When ur 2nd guitarist sucks...

ProjectBert

• Members

I still think the serious suggestion for him to play half-tempo modulated chords with different harmonic relationships to your primary riffing is a great one. It would add a lot of depth to your music and it wouldn't alienate the other guitarist.

And I'm not a fast and sloppy guitarist, I tend to play fast and maybe sloppy

:D

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I suspected this thread would turn out this way.

I'm going to guess that you're a fast-n'-sloppy guitarist. No comment on the other guy. You're going to need to tighten it up and learn to play at any speed if you want to do well as a guitarist, man. No bull{censored} about it, you're just as limited as him if all you can do is "16ths" (as though that were a measurement of speed, what's the BPM? I'm pretty sure my grandma could do 32nds at 25bmp, I guess she shreds harder than you do!)

You come off as a self-inflated amateur by posting this way. Especially the bit about other bands interested in your skillz...

Lack of humility and boasting about SPEED, SPEED, SPEED: Check

Diagnosis: Asshole Guitarist Syndrome

Prescription: 1 reality check, taken orally or as a suppository.

OOOOH now I'm the asshole -_-" seriously, stop offending me when I ask advice on how to deal with my 2nd guitarist/best friend ... and when I tab my songs, they're at about 160, but we also put in slow parts, but when I want to have the flow/brootalz going on in a riff, and he does a chord and no mutes it's kinda hard for me to agree.

I know he can get there in a year or less, but is it worth waiting that long and stuff, I mean....

and I know offbeats could do the trick but ... it won't work, I guess... and I know we can harmonize, we try to solve it most of the time by doing it that way, but I don't want to solve everything in a way he doesn't have to try and work on his tempo/speed I mean I was killing myself when I had to bass in our band 2 years ago at that tempo why didn't he progress -_-"

• Members
I still think the serious suggestion for him to play half-tempo modulated chords with different harmonic relationships to your primary riffing is a great one. It would add a lot of depth to your music and it wouldn't alienate the other guitarist.

:D

make it "sometimes" sloppy, that was basicly what I meant :) I think I can play pretty accurate, but when I like make an error it gets ... cumulative :) and I need to get a grip off myself by like, the next bar/part of song before I got it back :)

Archived