Hell yea on McCain's VP pick!

Spizzledude

• Members

So you can be practical on the one hand when it involves inconvenience for you, but violently condemning of effectively similar behavior on the other. Interesting...

NO.

If you don't know what a partial birth abortion is, kindly {censored} off because they are offensive to civilized society. It is removing a fully functional baby, but first killing it.

I personally think there's a grey area in the first few weeks, period. I'd have to check, but I believe the Down's test are at 10weeks.

Don't try and put words in my mouth. I'm not a hypocrite on any issue. That's zero. I never said I thought killing people was wrong in and of itself.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
True. If you like DRAMA. McCain is suppose to be preparing himself for an election, not wasting time trying to undig scandal, hiding pregnancy's, and dealing with "on the job training" to a woman that "doesn't even know what a VP's job consists of".

Sure, if you like DRAMA. Pick the bitch. I tend to try to steer clear from drama. It's exhausting. Last thing we need is this goddam garbage in the whitehouse. She should be home helping the 17yo hoe figure out who the daddy is.

Unfortunately, everything related to politics is inherently drama inducing. If you're looking to avoid it, you should stay out of it altogether. Why else would this thread have 600+ replies so far? ;)

(honestly, this is why I never discuss politics with people)

• Members

Oh come on. None of this is new news. It is only drama because the lib media wants it to be drama. Anyone new to the media is going to get totally reamed. The only difference between Palin and Obama in this regard is that Obama stepped onto the scene about a year ago.

Okay, lets assume this isn't new news... it's just the 'media' hyping up all this drama to make it worse.

Let us assume that McCain new about this drama before hand. This just proves that McCain has poor decision making skills, a person we don't want in the whitehouse. If he can't even find a drama free running mate, or if he can't anticipate how all this drama would unfold, then he's no leader.

Obama and Biden are out there making a difference in peoples lives, raising money for Gustav victims and being heard.

All McCain is doing is trying to figure out how he can defuse the media, what kind of stories can they prepare for to gain sympathy, and worrying about his campaign, not giving a rats ass about the hurricane.

All that's on the news for the past 20 hrs is 17yo unwed hoe, brother-in-law scandal and gustav. How does this affect Mccain's election?

• Members
Okay, lets assume this isn't new news... it's just the 'media' hyping up all this drama to make it worse.

Let us assume that McCain new about this drama before hand. This just proves that McCain has poor decision making skills, a person we don't want in the whitehouse. If he can't even find a drama free running mate, or if he can't anticipate how all this drama would unfold, then he's no leader.

Obama and Biden are out there making a difference in peoples lives, raising money for Gustav victims and being heard.

All McCain is doing is trying to figure out how he can defuse the media, what kind of stories can they prepare for to gain sympathy, and worrying about his campaign, not giving a rats ass about the hurricane.

All that's on the news for the past 20 hrs is 17yo unwed hoe, brother-in-law scandal and gustav. How does this affect Mccain's election?

Chill, you should change your moniker to Obama supporter :cop::lol:

The pregnancy should NOT be an issue, PERIOD. Like your beloved Obama said. the familys ESPECIALLY the kids are off limits. If the kid is pregnant or not isn't an issue, it's IF she can do the job, kids dont listen to their parents never have, never will... I didn't did you?

And NO I'm not a McCain supporter, I dont like either one of the cocksuckers, I think they both suck donkey balls :cop:

This is just the same bull{censored} we put up with in EVERY election, remember Billy Carter, or Clintons brother? everyone has a {censored} up in the family, it doesn't effect your ability to do your job. My Brother is a class A {censored} up, doesn't affect me in any way.

• Members

Well do you think all of the crap about her in the media is relevant? If not, then I would tend to blame the MEDIA for it, not McCain. I'm sure whoever he chose would be scrutinized to death.

• Members

NO.

If you don't know what a partial birth abortion is, kindly {censored} off because they are offensive to civilized society. It is removing a fully functional baby, but first killing it.

I personally think there's a grey area in the first few weeks, period. I'd have to check, but I believe the Down's test are at 10weeks.

Don't try and put words in my mouth. I'm not a hypocrite on any issue. That's zero. I never said I thought killing people was wrong in and of itself.

The fact is that partial birth abortion is statistically hardly worth worrying about on a societal level. There are virtually no doctors who will do it on demand, there are very, very few cases that require it medically (though there are some), and it should be an option in cases where the health of the mother is at risk. Those who spend a great deal of time and energy on the issue of partial birth abortion would better serve society by campaigning for better quality education and health care, less corruption in politics, and by contributing their energies to a variety of other issues. Partial birth abortion is a distraction as political issues go.

That said, the issue is whether Sarah Palin should get any special credit, as we consider her candidacy for Vice President of the United States, for the fact that she didn't terminate her pregnancy, and that her daughter won't either. In my opinion, this isn't worthy of any special consideration.

For me, her actual track record is far more important, and it doesn't seem impressive at all. What comes of the charges that she abused her power to get her ex-brother-in-law fired will be of supreme interest. Also, I find her support of teaching creationism in public schools to be reprehensible.

• Members
Also, I find her support of teaching creationism in public schools to be reprehensible.

I know this wasn't pointed at me, BUT I have my opinion on this subject... :lol:

The way I see it, there are 2 basic schools of teaching on this, and I (personally) think it should be a 2 way street, IF the Christians can back off and let evolution be taught in schools without bitching about it, then the other side should as well about creationism, teach both and let the students make up their minds what they want to believe.....

Granted it's not really a seperation of church and state, but people want both things, so why not let them have it? can of worms, sure, but {censored} it, I HATE with a passion all the HATRED thrown around (especially here) toward Christians, I'm no bible thumper by any means, and I dont cast judgement on anyone elses beliefs, so I fully EXPECT the same from everyone else, but everyone (Especially here) want to put each other down, and prove they are right.....who knows, we'll all only know once we are dead and gone... :cop:

• Members
Chill, you should change your moniker to Obama supporter
:cop::lol:

The pregnancy should NOT be an issue, PERIOD. Like your beloved Obama said. the familys ESPECIALLY the kids are off limits. If the kid is pregnant or not isn't an issue, it's IF she can do the job, kids dont listen to their parents never have, never will... I didn't did you?

And NO I'm not a McCain supporter, I dont like either one of the cocksuckers, I think they both suck donkey balls
:cop:

This is just the same bull{censored} we put up with in EVERY election, remember Billy Carter, or Clintons brother? everyone has a {censored} up in the family, it doesn't effect your ability to do your job. My Brother is a class A {censored} up, doesn't affect me in any way.

Whether you like it or not, one of those two "cocksuckers" are going to be pres. So out of this slim pickins, we have to dig deep to learn who is going to be best for our country and our families.

If I'm a Obama slappy because I think he's teh better choice, then so be it. The other (McCain) makes me nervous and I think he'd cause the destruction of us.

The pregnancy shouldn't be an issue.. but it's all the media is feeding us. Drama.

I hate drama.. just ask my exwife. ;)

• Members

I agree, and understand the only 2 cocksuckers we get, I HATE the "2 party system" I think it is terribly flawed.....

For the record, I dont know who I'm voting for yet, neither have impressed me enough to make a decision yet. Although I'll admit Obama made points with me with his statement on the pregnancy "issue". that was a classy move on his part.

• Members
Whether you like it or not, one of those two "cocksuckers" are going to be pres. So out of this slim pickins, we have to dig deep to learn who is going to be best for our country and our families.

If I'm a Obama slappy because I think he's teh better choice, then so be it. The other (McCain) makes me nervous and I think he'd cause the destruction of us.

The pregnancy shouldn't be an issue.. but it's all the media is feeding us. Drama.

I hate drama.. just ask my exwife.
;)

So wait a minute, now it is about the Media making it an issue and not necessarily a lapse in judgement on McCain's part? Stick to one or the other man.

McCain knew about this and he clearly did not think it was an issue beforehand. Why? Reasonable people don't think this is an issue. Kids are kids. Sometimes no matter how well you raise them, they do stuff that is just stupid. And guess what, it is part of growin up. You know this and I don't have to remind you either.

Dislike McCain for any reason you want, but this reason is simply shallow.

• Members
Granted it's not really a seperation of church and state, but people want both things, so why not let them have it? can of worms, sure, but {censored} it, I HATE with a passion all the HATRED thrown around (especially here) toward Christians, I'm no bible thumper by any means, and I dont cast judgement on anyone elses beliefs, so I fully EXPECT the same from everyone else, but everyone (Especially here) want to put each other down, and prove they are right.....who knows, we'll all only know once we are dead and gone...

Juggernaut, I like your balanced approach to this scenario. I have no beef with evolution being taught in school, especially since it is a theory and if correctly taught, it is merely one possible answer for the origin of man. The other side is just as valid considering that no one truthfully knows.

One other thing to consider, our founding fathers never imagined education being run by the government. It simply did not come to their heads. That is not to say they didn't value education, but kids were to be taught where? Churches and at home. Oh the irony.

How are our kids supposed to get a "well rounded education" if they aren't taught other points of view?

• Members

Thats my thoughts on it, I just get tired of all the hatred towards one another for opposing beliefs. It's silly and stupid, all the name calling that goes on here on this forum just scares me more than anything. I have my beliefs and they are just that MINE. I dont judge ANYONE for their beliefs or lack of, I have friends who are Christian, Jehovahs Witness, Mormon, Muslim, Athiest, etc... I respect them for their beliefs, and likewise I expect the same respect.

In this forum it's not acceptable to have a "belief" your just stupid or worshipping a "banana ghost" or whatever Deathmonkey called it. I find the lack of tolerance towards each other extremely hypocritical, alot of guys here scream and hollar about Christians or Muslims, or whoever, but yet dont look in the mirror long enough to realize they are doing the exact thing they are accusing others of..... :cop:

• Members

Thats my thoughts on it, I just get tired of all the hatred towards one another for opposing beliefs. It's silly and stupid, all the name calling that goes on here on this forum just scares me more than anything. I have my beliefs and they are just that MINE. I dont judge ANYONE for their beliefs or lack of, I have friends who are Christian, Jehovahs Witness, Mormon, Muslim, Athiest, etc... I respect them for their beliefs, and likewise I expect the same respect.

In this forum it's not acceptable to have a "belief" your just stupid or worshipping a "banana ghost" or whatever Deathmonkey called it. I find the lack of tolerance towards each other extremely hypocritical, alot of guys here scream and hollar about Christians or Muslims, or whoever, but yet dont look in the mirror long enough to realize they are doing the exact thing they are accusing others of.....

Evolution is not a belief. The "Judeo-Christian" (what a {censored}ed up term that is) religion and its creation story has no place in schools.

Teach what you want at home and in church, in the schools, we teach science and that's how it should be.

Science is the ultimate objective player in the religion debate. It assumes that all things before us have a natural explanation. It simply ignores religion and says, "What can we find out if we stop bickering over differing beliefs about deities and the super-natural?"

It turns out whatever deity or super-natural cause you believe in for creation left behind a crime scene that can be investigated with nothing but our own faculties and powers of reason, observation, and experimentation. We've got a pretty great handle on the hows and whys of many things out there in the universe all on our own and that's remarkable.

You can choose to ignore that or you can teach how to read this crime scene, how to be a part of these discoveries and illuminations of understanding.

One leads to a society of prepared inquisitors, the other leads to a society that does not question.

You can learn both but they have very separate places.

And yes, the evolution/creation debate really does go that far-- you cannot be a good scientist and ignore this problem or deny this scientific conclusion. We're undermining excellent science right at the very birth of our next generation of inquisitors by denying one of its most provocative, powerful, and well-supported conclusions.

• Members

There's a problem here with what would seem to be a level-headed approach-- these explanations are not equal, nor do they deserve equal time.

One is based entirely on faith and the disregard of scientific evidence. One is the conclusion of thousands of scientists and their results over hundreds of millions of experiments which converge on a scientific truth.

You can believe whatever you want, but one is teaching science and one is teaching nothing.

You like his balanced approach only because your concern is the conclusion, not the critical learning process that has to bring you to that conclusion. It is a tremendous disservice to the youth of America to teach as though religion and science have the same academic and intellectual clout-- they don't.

And I believe in God.

But that's a belief, and there's nothing academic or intellectual or revealing about it.

Science, following methodological naturalism, repeatability and falsifiability is critical to our understanding of the world that is, was, and will be. Religion is your personal choice for the home.

FWIW, public education was a product of French revolutionary ideas and didn't come into prominence in the US until the mid-1800s. Why? Because before that point only the elite were allowed to vote but it was rightly determined that a wider, more inclusive, more democratic electorate and society required an educated electorate. The purpose of public education is to assure that we can vote responsibly and act responsibly in a democracy, first and foremost. Now we've added the need for skilled workers to sustain our economy as well as increased social mobility to the reasons public education does and should exist.

Getting rid of public ed is a horrific idea. If that's honestly what you mean by your cute little fact, well, then you misunderstand the intentions of the forefathers of this state who would have instated public ed were they products of a slightly later time period and you also are demonstrating your lack of deference for education.

And, FWIW, I give to you the founder of the University of Virginia, Thomas Jefferson. Also a fella that may be included in those founding fathers.

Evolution is not a belief. The "Judeo-Christian" (what a {censored}ed up term that is) religion and its creation story has no place in schools.

Teach what you want at home and in church, in the schools, we teach science and that's how it should be.

Science is the ultimate objective player in the religion debate. It assumes that all things before us have a natural explanation. It simply ignores religion and says, "What can we find out if we stop bickering over differing beliefs about deities and the super-natural?"

It turns out whatever deity or super-natural cause you believe in for creation left behind a crime scene that can be investigated with nothing but our own faculties and powers of reason, observation, and experimentation. We've got a pretty great handle on the hows and whys of many things out there in the universe all on our own and that's remarkable.

You can choose to ignore that or you can teach how to read this crime scene, how to be a part of these discoveries and illuminations of understanding.

One leads to a society of prepared inquisitors, the other leads to a society that does not question.

You can learn both but they have very separate places.

And yes, the evolution/creation debate really does go that far-- you cannot be a good scientist and ignore this problem or deny this scientific conclusion. We're undermining excellent science right at the very birth of our next generation of inquisitors by denying one of its most provocative, powerful, and well-supported conclusions.

Creationism is WITCHCRAFT! Hell no I'm not going to vote for some nutcase who's pushing that cultist craziness on my children.

I honestly didn't think that anyone outside of places like Nebraska and Iowa even believed in that nonsense. Creationism is worse then Scientology.

This girl's a real winner. Hah.

-W

• Members

Oh come on. None of this is new news. It is only drama because the lib media wants it to be drama. Anyone new to the media is going to get totally reamed. The only difference between Palin and Obama in this regard is that Obama stepped onto the scene about a year ago.

Yep just drama

[YOUTUBE]loUHRv3ipLE[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Juggernaut, I like your balanced approach to this scenario. I have no beef with evolution being taught in school, especially since it is a theory and if correctly taught, it is merely one possible answer for the origin of man. The other side is just as valid considering that no one truthfully knows.

One other thing to consider, our founding fathers never imagined education being run by the government. It simply did not come to their heads. That is not to say they didn't value education, but kids were to be taught where? Churches and at home. Oh the irony.

How are our kids supposed to get a "well rounded education" if they aren't taught other points of view?

Shall we include Buddhism, Muslim and Pagan teachings too? As you said 'the other side is just as valid considering that no one truthfully knows.'

• Members

I liked obama's response. He basically said that "our children should never be an issue in an election....hes right. Its just more political {censored}.

Dont focus on the real issues just give the public some gossip and they'll eat it up.

• Members
I know this wasn't pointed at me, BUT I have my opinion on this subject...
:lol:

The way I see it, there are 2 basic schools of teaching on this, and I (personally) think it should be a 2 way street, IF the Christians can back off and let evolution be taught in schools without bitching about it, then the other side should as well about creationism, teach both and let the students make up their minds what they want to believe.....

Yeah but the problem is they don't get taught evolution in church. So you want these kids to go to school and be taught both Evo. and Creationism, then on Sunday go to church and be told Evo. is wrong and Creationism is right. Plus, what about the non-christian kids in school. Why the hell would they want to learn Creationism.

The fact of the matter is kids already get exposed to both and most have the independent nature to make their own decisions on their beliefs. If the kid is a Christian, he will go to church and hear how God created man. If he goes to school he will learn how scientists think we evolved. If he isn't brainwashed then he will make is own choice.

Teaching Creationism in schools is a stupid argument. I'm sorry there is absolutely no reason for doing it. It brings up the Flying Spaghetti Monster issue (that if we teach the christian stance on creation, we have to respect every stance on creation) which will lead to our kids getting taught 20 different types of bull{censored} for 1 reasonable answer.

P.S. Juggernaut this wasn't an attack on you, I just am absolutely surprised that there is a politician that has a chance to be president who thinks Creationism should be taught in school. I am a Christian, and am totally cool with Creationists, in fact their acceptance of religion over science is a testament to their faith, but I simply cannot agree that train of thought.

• Members

Yeah but the problem is they don't get taught evolution in church. So you want these kids to go to school and be taught both Evo. and Creationism, then on Sunday go to church and be told Evo. is wrong and Creationism is right. Plus, what about the non-christian kids in school. Why the hell would they want to learn Creationism.

The fact of the matter is kids already get exposed to both and most have the independent nature to make their own decisions on their beliefs. If the kid is a Christian, he will go to church and hear how God created man. If he goes to school he will learn how scientists think we evolved. If he isn't brainwashed then he will make is own choice.

Teaching Creationism in schools is a stupid argument. I'm sorry there is absolutely no reason for doing it. It brings up the Flying Spaghetti Monster issue (that if we teach the christian stance on creation, we have to respect every stance on creation) which will lead to our kids getting taught 20 different types of bull{censored} for 1 reasonable answer.

P.S. Juggernaut this wasn't an attack on you, I just am absolutely surprised that there is a politician that has a chance to be president who thinks Creationism should be taught in school. I am a Christian, and am totally cool with Creationists, in fact their acceptance of religion over science is a testament to their faith, but I simply cannot agree that train of thought.

+1

Teaching Creationism in schools is a God-awful idea

• Members

You know, I don't really think she meant it to come off as "I don't know what a VP does." or "I don't know what I would do as VP." ...

But epic failure for saying that to the Nations public right after you got tapped for VP.

It was before she was tapped. Still a 'failure' or whatever since she was being considered at that time.

Archived