Official Austin Ampfest 3.0 signup thread! 11/1/08

Ron Burgandy

• Members
Hope things get better for you bro. I was hoping you would make it, but I totally understand.

So, should I hold off hounding Jen to book you guys at the White Rabbit? I haven't been there in a while but we are playing there next Saturday and she'll probably be there. She never responds to my emails and {censored} but if I talk to her in person, she'll have to give me some sort of answer. Just let me know what's going on with you guys.

Yeah dude, I REALLY wanted to make it, and the Austin show was seriously the ONLY thing I've been looking forward to the past few months. It was the THE thing I wanted to do and a point of progress for us, we've never played in Austin before, and that was really a big deal to me, having it all fall apart at the last {censored}ing minute really has put a dent in my patience.

However, don't hold off on hounding her as we'll be able to get back into show playing shape quite quickly if things go as I expect them to go tomorrow at practice. From the rate of forward progress that chic seems to make, if you hound her now, there probably won't be any results for a a few weeks at least, so we should be good. That'll be enough time to get the lineup back up and running. Just keep me informed about any possibles she may give you and I'll have to go through and get member by member approval, then get back to you. Thanks again for the help. :thu:

-Ans-

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah dude, I REALLY wanted to make it, and the Austin show was seriously the ONLY thing I've been looking forward to the past few months. It was the THE thing I wanted to do and a point of progress for us, we've never played in Austin before, and that was really a big deal to me, having it all fall apart at the last {censored}ing minute really has put a dent in my patience.

However, don't hold off on hounding her as we'll be able to get back into show playing shape quite quickly if things go as I expect them to go tomorrow at practice. From the rate of forward progress that chic seems to make, if you hound her now, there probably won't be any results for a a few weeks at least, so we should be good. That'll be enough time to get the lineup back up and running. Just keep me informed about any possibles she may give you and I'll have to go through and get member by member approval, then get back to you. Thanks again for the help.
:thu:

-Ans-

Cool man, will do. Yeah, Jen is weird. My girl works with her at the Rabbit and tells me she's a bitch. I have contacted her through myspace (like it says to for booking) like 3 or 4 times already all with no responses. It's starting to piss me off but if I am face to face with her she'll have to give me some sort of hint as to when and if she's ever gonna book you guys.

My girl's dad owns the joint but, unfortunately, he has nothing to do with the booking there. He pretty much just collects the profits while other people run it. I'm trying for you bro and I'll let you know something as soon as I do. You can keep trying to contact her as well. Maybe if she gets a bunch of requests for booking from you and I hound her everytime I see here there, she'll get off her ass and book a killer metal band there. :thu:

• Members

Ans you were really missed by a bunch of us on Saturday, but damn man, a person can only deal with so much {censored} in one week. We had a meeting and you're forgiven ;)

I will have you know, though, that with not having your chin to stroke, I fondled Brendan's twat tickler and a few select man nipples. And, without you to bring the br00tz, Moses and a few others had to work overtime to take up the slack.

Hope you get to feeling better soon, bro. :love:

• Members

Hey Ans sorry your week's been so {censored}ty. Hope things get better for ya!

BTW everyone check out clarion insurance. We should all have our {censored} insured so in the {censored}ty event of theft or something we're not {censored}ed. I got $24,000 all risk coverage (meaning it can die any kind of gruesome death/theft) for $306/year.

They also have set replacement $, so you don't have to argue down the road on how much you get if something happens. I basically get new replacement cost on everything i own.

• Members
LOL! Some of the guys did seem to have fun with it. I had to unplug Moses (sorry, forgot your real name, bro) so someone else could have a go. I think I was enjoying watching him play through it more than anything.

So Boris, did we meet or not? Damn, I'm really gonna be pissed if I somehow missed you.

Yeah we met. We met a few minutes after I got there. I was wearing the light blue polo :)

• Members

However, don't hold off on hounding her as we'll be able to get back into show playing shape quite quickly if things go as I expect them to go tomorrow at practice. From the rate of forward progress that chic seems to make, if you hound her now, there probably won't be any results for a a few weeks at least, so we should be good. That'll be enough time to get the lineup back up and running. Just keep me informed about any possibles she may give you and I'll have to go through and get member by member approval, then get back to you. Thanks again for the help.
:thu:

-Ans-

Sorry to hear, mang :( The high gain room just wasn't the same without you and Windsen. Granted TU BE definitely kept up with the riffage, but your presence was still needed.

• Members

so whens the next one of these? so pissed i couldnt make the move down to austin by now. still living it up in norfolk collecting my military pay until the end of the month. i see orange was rep'd there a bit. whose TT was that? not that its the best offering from orange at all. but hopefully im down next time so i can throw back some shiners and try some amps.

• Members
so whens the next one of these? so pissed i couldnt make the move down to austin by now. still living it up in norfolk collecting my military pay until the end of the month. i see orange was rep'd there a bit. whose TT was that? not that its the best offering from orange at all. but hopefully im down next time so i can throw back some shiners and try some amps.

That was actually a pic from the 2nd Ampfest back in May and if I remember correctly that was Windsen's TT. :thu:

There was one of the big boy Orange's last Saturday, and hopefully someone got a picture of it. I know Brendan was snapping away... Unfortunately I was borderline retarded most of the day, and spent most of my brain power preventing myself from drooling. :freak:

• Members
In the end, I believe the Vintage room was actually more popular than the Br00tz room this time around.

Yeah. We were missing some of our core constituents :cry:

It was still fun. I missed not giving Windsen's Nitro another run and Ans' Cobra. Mesa4x12er got there late - so of course I wasn't sober enough to spend much quality time with his Cobra. I liked the Savage alot more this time around too.

All in all, the brootz room had a good selection of amps to play. I wished you guys could have tried the VH4. I played that amp yesterday and I may even like it more than my Herbert. :eek: Just need to convice Paul to sell it to me.

• Members

Great meeting all of you!
Everyone was fckncool.
Especially nice to get to know Hamsa, Brendan, Kat, Dave, Shea...
If you don't remember me, I was the quiet half-asian guy.
I'll be sure to be more assertive next time. I really didn't know what to expect. Was this anyone else's FIRST ampfest?
Honestly, I dug a couple of the amps in the 'vintage' room the most.
The BROOTZ room had very impressive stuff but i finally got to play a little jazz in the vintroom. The Super Bunny was nice for it as well as the Twins.
I know Shea wouldn't stand for any cleans so I waited until he left.HEHE.
I was also impressed with the Savage 120.
When's the next one?!

• Members

Everyone
was fckncool.

Especially nice to get to know Hamsa, Brendan, Kat, Dave, Shea...

If you don't remember me, I was the quiet half-asian guy.

I'll be sure to be more assertive next time. I really didn't know what to expect. Was this anyone else's FIRST ampfest?

Honestly, I dug a couple of the amps in the 'vintage' room the most.

The BROOTZ room had very impressive stuff but i finally got to play a little jazz in the vintroom. The Super Bunny was nice for it as well as the Twins.

I know Shea wouldn't stand for any cleans so I waited until he left.HEHE.

I was also impressed with the Savage 120.

When's the next one?!

Man your Tele was DAMN impressive. I wish I would have had a bit more time to jam on it, as well as try out your LPC :love: Like I said at the Ampfest, I have a huge soft spot for white LPC's!

• Members

Any luck yet Dave? Put down the Resses and Kit Kats and get to it. ;)

Also, I know there are more pics from this thing. Where are they at? I had brought my new digital camera but got so caught up in playing amps and then partying afterwards it didn't even leave the car. :facepalm:

• Members
Any luck yet Dave? Put down the Resses and Kit Kats and get to it.
;)

Also, I know there are more pics from this thing. Where are they at?

I'm not sure... My buddy is in on my PowerMac trying to recover everything. He claims all the video is still on there even though I clicked the "Delete after downloading" option yesterday. :idk:

I don't know dick about computers so I don't really understand or know what he's doing. :(

• Members
I brought my camera figuring I'd get some vid on it too.

I was pissed when I found out it had no juice left in it.

AAARRGGH!

Yeah, I was angry with myself over completely forgetting mine. I'd have loved to have gotten a ton of pics of it all. Ah, next time I guess. Right now, Misle is heading back to Missouri. Ears still ringing, I'm sure. :thu:

• Members
Yeah. We were missing some of our core constituents
:cry:

It was still fun. I missed not giving Windsen's Nitro another run and Ans' Cobra. Mesa4x12er got there late - so of course I wasn't sober enough to spend much quality time with his Cobra. I liked the Savage alot more this time around too.

All in all, the brootz room had a good selection of amps to play. I wished you guys could have tried the VH4. I played that amp yesterday and I may even like it more than my Herbert.
:eek:
Just need to convice Paul to sell it to me.

i'm really sorry about that matt. i really wanted to let you give it another go. the nitro is sounding badass right now and i am so happy with it. perhaps another time. don't know when i'll be coming back to SA though =/

vh4 eh? more than the herbert? wha!? :cop:

• Members
i'm really sorry about that matt. i really wanted to let you give it another go. the nitro is sounding badass right now and i am so happy with it. perhaps another time. don't know when i'll be coming back to SA though =/

vh4 eh? more than the herbert? wha!?
:cop:

Now worries man. :thu: Glad you're feeling better now. I may be setting my sights on a Super Comp anyway - depending on the price. The VH4 is a killer amp. I'd love to have one. I should have bought this one when I had the chance and now Paul won't sell it to me. :lol:

• Members
Yeah we met. We met a few minutes after I got there. I was wearing the light blue polo
:)

Heh the one time I didn't pay much attention to what anyone was wearing so that I could concentrate on remembering names to go with the faces. I forget names way too easily but faces I remember well. Lemme see if I have this right. You have curly/wavy dark hair, pretty unassuming (quiet-ish, or at least not obnoxious like most of us) and if I am recalling correctly, you brought a Strat or Strat-like guitar that is black and gray quilted and sounds {censored}ing awesome? I'm thinking that's gotta be you because I don't pounce on the more quiet guys. Don't wanna scare anyone off, yaknow hehehe

• Members

{snippage}

When's the next one?!

Oh hell yeah, I'm ready for the next one. Same as Ampfest 2, I'm hyped about the next one. I can't remember your real name, but I remember you well and it was a blast to meet you. Same goes for Scott, the two guys who left about 5pm (one with a Florida Gators visor) and others I don't remember names of but whose faces I'll remember. I think there's like only one guy I've met at either Ampfest that I didn't instantly mesh with.

It's always great to get to know you guys more and I like seeing how people are in real life versus online. Like I said, I had a {censored}ing blast and I'm SO looking forward to the next one. Hopefully between now and then I'll finally get opportunities to see some of you guys' bands. This time, we did plan to go to the after show, but my bro's health is more important. I will get to heckle some of you guys on stage yet! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to pair up with Brendan and do that this time, but there will be other times and now with Brendan living down here, we can team up at someone's show :cop:

Windsen, you were missed, along with Ans. Getting sick sucks. Maybe we'll get really lucky and the temperature won't be in the 100s already by the next Ampfest.

Oops, before I forget (again), I want to thank Dave for organising the Ampfest and taking care of reservations. Thanks go to Shea for doing the footwork for setting up the after show. Dave, please tell Stacy (Stacey? sorry, didn't ask how to spell it!) it was great to get to meet her, even if it was for a brief moment. She seems like a real sweetheart, but then that's what it takes to put up with you :p hehehe

Bustin your chops, bro. You know I love you!

• Members

Stacy was kind of bummed that she had to sit in the hotel and study all day. She generally enjoys meeting y'all and is a surprisingly good sport about the whole thing :D

Oh well, she got kind of drunk at the after party and made up for it. The valets at the Hilton were laughing there asses off after we came stumbling back at 2am :lol:

On a sad note, my friend was only able to save the first part of one of the videos. To make a long story short, when I was downloading the pics/vids to my computer the first time, I must have jacked with it and corrupted some of the files. (my friend's explanation, assuming I heard him right) Anyway, the 300mb video files got {censored}ed. I'll post the one video when I get home. :(

Archived