TesseracT:Rough clip with Axe FX showing off some of its effects & Superior 2

Tesseract

• Members

So now, is the majority of the gain your using on that clip comming from your TC pedal or the Ax? I'm super interested in getting an AX to replace my Pod Pro in my live set up.

I've tried email you a few times via the ol' myspace and ya haven't quite gotten back to me man. I'd love to chat with you about some stuff through there.

Sorry dude i've been a bit slack on the old myspace latly! Just been to busy. I do check it but im just {censored} at replying when im busy. Mos and abi have been taking care of the myspace/website alot latly (hence the bodge job on the website lol). But yeah apologies mate! Im better with emails :)

• Members

Hehe yeh a glorified pod but with good reason since the effects are amazing and the feel is great. I still like my POD though...simply cos ive used it for so long. I mean what thordendal does with the Vetta II is {censored}ing :eek:when you hear it in person. I think they're using Axe FX now apparently...curious to hear em live with it!!!

Frederick is indeed using the AxeFx Ultra live now.

BTW, make sure you load the latest firmware if you haven't. Some nice improvements.

• Members

You are getting closer bro, much better than your first take with the axe-fx. Sounds more full but would like a tad more upper mids for a better cut imo. I have a sub working and the bass is a tad hot.

LOVED the drums at :39, man you really can nail a killer change :thu:

• Members

Frederick is indeed using the AxeFx Ultra live now.

BTW, make sure you load the latest firmware if you haven't. Some nice improvements.

:poke: Its Fredrik :p

Yeah man i have the latest firmware..well the latest being whatever version it was a couple of weeks ago...4.18 i think?

Thanks for the comments! :)

I'm moving house next week so i'm not gonna be able to do much recording at the moment which sucks. I am expecting a nice

• Members

:poke: Its Fredrik :p

Yeah man i have the latest firmware..well the latest being whatever version it was a couple of weeks ago...4.18 i think?

Thanks for the comments! :)

I'm moving house next week so i'm not gonna be able to do much recording at the moment which sucks. I am expecting a nice

• Members

Haha ok i dunno where i got 4.18 from. I updated mine two weeks ago with the latest....wow yeah August 4th! I'll update it again tonight. Josh - how come you're selling your face? (RME :p)

Bassist wasn't on this track....i just do the slappy groove thing on guitar...but since its a clean sound it gels nicely with the bass.

• Members

Haha ok i dunno where i got 4.18 from. I updated mine two weeks ago with the latest....wow yeah August 4th! I'll update it again tonight. Josh - how come you're selling your face? (RME
:p
)

Bassist wasn't on this track....i just do the slappy groove thing on guitar...but since its a clean sound it gels nicely with the bass.

I got the RME 9632 card to use instead. I don't need all the ins/outs/preamps on the Fireface and wanted to free up some money for other things... I'm getting about $900-$1000 out of it for switching to the 9632, so it'll be put to good use. haha. The 9632 has 2 ins/outs, stereo digital in, midi in/out, no preamps, etc. kind of a stripped down version

About the bass, I see. Do you ever pitch shift it down to fake the bass? I've heard some dudes on the sneap forum get some nice bass sounds from pitch shifting and running through an amp sim like SVX... or there's a few who use the VSTi's like hardcore bass. I've been thinking about getting a cheap bass for recording, but don't know if I want to bother with it or not.

• Members

I got the RME 9632 card to use instead. I don't need all the ins/outs/preamps on the Fireface and wanted to free up some money for other things... I'm getting about $900-$1000 out of it for switching to the 9632, so it'll be put to good use. haha. The 9632 has 2 ins/outs, stereo digital in, midi in/out, no preamps, etc. kind of a stripped down version

About the bass, I see. Do you ever pitch shift it down to fake the bass? I've heard some dudes on the sneap forum get some nice bass sounds from pitch shifting and running through an amp sim like SVX... or there's a few who use the VSTi's like hardcore bass. I've been thinking about getting a cheap bass for recording, but don't know if I want to bother with it or not.

Ahh nice man!

Nah never really tried pitchshifting a guitar for bass. I prefer to just use a bass...i have one so i may aswell! :p Thinkens it up nicely. I go straight into my avalon mic pre which is :love: and a 2nd signal going through a sansamp. I've gone off the sansamp alot latly though. Hmmmmmmmm. I think i'll try my bass through the axe fx later and try some distorted tones. So i'll have the nice avalon cleaness and some dirtyness from the axe. I just need to try and find that Ampeg user cab IR.

• Members

Hello Acle,

I am very impressed with your clean sound!! I was wondering if you would share your settings for this in the AXE-FX Ultra??? I can get this sound in my old pod, however haven't been able to in the AXE-FX yet. Seems by your clip you are already there!!! Just want to know if you might share your Ultra setting for the clean sound in your latest clip??

Thanks mate,

EZ

Archived