Official Austin Ampfest 3.0 signup thread! 11/1/08

Ron Burgandy

• Members
Also!

The general consensus is that we're going to skip the twice a year Ampfest, and hold this {censored}er once a year.

As such, I'll still organize a yearly Austin Ampfest in November.

That's probably a good idea going to once a year. :thu:

In the mean time, I'm always open to having anyone over to my house to check out my amps anytime they are in SA. Of course there will be lots beer.
:cool:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I strongly apologize for the flakeyness displayed by myself and my band, and I apologize the most to Shea, for setting this all up. I'm sorry bro.

Don't sweat it man, we were just bummed we didnt get to see your band. Scheduling was all {censored}ed up (no surprise) so it worked out. :D

The Bastards were sloppy as {censored}, but it was pretty damn funny. We all had a great time though.

The ampfest was smaller this time but that meant I got to play the amps in the brutal room for awhile. I liked Eric's Savage 120, the VHT's, and the almighty Herbert.

And of course Alex (Senor Forum/SnaxPanther) didnt show up. :cop:

• Members
I also thought Boris' Superbass was awesome. it was cool hearing two Superbass side by side with different tubes. That boy can play too.
:eek:

Shea, thanks so much to you and Amy for your hospitality. Also, be sure and let me know how much it costs to replace the glass in that picture frame.:facepalm:

• Members
Don't sweat it man, we were just bummed we didnt get to see your band. Scheduling was all {censored}ed up (no surprise) so it worked out.
:D

The Bastards were sloppy as {censored}, but it was pretty damn funny. We all had a great time though.

The ampfest was smaller this time but that meant I got to play the amps in the brutal room for awhile. I liked Eric's Savage 120, the VHT's, and the almighty Herbert.

And of course Alex (Senor Forum/SnaxPanther) didnt show up.
:cop:

Dude, that VHT fit your style perfectly... amazing. You may like playing the Herbert better, but man, the VHT is for you for sure. Not so much for me. :)

I think the Savage sounded better this time, EQ in the loop definitely helps and I don't think it was plugged into a Bogner cab last time.

I'm glad I finally got to play through a Fireball, not a bad tone at all, but not quite as good as the Savage for me.

• Members
Shea, thanks so much to you and Amy for your hospitality. Also, be sure and let me know how much it costs to replace the glass in that picture frame.
:facepalm:

Ahahahahah Dont sweat it. Im just glad you werent injured. That would have sucked. :D

We partied ridiculously. It was glorious. You guys are welcome back anytime. :rawk:

• Members

I think the Savage sounded better this time, EQ in the loop definitely helps and I don't think it was plugged into a Bogner cab last time.

We ran it through the same cab actually - before it had v30s/t75s now it has v30s/h30s. I think we tried it through my all v30 diezel cab too. I definately like it more with the EQ in the loop this time around.

• Members
Ahahahahah Dont sweat it. Im just glad you werent injured. That would have sucked.
:D

We partied ridiculously. It was glorious. You guys are welcome back anytime.
:rawk:

I was laughing at you for puking and then after you went to bed, I did another shot with Phil and ended up puking too. I hadn't puked in a looooong time. So yeah, we kinda over did it LOL!!!

• Members
I was laughing at you for puking and then after you went to bed, I did another shot with Phil and ended up puking too. I hadn't puked in a looooong time. So yeah, we kinda over did it LOL!!!

I wasn't too far off from puking after we partied it up back at the hotel :D

If I had kept partying with my brother, then I definitely would have. :facepalm:

• Members
Heh the one time I didn't pay much attention to what anyone was wearing so that I could concentrate on remembering names to go with the faces. I forget names way too easily but faces I remember well. Lemme see if I have this right. You have curly/wavy dark hair, pretty unassuming (quiet-ish, or at least not obnoxious like most of us) and if I am recalling correctly, you brought a Strat or Strat-like guitar that is black and gray quilted and sounds {censored}ing awesome? I'm thinking that's gotta be you because I don't pounce on the more quiet guys. Don't wanna scare anyone off, yaknow hehehe

lol yeah that was me. :)

• Members

All the alcoholics showed up to this one.

There is truth to this.

Man, after I left Headhunters I was SO {censored}ING BLITZED that I told my friend's wife that she "probably had gonorrhea, but is hot enough that I'd risk it". Then, being the sweetheart that she is, still drove me and my friend Cullen home.

I took a taxi to my car the next morning, threw up twice on the way (didn't get any on or in the car), and went home after a whole blunt (ahh, the hangover curing powers of pot) and a long nap.

It was sweet.

Then I drank like that again the next night :o

• Members

That's all I should have drank
:lol:

I was a
weeeeeeeee
bit sloppy at the Aftershow. I even {censored}ed up Weezer's
The Sweater Song
:facepalm:

That's why stopped at the fest. I didn't drink another beer until right before we went on. Metal's gotta be tight or it sounds like a train wreck. :cop:

• Members
That's why stopped at the fest. I didn't drink another beer until right before we went on. Metal's gotta be tight or it sounds like a train wreck.

I never really stopped. :D

We ran through our set at Musiclab, loaded out, went to the hotel, went to bar at hotel, drank while the wimminz got ready :lol::facepalm: Then my singer and I did a Jaegar shot, and several beers before we finally went on.

Archived