finished my pedalboard.... (pics)

Alchemist

• Members

Looks great, make me one.

if I could make these faster, I may just have a marketable item.... but this thing is made of plywood (13 ply birch like a cab), and to make it have a smooth automobile type finish took way too much work sanding, filling, priming, sanding again.... then painting and finishing..... but it was fun to make :)

• Members

thanks
:)

if I could make these faster, I may just have a marketable item.... but this thing is made of plywood (13 ply birch like a cab), and to make it have a smooth automobile type finish took way too much work sanding, filling, priming, sanding again.... then painting and finishing..... but it was fun to make
:)

That's plywood??? It looks like metal. Pretty cool. Anyways...make them from metal and learn to weld and you could probably sell a ton. I doubt any gigging guitarist would want a plywood pedalboard, ya know?

• Members

That's plywood??? It looks like metal. Pretty cool. Anyways...make them from metal and learn to weld and you could probably sell a ton. I doubt any gigging guitarist would want a plywood pedalboard, ya know?

its strong, lightweight, and reinforced....... theres absolutely no give.... its not cheap plywood, its voidless birch, if its good enough for high end cabs, its ok for a pedalboard :idk:

besides, a lot of pedalboards are just cheap plywood covered with carpet or some tolex.....

anyways, it started out like this...

005-1.jpg

Archived