Smart phone crew v. which one has the best internet browsing?

JnBroadbent

• Members
Funny.. Iv'e had my s720 replaced 3 times since December when I got it. My friend has the same phone with the same problems. Other random people I've talked to with the same phone has had nothing but problems with it.

As I said, the S series was :bor:

Everyone knows those things suck. Every company released a {censored}ter here and there.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I had an HTC Touch before switching to the iPhone. Windows Mobile is a bloated crash magnet. That {censored}ing piece of {censored} would crash if you looked at it funny. Hated it.

If you have a Mac, iPhone is the only way to go. Period. If not, look for the new Crackberrys.

The Touch simply sucked. Period.

Windows Mobile, IMO, if you know what you're doing, is wonderful.

I haven't had a single lockup or slowdown with 6.1 on my Q9H, although 6.1 kind of rapes 5 and 6. :thu:

• Members
What's wrong with the iPhone's phone? I don't really talk on the phone much, but still curious before dropping $1k a year on this thing.

Firstly, the call quality, while GOOD on the 3G iPhone, still sucks gigantic balls compared to the Curve, the Q9H, and hell, even the Tilt, which was so-so.

The original iPhone, wow... terrible sound quality.

Not to mention the external speaker on the iPhone is :facepalm: which is hilarious considering it's a very media-centric device.

Again, I still love the iPhone, and will probably get one for browsing. ;)

• Members

My friend who works for Alltel says they have all sorts of issues with the HTC phones. He steered me away from it because of this. I ended up with a Blackberry 8330 Curve. I'm very happy with it, although it doesn't do WIFI, I don't think, so if you need WIFI you might want to ask before you buy one. As a phone, I have never had a phone that pulls reception like the Curve. I am in a rural area in deep southern Illinois and there are a LOT of areas that have very low if any reception that I drive through on Mondays when I go out and call on local school band directors. I've never been able to get service with any other phone at two of these schools, but my Curve works like a charm in those two places, so as a phone the Curve is very good.

As far as internet, I have both the Blackberry browser and Opera Mini on my Curve and the internet is fine, although probably not quite as easy as it would be on the iphone. The Curve has a trackball mouse on it which is nice. The net is fast enough on mine, although connection speed obviously depends a bit on signal strength. I love my Curve, though, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

• Members
Uh, what?

:confused:

Are you talking about the HTC Touch Diamond?

2 of my coworkers use them.

And the Pro will be out before Christmas, making the Diamond useless anyway.
:thu:

How much will the pro be + 2 year contract? I have sprint already and they are pretty good I suppose.

• Members

I've had the HTC touch (with Verizon) and now have the iPhone with Rogers (moved to Canada)

the iPhone I feel really makes Windows Mobile 6, and the HTC Touch in general, seem like 5yr old technology...

I actually really wanted to get the Touch Diamond (out with Telus in Canada), but the reception in my condo is much better with Rogers, so I thought I would "bite the bullet" and buy the iPhone...

I think it is the best decision I could have made. Haven't played with the Touch Diamond yet, but I really don't think it could possibly compare to the iPhone... I hope I can eventually at least play w/ the Touch Diamond...

oh yeah, Jailbreaking the iPhone makes it 10x as much fun

• Members
There are a host of Chinese companies making IPhone ripoffs.

There's the HiPhone and the tPhone, to name a few.

They actually have features that the Iphone needs...

Somebody get Behringer on the phone.

I saw one on youtube that had UI straight out of windows 95.

:D

156 colors...ftl

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I messed with my ex's voyager and it was okay but i ended up deciding on the palm centro yesterday... after going through hell to get rid of my AT&T because of crappy service. More than satisfied with verizon and the way the internet works on the palm centro. Broadband connection is pretty fast.

• Members

I've been an iPhone fanboi since I first saw them, and haven't had too many issues aside from AT&T's network going down a few months back.

However recently (after the last update) my iPhone is slow as {censored}, and Safari will randomly close. :confused: It takes a while to respond to touch when I first unlock it, trying to reply on here gives me some strange glitch where it'll scroll all over the screen after each character entered, and overall the whole thing just seems to be dragging along.

The problems happen on WiFi and EDGE, so it's not just a network problem this time. I'm going to take it to the Apple store in the next couple days because this is ridiculous.

• Members

No problems on my phone with the latest update.

On a side note, any of you Iphone guys use Shazam?

Mine worked great for a few weeks and now it won't tag any songs.

The program starts fine, but I get a "can't ID" music message everytime, regardless of what song I try.

I have already deleted and re-synced twice.

• Members

My Sprint rep says this month.

I'm actually working at Sprint right now, and we're not quite sure when it's coming out for US carriers yet. It's soon, though. I've played with an import of it, though. It's pretty great. The one I used was GSM only, no 3G because it was for European/Asian markets, and they use different bands than we do. The phone is 3G, though.

• Members

It lags because of bloated graphics.

Go look for a youtube video.

I think it depends on the user. Some of the vids it looked pretty quick, other it looked slow. From what I read you have to use a pretty heavy finger to get it to respond. But, like all HTC phones, it will only get better when the update the firmware. I had an HTC Mogul for a long time and, with every software release, it would get faster and better.

I'm going to try and replace my Samsung Instinct with a Touch Diamond. :thu:

Archived