OT:Tropic Thunder

IPlayMetronome

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Robert Downey Jr. is mounting one hell of a comeback.Everybody in this was great,including the people i didnt even know were in it.

Extremely funny movie,better than Pineapple Express.

Hmm...now there's TWO movies I need to see this weekend

• Members

Robert Downey Jr. is mounting one hell of a comeback.Everybody in this was great,including the people i didnt even know were in it.

Extremely funny movie,better than Pineapple Express.

I dont know if you heard this:

I just saw on the news tonight, I dont know if its local or not, but there is an uproar and proposed boycott of the film because Stillers character is referred to as a retard about 17 times.

They even referred to it as the "r" word.:rolleyes:

I guess now we cant call anyone fatso, schizo, psycho, beanpole...because they may get offended, too.

Its time for America to grow back its {censored}ing backbone.

That said, Im glad to see downey back, too. I hope he doesnt {censored} it up.

• Members

I dont know if you heard this:

I just saw on the news tonight, I dont know if its local or not, but there is an uproar and proposed boycott of the film because Stillers character is referred to as a retard about 17 times.

They even referred to it as the "r" word.
:rolleyes:

I guess now we cant call anyone fatso, schizo, psycho, beanpole...because they may get offended, too.

Its time for America to grow back its {censored}ing backbone.

That said, Im glad to see downey back, too. I hope he doesnt {censored} it up.

Thats retarded:facepalm:

• Members

Thats retarded:facepalm:

I have two children with special needs and they both ride the special needs bus to school every morning.

Call someone "retarded" in my presence and get ready for a fight. Say a joke about the "short bus" and be prepared for a trip to the hospital.

Try substituting the n-word every time you hear the r-word and then tell me how acceptable it is.

• Members

It was an extremely funny movie, and yes they do make fun of speacial people ALOT! But Robert Downey Jr. was the star of the show lol

I am going to see it on Friday. But I saw a trailer the other day were the black guy makes fun of Crocodile Dundee and Downey Jr., in his black voice says "Pump da brakes kid. That mans a national treasure." I spit mountain dew everywhere. Just a {censored}ing hilarious line.

• Members

I have two children with special needs and they both ride the special needs bus to school every morning.

Call someone "retarded" in my presence and get ready for a fight. Say a joke about the "short bus" and be prepared for a trip to the hospital.

Try substituting the n-word every time you hear the r-word and then tell me how acceptable it is.

:lol:

I'm truly sympathetic to your situation, as I have people in my family with special needs, but meh.

Getting physical over words is just stupid.

You were dealt a {censored}ty hand in some respects, but {censored}ing deal with it. Getting all "RARRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad:" about people saying silly {censored} makes you look like a moron.

My best friend in highschool was born with a short arm. We just used to laugh about it.

:idk:

Don't use your kid's disabilities as an excuse to get violent.

• Members

That's retarded...

• Members

you're not very good at making teh kids.

• Members

Sigh. Thought I was dealing with grown ups here. Some of you clearly are so I'll turn to that part of the room.

You're right about getting not getting violent. I was using hyperbole (sorry, suavedude, you'll need to look that one up). Of course, if I was going to get violent, I think my children make a damn good reason for it.

The fact is, I make great kids. My children are absolutely amazing. That's why demeaning them, even out of ignorance, is not acceptable.

I actually think that Tropic Thunder looks really funny. A much deeper level of humor than something like Pineapple Express. I probably will see it eventually.

Just because a particular epithet (another one for a few of you to look up) doesn't offend you personally, that doesn't make it OK.

Archived