this far
;)

Post a thread with a bunch of clips and solve that one right off the bat! Just don't say you're using a solid state amp or digital modelers, people will crucify you
:eek:

What is experience worth if it doesn't impart wisdom? Has your experience given you the self-confidence to resist being trolled in an internet forum where the two biggest attractions currently are a thread about hot chicks from around the world and an e-investigation of the one forum member who has claimed to be a girl? Has your experience given you the strength of character to remain level-headed when a complete stranger questions your abilities?

This thread started with someone who could use some experience, I think, and maybe given his relative humility in addressing the questions and jabs of the acerbic amps forum crowd, he will benefit from experience. I question the value of the experience you're claiming no one knows you have if you can't out-self-control a guy who was mostly worried that his friend couldn't keep up with his 16th note "skillz."

Yeah, but for all you know the kid who made the thread could be great and is just a dumbass when it comes to talking or explaining himself.

Don't get me wrong. I think the thread is stupid... but you don't know...

• Members

You can call me a noob because I am to this forum, but some of us noobs have been playing for 30 years.The way you are coming across doesn't make you sound any more mature than the original poster.Sorry but lighten up on the guy.:)

• Members

ever thought about helping the guy??

+1

i've always played with guys whose skill level aren't quite where mine is...if the guy has a good attitude and work ethic, then work with him

the last handful of guitarists i've played with worked out extremely well...because we wrote well together, we could complement each others' style, and i took the time to help them get their technique together

• Members

BEST ANSWER OF ALL TIME. Similarly, I just started jamming with guys who are better than me and I can feel myself getting better. Any guitar player worth his salt and willing to learn will get better. If your 2nd guitar is happy just plunking along at his current playing abilities forever, ditch him.

we've played in a band for 2 years almost, split up for 6 months, I came back as new guitarist (came from bassist).

and he had the same problem, that's why the 2nd and the 1st guitarist had arguements in playing back then... so basicly he didn't improve that well.

And I'm not a fast and sloppy guitarist, I tend to play fast and maybe sloppy, (but syill in rhythm) in my songs for the band, but my clean/slow parts are not sloppy at all, I hardly play bum notes during slow leads.

and when I try to help him he disses me for being intollerant towards his slow progress -_-" he's been playing 3 years longer !

Archived